Louisville Slugger Catalyst (SB105) Softball Bat Replacement Bat Issue

hcarcrx

#WEAKSAUCE
So is price point the determining factor or contruction? $80 Composite could be justified as a $100 Metal return just as easily.

No, the performance of the bat was much better than some $100 pos they are trying to give back. We are also talking about Worth who values their customers, and when I broke my PST, Worth sent back a Mutant, along with a pair of batting gloves and one of their new roller bags. They bent over back wards to make me happy without me asking.

You have a bat that was priced at $200,, and LS wants to send back a $60 drain pipe bat? If the performance was the same or close to the bat that was sent back, yea that fair.

and it sounds like you are one of the ones who are abusing the system also.

I have had a gripe with LS long before this thread was even thought of.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
No, the performance of the bat was much better than some $100 pos they are trying to give back. We are also talking about Worth who values their customers, and when I broke my PST, Worth sent back a Mutant, along with a pair of batting gloves and one of their new roller bags. They bent over back wards to make me happy without me asking.

You have a bat that was priced at $200,, and LS wants to send back a $60 drain pipe bat? If the performance was the same or close to the bat that was sent back, yea that fair.

and it sounds like you are one of the ones who are abusing the system also.

I have had a gripe with LS long before this thread was even thought of.

Key there is WAS priced at $200. Your PST WAS priced at $400. I seriously doubt Worth would bent over to help you out if you got it for $60. I don't particularly appreciate the accusation that I was abusing the system. I had my backup blow up in January, then pulled out another brand new one and it blew up in 25 swings. So obviously my gamer remains gamer only status for the foreseeable future and I was nervous to even break out one of the others even before this change (of the five remaining, only two are 28's).

hcarcrx

#WEAKSAUCE
Key there is WAS priced at $200. Your PST WAS priced at $400. I seriously doubt Worth would bent over to help you out if you got it for $60. I don't particularly appreciate the accusation that I was abusing the system. I had my backup blow up in January, then pulled out another brand new one and it blew up in 25 swings. So obviously my gamer remains gamer only status for the foreseeable future and I was nervous to even break out one of the others even before this change (of the five remaining, only two are 28's).

It doesnt matter what the price point of the sale was, retail sales have the option of selling cheaper the MSRP. The bat should be replaced with a comparable model, if they do not have the comparable model, the next level up bat should be given in replacement. Not a low level bat. That is piss poor customer service, and they only have that bat in stock because no one wants one. Look at ebay, they can be had for $30.00 on there. Would you be happy with a return for one of your broken Cattys? I know I would be livid, and LS would receive a call from me.
As far as the accusation, that was just me giving you some of what LS customer service has given to its customers. You swung the bat in December, its was to cold outside for that, no matter where you live at:rolleyes:

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
You don't read to well, do you?

this.

no way i'm supporting Louisville Slugger anymore. Like someone else said, thank god for Easton and Demarini.

dturner... you're a dumbass and this is a cop out for your company's mistakes and ignorance.

crawl13

Addicted to Softballfans
this.

no way i'm supporting Louisville Slugger anymore. Like someone else said, thank god for Easton and Demarini.

dturner... you're a dumbass and this is a cop out for your company's mistakes and ignorance.

i believe you are the dumbas*. DT is trying to play damage control. I do not agree with it but I am not going to call a guy out that is doing his job. DT turned the worth program around and is doing a good job at LS. I stopped swinging them last year and still have a broke catty. Disappointed yes, but life goes on.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
It doesnt matter what the price point of the sale was, retail sales have the option of selling cheaper the MSRP. The bat should be replaced with a comparable model, if they do not have the comparable model, the next level up bat should be given in replacement. Not a low level bat. That is piss poor customer service, and they only have that bat in stock because no one wants one. Look at ebay, they can be had for $30.00 on there. Would you be happy with a return for one of your broken Cattys? I know I would be livid, and LS would receive a call from me.
As far as the accusation, that was just me giving you some of what LS customer service has given to its customers. You swung the bat in December, its was to cold outside for that, no matter where you live at:rolleyes:

Hottest January in Bay Area History. Like I said, I like the Catty and didn't want it to break. Fact remains, you have the option of a $200 price point bat (the Sonic) with the token of full warranty for having to wait. There hasn't been a Catalyst for sale for $200 anywhere in over a year. They were handing out Z's to cover any early adopters. All the ones going in now are off of outlet discounted sales receipts. Their metal bat has that same approximate price point. They are being more than fair. Sue them if you honestly think otherwise.

hcarcrx

#WEAKSAUCE
Hottest January in Bay Area History. Like I said, I like the Catty and didn't want it to break. Fact remains, you have the option of a $200 price point bat (the Sonic) with the token of full warranty for having to wait. There hasn't been a Catalyst for sale for $200 anywhere in over a year. They were handing out Z's to cover any early adopters. All the ones going in now are off of outlet discounted sales receipts. Their metal bat has that same approximate price point. They are being more than fair. Sue them if you honestly think otherwise.

I have nothing to sue them about, I will and do not swing them due to the fact of durability issues and horrible customer service. They have treated me and everyone that I have known like criminals when we have had to call to get a issue taken care of, with a problem that wasnt involved with fake receipts. If you chose to be punished every single time you have a issue with a bat, please feel free to waste your time and money to send the bat back, only to hear them tell you that your claim was denied do to some bull crap , and have them keep your bat that you payed for . Please feel free, more power to you.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Meika sounded kinda hot on the phone, she didn't make me feel like a criminal at all. I don't know, I felt bad that I busted two Cattys in seven days, but sending in a credit card statement to prove my crappy emailed excel generated receipt was valid didn't seem like an excessive request. Especially when I was getting two bats back with greater resale value than I actually paid for the five Cattys I bought for personal use. That if any more bust I'm not getting a Z sucks, but the Sonic with full warranty sounds pretty good for me personally. It's still theoretically a $200 value return for a $65 investment which beats the $200 Reebok credit for a busted $100 Melee as the best current good cheap bat with a better bat return deal in my opinion.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
I have my opinion on the issue but most would claim I was biased (Even though I did voice my opinion to the powers that be...) so it's probably not in my best interest to comment BUT...

One thing I will say and will defend to the end is DT. There's no need for the name calling and throwing insults. The man is doing his job. We all have bosses, you do, I do, he does. He's doing what the company felt needed to be done. Many of you claim Worth has great customer service, prior to me being with Louisville I used Worth quite often and you're correct...the customer service was awesome. Guess what, DT helped make Worth what it is today! He helped put them on top. If you doubt that, there's an army of people that will tell you DT is one of, if not THE best at what he does in the softball industry. Disagree with the company and their decision, fine but don't attack him because of it. His posts are being informational and to the point. He knew what he was up against when he posted this, the last thing anyone wants is an internet battle. Noone ever really wins.

Forget it, I am commenting...

Is it the IDEAL solution to the problem? Nope. I don't think it is. I even told DT that I didn't feel it was BUT the warranty program was being used and abused so thoroughly it was basically being used as an upgrade program on bats that Louisville clearenced out at WAY below the normal selling point. (Meaning they barely broke even on the models and they were supposed to be sold as NO WARRANTY!) Let's be realistic here, when was the last time the Catalysts were selling for $150 or so retail? It's been WAY over a year since that was even remotely the case. People were buying these up at $75 to $100 each and snapping them intentionally to get a Z2K, every person freaking out on this thread KNOWS for a fact players do things like this all the time. It's more common than we even want to admit. I almost think manufacturers should do 1 of 2 things. Go back to NO WARRANTY bats and lower the price point OR make ALL bat purchases TWO bats of equal models. Basically an instant warranty when purchased from an authorized retailer. Then there is no UPGRADE abuse or complaining because they didn't get the model they deserve etc.

My take...

Very few of the ones effected were really using a red Catalyst as a gamer. We also know that's true. The fact they spent $80-$140 (Depending on when you purchased it...) and as long as it was a purchased with a valid receipt from a authorized retailer you might have to wait but they are offering you a BRAND NEW MODEL Sonic+ WITH A FREAKING WARRANTY INCLUDED! That $80-$140 just flipped you potentially 3 bats because of the added full year warranty with the suffering of a WAIT but an extra bat with warranty included makes up for that in my opinion. Now as far as the Warrior offer or even the discount off a purchase at retail pricing goes, that was NOT something I was fond of at all. Scratch that off the table. I am not a decision maker though, I just offer my opinion and advice from a softball consumers view. But either way if you really look into it, you are waiting which I know sucks...I have been there before BUT what you're getting back in return makes it worth it. Once again, how many of you complaining NEED those Cattys RIGHT this instant because the Catty was your gamer? They are giving you a returnable brand new 2015 model yet to be released bat for the inconvenience. If that doesn't seem fair, I don't understand fair. This isn't costing you anything extra? Is it? You're not being hosed a bat? Are you? No, you just have to wait to get a similar model but because of the wait they are including a full warranty. Seems like a decent compromise. What I think most people are upset about is the fact the "WARRIOR" offer and discount off of retail pricing was insulting to some of you. I actually completely get why you might feel that way. My guess is if it would have been posted only offering the Sonic+ scenario and fully explaining WHY that was the route we were taking and how Louisville was going to make it right by customers...everybody would be fine with it. They aren't trying to screw anybody, to the contrary...we all know fake receipts/upgrading etc most the time it's the bat companies getting screwed. Nobody that made a legit purchase will be eff'd over. I am confident in that...

There is NO PERFECT solution to this problem, mistakes were made on several levels. Just like the BAD BATCH Z-2000's and Louisville Slugger bit the bullet and did what they needed to do to keep everyone they could happy. I love the reissue Z-2's but I would rather take a Sonic+ with warranty over a No Return Z-2 anyway. Wouldn't you? In this case, the sins of MANY ruined it for MANY. It was not just a few guys, it isn't ideal but if you really break it down you're still being taken care of. Just my 2 cents, probably not even worth half that though. Lol.

Let the crucifying begin...

Last edited:

Smoofz

Manager
All I know is that they didn't give me any return for my red Catalyst, at all. My first real bat purchase since I'm still fairly new and when I go to return it I got nothing. I really liked the bat too but this experience has really made me dislike Louisville Slugger. I even bought it well before they started giving Z's back for a return... just any return would have been nice.

Saw the B1's on sale for $118 and never looked back. Think they'll give me back a hammer if it breaks within 6months because of the reduced sale price? ****, even if they did send a hammer it would be more than LS CS did for me.

hittingbombs

Banned User
suggested retail and actual retail are not the same thing. who the hell is paying $100 for a Warrior? if this is an accepted business practice, why wouldn't a company like easton put an MSRP of $299 on hammers and send them out for all returns? this is one of the worst business decisions i've ever seen. LS should come out with a catalyst reissue and call it the Exodus since that's what they're causing.

i also like that the LS guy noted that they produced a bat with ASA stamps that was never actually approved for ASA play. Bass anyone?

That LS guy is Dennis Turner, president of softball operations for Louisville Slugger. Whether its right or wrong, at least you have a top dog for the organization getting on here to fill everyone in on the situation.

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
My thoughts also, but as far as DT...he could of just sat in a comfy chair and told every employee in CS to reject all returns. BUT, he got on here and offered us an explanation of why they are doing what they are doing. Like it or not...
I have my opinion on the issue but most would claim I was biased (Even though I did voice my opinion to the powers that be...) so it's probably not in my best interest to comment BUT...

One thing I will say and will defend to the end is DT. There's no need for the name calling and throwing insults. The man is doing his job. We all have bosses, you do, I do, he does. He's doing what the company felt needed to be done. Many of you claim Worth has great customer service, prior to me being with Louisville I used Worth quite often and you're correct...the customer service was awesome. Guess what, DT helped make Worth what it is today! He helped put them on top. If you doubt that, there's an army of people that will tell you DT is one of, if not THE best at what he does in the softball industry. Disagree with the company and their decision, fine but don't attack him because of it. His posts are being informational and to the point. He knew what he was up against when he posted this, the last thing anyone wants is an internet battle. Noone ever really wins.

Forget it, I am commenting...

Is it the IDEAL solution to the problem? Nope. I don't think it is. I even told DT that I didn't feel it was BUT the warranty program was being used and abused so thoroughly it was basically being used as an upgrade program on bats that Louisville clearenced out at WAY below the normal selling point. (Meaning they barely broke even on the models and they were supposed to be sold as NO WARRANTY!) Let's be realistic here, when was the last time the Catalysts were selling for $150 or so retail? It's been WAY over a year since that was even remotely the case. People were buying these up at $75 to $100 each and snapping them intentionally to get a Z2K, every person freaking out on this thread KNOWS for a fact players do things like this all the time. It's more common than we even want to admit. I almost think manufacturers should do 1 of 2 things. Go back to NO WARRANTY bats and lower the price point OR make ALL bat purchases TWO bats of equal models. Basically an instant warranty when purchased from an authorized retailer. Then there is no UPGRADE abuse or complaining because they didn't get the model they deserve etc.

My take...

Very few of the ones effected were really using a red Catalyst as a gamer. We also know that's true. The fact they spent $80-$140 (Depending on when you purchased it...) and as long as it was a purchased with a valid receipt from a authorized retailer you might have to wait but they are offering you a BRAND NEW MODEL Sonic+ WITH A FREAKING WARRANTY INCLUDED! That $80-$140 just flipped you potentially 3 bats because of the added full year warranty with the suffering of a WAIT but an extra bat with warranty included makes up for that in my opinion. Now as far as the Warrior offer or even the discount off a purchase at retail pricing goes, that was NOT something I was fond of at all. Scratch that off the table. I am not a decision maker though, I just offer my opinion and advice from a softball consumers view. But either way if you really look into it, you are waiting which I know sucks...I have been there before BUT what you're getting back in return makes it worth it. Once again, how many of you complaining NEED those Cattys RIGHT this instant because the Catty was your gamer? They are giving you a returnable brand new 2015 model yet to be released bat for the inconvenience. If that doesn't seem fair, I don't understand fair. This isn't costing you anything extra? Is it? You're not being hosed a bat? Are you? No, you just have to wait to get a similar model but because of the wait they are including a full warranty. Seems like a decent compromise. What I think most people are upset about is the fact the "WARRIOR" offer and discount off of retail pricing was insulting to some of you. I actually completely get why you might feel that way. My guess is if it would have been posted only offering the Sonic+ scenario and fully explaining WHY that was the route we were taking and how Louisville was going to make it right by customers...everybody would be fine with it. They aren't trying to screw anybody, to the contrary...we all know fake receipts/upgrading etc most the time it's the bat companies getting screwed. Nobody that made a legit purchase will be eff'd over. I am confident in that...

There is NO PERFECT solution to this problem, mistakes were made on several levels. Just like the BAD BATCH Z-2000's and Louisville Slugger bit the bullet and did what they needed to do to keep everyone they could happy. I love the reissue Z-2's but I would rather take a Sonic+ with warranty over a No Return Z-2 anyway. Wouldn't you? In this case, the sins of MANY ruined it for MANY. It was not just a few guys, it isn't ideal but if you really break it down you're still being taken care of. Just my 2 cents, probably not even worth half that though. Lol.

Let the crucifying begin...

TheRealNatural

Addicted to Softballfans
The simple fact is that LS is not taking care of their customers. LS created their own problem, and instead of honoring their word they are spitting in the faces of their customers.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
Please read my post again, how are they NOT taking care of customers? The only ones that will suffer are the ones who purposely tried to scam the system. Please show me your bottom line. I just explained all scenarios and in every one of them something is being done to make the situation better for the customer. Some options are better than others, I agree. You're not paying anything extra and you are not getting shafted a return. The Sonic+ offer is very fair compromise. You just have to wait for a brand new bat that's not even released yet and you get a returnable model back! How in God's name is THAT not taking care of customers? The wait is an inconvenience I understand but they are making up for it.

Let's do the math...

Catalyst purchase = $75-$125 depending on when you bought the bat. As long as it was purchased from an authorized retailer you receive a $200 price point Sonic+ back as a return with a full warranty.

Worst case, $125 bought you a Catalyst until it broke, a brand new Sonic+ and potential for a 3rd bat in the warranty period. So under $50 a bat! That's a WORST case scenario because many guys paid much less than $125.

Yeah, how dare you Louisville Slugger...

Last edited:

Smoofz

Manager
Please read my post again, how are they NOT taking care of customers? The only ones that will suffer are the ones who purposely tried to scam the system. Please show me your bottom line. I just explained all scenarios and in every one of them something is being done to make the situation better for the customer. Some options are better than others, I agree. You're not paying anything extra and you are not getting shafted a return. The Sonic+ offer is very fair compromise. You just have to wait for a brand new bat that's not even released yet and you get a returnable model back! How in God's name is THAT not taking care of customers? The wait is an inconvenience I understand but they are making up for it.

Let's do the math...

Catalyst purchase = $75-$125 depending on when you bought the bat. As long as it was purchased from an authorized retailer you receive a $200 price point Sonic+ back as a return with a full warranty.

Worst case, $125 bought you a Catalyst until it broke, a brand new Sonic+ and potential for a 3rd bat in the warranty period. So under $50 a bat! That's a WORST case scenario because many guys paid much less than $125.

Yeah, how dare you Louisville Slugger...

Of course they can do no wrong according to a rep. Just saying.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
What about the people getting their claims rejected for no reason? There's a few that have posted in this thread. Sounds like they are getting NOTHING.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
Of course they can do no wrong according to a rep. Just saying.

Exactly why I almost refrained from commenting. People will claim I'm biased. You're incorrect and have no basis for that allegation. I, in my posts stated several times I don't completely agree with the entire situation. I also stated there was no perfect solution either. All I'm trying to show you close minded, thick skulled guys is that what's being offered isn't the end of the world. It's really not a bad deal at all once you break it down and look at it. Is it THE IDEAL solution, not in everyone's eyes but it is a solution.

Instead of trying to claim I'm defending them cause I'm a rep, instead show me where I'm wrong. Please, by all means. I'm listening.

I've been dealing/trading/selling goods on SBF's for a LONG time. I have a very, very good reputation and would not risk my reputation by defending ANY company that I felt was actually screwing consumers over. Whether I'm a rep or not. I have a LONG list of board members that will vouch my credibility. Please attempt to discredit my explanation of the scenarios again but try using facts this time.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
What about the people getting their claims rejected for no reason? There's a few that have posted in this thread. Sounds like they are getting NOTHING.

I'm not accusing anybody, but we ALL know people smash bats intentionally just to get returns. Sometimes they use poles, curbs, rocks, hammers..I have heard it all. There's two sides to every story, Louisville will cut bats open if they are investigating a claim. Hell, I had DeMarini call me years back asking to cut a bat open so they could authorize a warranty. All the companies do it. What I'm getting at, Louisville doesn't just deny claims for no reason whatsoever. That would be business suicide. There's probably part of the story being left out like the possibility it was a fraudulent receipt, it shows signs of being tampered with. I've seen ones guys have sent back with pieces of concrete embedded into the barrel. Either way, for the 3 guys you're referring to there are hundreds and hundreds that make successful claims with no issue at all. Go by percentages and it's a miniscule amount to the total claims that are filed.

Last edited:

TheRealNatural

Addicted to Softballfans
I sent my bat back already in two pieces. The same way I send all my broken bats back for a warranty claim. My LS bat broke the exact same way all of my bats have broken. In game play. Then I take a couple more cuts in bp to finish the bat off. I don't want there to be a confusion on my return. LS denied my claim saying is wasn't broken in "normal field play". I asked for further explanation and I got nothing. I tried LS out. I broke their bat in about 200 hits. I got burned. I happy to tell anyone playing to stay away from LS.

I have never had an issue with any other bat manufacture with a return in al my years playing ball

You need to be careful drinking all that LS kookaide. Seems like this company doesn't value loyalty or trying to increase their customer base.

TheRealNatural

Addicted to Softballfans
"Either way, for the 3 guys you're referring to there are hundreds and hundreds that make successful claims with no issue at all. Go by percentages and it's a miniscule amount to the total claims that are filed."

This statement is probably true, however the problem for any company is that all 3 of the dissatisfied customers are going to tell everyone they know about and the hundreds of satisfied customers stay silent. This is probably not going away anytime soon even if LS steps up and honors their word.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
I sent my bat back already in two pieces. The same way I send all my broken bats back for a warranty claim. My LS bat broke the exact same way all of my bats have broken. In game play. Then I take a couple more cuts in bp to finish the bat off. I don't want there to be a confusion on my return. LS denied my claim saying is wasn't broken in "normal field play". I asked for further explanation and I got nothing. I tried LS out. I broke their bat in about 200 hits. I got burned. I happy to tell anyone playing to stay away from LS.

I have never had an issue with any other bat manufacture with a return in al my years playing ball

You need to be careful drinking all that LS kookaide. Seems like this company doesn't value loyalty or trying to increase their customer base.

Okay, if that's truly the case I am sincerely sorry. I might even be able to lend you a hand fixing the problem. I am a fiercely loyal person and have been with Louisville for over 5 years now. Through the thick and thin, the ups and downs. It's been a journey to where I have learned alot, at times I have had other companies call and made the decision to stay where I am at. I am not drinking any koolaid and one thing I guarantee you I am not is naive. Things aren't perfect and this situation is a step backward but my hope is it gives up 2 steps forward. If you do the math for this particular situation they are doing customers right, the only drawback is the wait. Like I said, if you truly were unjustly shorted a return that's no bueno but there are thousands of people that file successful claims with no issue at all.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
"Either way, for the 3 guys you're referring to there are hundreds and hundreds that make successful claims with no issue at all. Go by percentages and it's a miniscule amount to the total claims that are filed."

This statement is probably true, however the problem for any company is that all 3 of the dissatisfied customers are going to tell everyone they know about and the hundreds of satisfied customers stay silent. This is probably not going away anytime soon even if LS steps up and honors their word.

That is true, word of mouth is a very strong communication tool. If I personally were making the decisions, things would be done differently but the same. If that makes sense. I honestly feel the Sonic+ deal is a bonus deal for people with broken Catalysts. That was what I would have offered customers and would have politely explained with the abuse going on that's the reason we have to take this route and apologize for the wait. I bet 99% of customers would understand especially since the bats was a new release and included a full warranty to make up for the waiting period. This is NOT a bad deal for people with legitimate receipts from authorized retailers. I think people just took the Warrior and discount off retail pricing portion of the explaination as a slap in the face. It wasn't meant to be, they were just trying to provide you options. By no means was this entire situation handled perfectly but DT was doing what the company felt was correct. This will pass once guys realize it isn't that bad of a deal at all.

country7

Addicted to Softballfans
well i have been with LS since metal days and played on LS sponsored teams, and i have been an absolute loyalist but im done as well. i switched to legits about a month ago and not looking back. i still have a black nexus, ogz1k,cattys i will swing in league but thats it ..i was the ONLY person swinging LS around here for years and i was proud of that but CS just flat sucks..

Smoofz

Manager
Exactly why I almost refrained from commenting. People will claim I'm biased. You're incorrect and have no basis for that allegation. I, in my posts stated several times I don't completely agree with the entire situation. I also stated there was no perfect solution either. All I'm trying to show you close minded, thick skulled guys is that what's being offered isn't the end of the world. It's really not a bad deal at all once you break it down and look at it. Is it THE IDEAL solution, not in everyone's eyes but it is a solution.

Instead of trying to claim I'm defending them cause I'm a rep, instead show me where I'm wrong. Please, by all means. I'm listening.

I've been dealing/trading/selling goods on SBF's for a LONG time. I have a very, very good reputation and would not risk my reputation by defending ANY company that I felt was actually screwing consumers over. Whether I'm a rep or not. I have a LONG list of board members that will vouch my credibility. Please attempt to discredit my explanation of the scenarios again but try using facts this time.

I don't doubt you're a good guy with good credibility. All I mean is that it will be very hard to listen to your opinion without any sort of bias coming through. It's going to come with the nature of being a rep and the fact that your post started with people will assume you're biased which will be on people's minds as they read.

You made some good points but in the end some of us feel really screwed over. I'm not even receiving a bat because mine wasn't broken with "normal field play." I would have been fine with a balanced catalyst but they offered a Z so I accepted it. I'm kinda led to believe that the only reason they're denying people's returns for "normal field play" is because of this whole issue but that's a huge assumption.

I wasn't trying to say you're wrong and you are right about it not being the end of the world. It's just the end of a lot of peoples relationship with LS(or until they forget about it). And in the end this all started because of a problem on LS's end, not ours.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Can anybody confirm if this is just for the red Catty or the yellow too? I've been hitting the yellow lately, just was curious if I'm going to "get burned" with a warrantied Sonic+ return (oh noes! Not that! LS is so mean) or receive a NR yellow Catty if it breaks. I'm sending a Combat Pure back on Tuesday. They're giving me a Derby Boys bat back. I specifically purchased a black bat. I feel it's very unfair of Combat to send me a yellow bat WITH NO WARRANTY. I have a yellow bat already, I expect a black bat back. I printed the receipt out from excel, so it's very official. They better not question it and treat me like a criminal or I'll go back to Reebok and show them. If they want me to send in a credit card statement to prove it's legit, well they can suck it. I don't want them seeing all the porn I bought.