LTB Kids Baseball Big Barrel Bat (2 3/4")

Norman Bedford

Pinky & Da Brain
Looking to buy a bat for my 8 yr old son.

Every kid on the 10/U team he's on is using one of the Big Barrel (2.75") bats,
and he's the only one using a 2.25" bat in their games.

Q: Aside from the obvious (roughly) 20% larger hitting surface, is there any
other major advantage or drawback to the 2.75" bats?

Any 28/18 out there for sale?

Thx,

Norman Bedford

Hammer8

MAFIOSO
Norman I have a 29/20 Demarini Vendetta 2 5/8 that my 8 year old swung last year in 10U.. My son is about 4'3" 65 pounds and it worked great for him on pitching speeds of 45-60 range. I think the 2 3/4 are different drops in weight but might be wrong.. If interested I would let it go for 55.00 shipped bat has maybe 60 swings on it.

Last edited:

wannabeaplayer

Addicted to Softballfans
maybe interested in one of these, checking with the neighbor.

sad story, dad left apparently didn't want to be married anymore and never was much of a dad. mom's parents maybe moving in with them just to keep the house.

the boy is always at our house soaking up everything we do with dd for practice....its been helping he's been playing up in age groups and been selected to two teams for travel weekend tournies.

he's using one of my dd's old mitts and bats that she couldn't use for softball.

like to get him something nicer especially if he makes the 10u travel team.

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
^^^^ Yes I think different drop weights. The more surface area = greater distance and pop. He should definately swing a bigger barrel if he can handle the little bit more endloaded feel. If he could swing -3 drop bats I would send him one for free but they dont let you swing -8 bats in college ha.

Norman Bedford

Pinky & Da Brain
LTB 28/18 for the Offspring

Thanks for the input so far guys... I don't fully get the comment above, but I appreciate all the input.

He's currently swinging a 29"/17oz Easton in a regular barrel (2 1/4").

LOOKING FOR a 28"/18oz, or possibly 29"/18oz in the BIG BARREL (2 3/4").

Thx

Norman Bedford

Last edited:

Gathman_4

Call me Nighthawk
I am saying that if he was a bit older I would give him one of my many. I really took a round about way of saying that sorry.

Norman Bedford

Pinky & Da Brain
Still LTB Big Barrel Kids Bat

I'm still looking for a big barrel (2.75") Baseball bat for my 8 yr old son.

28/18 or a 29/18 would be best fit for him.

lmk if anyone has anything for sale, or knows of where to find a decent deal.

Thanks,

NB