Macro Adjustment

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
How often do you adjust your macro and calorie needs? For example, healthy weight loss is about 1 lb per week. So, after four weeks, you have lost 4 lbs. Is it time to re-evaluate your consumption? Seems like that is too small of an adjustment to really matter but I have been told to make these adjustments after about 4 weeks. Thoughts?

I'm currently on 3540 cals, 245.5p, 122.75f, and the rest of the calories come from a mixture of all three macros. I've been losing weight and body fat, but it has slowed recently and I'm feeling full and like I'm forcing myself to eat my calories. Maybe it's time to adjust?

My goal is really just body recomp. More lean muscle, lower body fat, added strength. At 6'4" & 240, I don't really need any more mass.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Healthy weight loss is about 2-3 pounds per week.

You need to lower your fat, fluctuate the carbs, and I'd even get a little more protein in you.

Once you start a program, stick to it. Be dedicated and don't change things until you really start to plateau.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Healthy weight loss is about 2-3 pounds per week.

You need to lower your fat, fluctuate the carbs, and I'd even get a little more protein in you.

Once you start a program, stick to it. Be dedicated and don't change things until you really start to plateau.

Thank you.

What should I lower it to? I was told .5g/lb is where you want to be for healthy body function, hormone regulation, etc.

Roger that.

If I get too much more protein my wife will kick me out of the bed for my gas at night. :) Seriously, I don't want to give too many more calories to protein as I need the carbs for the racquetball and cycling that I do. Still increase protein? To what level?