Maine

Munson
I thought most of what was NA was sticking together but getting a new name/sponsor? I also hear some of the old NA guys may end up on NA next year as it sounds there will still be a NA next year, just with different people????? Crocker, chime in on this one. We all know you have the inside scoop on everything.

harborhog

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought most of what was NA was sticking together but getting a new name/sponsor? I also hear some of the old NA guys may end up on NA next year as it sounds there will still be a NA next year, just with different people????? Crocker, chime in on this one. We all know you have the inside scoop on everything.

Bob is starting an E team. Only one guy from last years team is playing with them so far, Corey proventure (who only played 3 tournaments, but great player) I assume josh Albee will as well but hadn't heard yet. The core of last years team wanted to stay together but it's probably not going to work out, long story. To travel like we do there needs to be better sponsorship and what we thought was going to be, isn't going to work out.

I can say right now there is only one guy from the mix that has any interest playing E and since our core probably isnt staying together, he'll probably end up with bob. I enjoy the travel and the competition out of Maine so we will see what happens.

huzzdog

retired
E if i have any say you will be playing out of state. you have made yourself into a very good hitter and clearly put the time in and love the game. i'll do what i can to help you advance in softball because i respect that mentality

Munson
It would be a shame to see the entire team go their seperate ways. I really thought you had a good core for strong D team and the makings of a C team possibly since it seemed the DBO was your biggest enemy. That being said I only saw you guys play a handful of times so I may be way off on my assesment.

I wish you luck wherever you end up next year. Hopefully Huzz can get you connected to some teams from southern NE with the same mentality.

harborhog

Addicted to Softballfans
It would be a shame to see the entire team go their seperate ways. I really thought you had a good core for strong D team and the makings of a C team possibly since it seemed the DBO was your biggest enemy. That being said I only saw you guys play a handful of times so I may be way off on my assesment.

I wish you luck wherever you end up next year. Hopefully Huzz can get you connected to some teams from southern NE with the same mentality.

I appreciate it... And we did have a strong team that really relied on the core to do well every weekend. We were constantly cycling through 2-3 players each tournament hence our inconsistency though out the year. One weekend we beat checking and the next go 2-2 at nationals. Unfortunately it seems impossible to find 10-11 guys that are committed to the travel and have the money to do so. The sponsor part would have brought it to the next level so the committed guys weren't getting screwed by the uncommitted players.

I too think its a shame, but hope that down the road we can all play together again.

harborhog

Addicted to Softballfans
Could be a few more big name free agents ending up there. A few may hop ship as well, this could be an interesting off season.....from what I hear anyway.

Yeah I think Maine has it a point again where certain teams will be coming together.. What is #42 doing!?

Munson
I hear Mr. Hits is staying with the team formerly known as Rover. I think most are staying but a few are departing for NA last I heard.

harborhog

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear Mr. Hits is staying with the team formerly known as Rover. I think most are staying but a few are departing for NA last I heard.

Yea justin and Shane are playing there, supposedly Holbrook but I don't think bob should hold his breath on that one.

Munson
I think Holbrook could go this year. I think he can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the Grids team as our core is a year or two away from being all done. He may want to get a jump start on finding a new home for years to come.

The hard question to answer is....who, if anyone, goes with him?????

huzzdog

retired
if i was a young player.. i'd want a vet who can lead a team and i'd go with extreme. they need some leadership but they have some talented kids who can play the game and love it. they will be around a while

Newtothegame

Not looking for a team
if i was a young player.. i'd want a vet who can lead a team and i'd go with extreme. they need some leadership but they have some talented kids who can play the game and love it. they will be around a while

Those kids are good. Played them a few times this year. I agree, a vet or 2 could help them a lot with the mental part of the game.

Not saying they aren't smart, there is just something a guy that has played and seen it all brings to a team.

Jethro

Addicted to Softballfans
Posted on 11/18/2013 at 06:51:59 PM by JHick92

The courtesy foul was just voted out for 2014 at the USSSA National Convention

saw this on the new england board..... posted by utrip mass state director!!!