Major Leaguers suck at softball

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Watching the celebrity softball game,Tori Hunter struck out swinging after swinging and missing the first strike as well and Andre Dawson just took an infield fly ball off his head.

jhitman

I agree most of them looked like they had never played organized ball before. I felt embarrassed for Andre Dawson. You would have thought he had never stepped foot on a field before.

Guys not taking it serious. Thinking they can step into a softball game and just mash cuz they're ex MLBer's. We live for this S***! We die for this S***! That's like a Flag football guy thinking he can play tackle cuz no one ever ripped his flagged off.

jhitman

Guys not taking it serious. Thinking they can step into a softball game and just mash cuz they're ex MLBer's. We live for this S***! We die for this S***! That's like a Flag football guy thinking he can play tackle cuz no one ever ripped his flagged off.

I agree as I don't think they should be able to mash, but strikeout and have a pop up hit you in the head is totally embarrassing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That should mash. I've seen Dawson hit it out I believe. Several old guys. Hunter should still be athletic enough to.

Stretch19

Grow up
the progression of torii striking out, jamie fox ridding him on the hennsey on tv and the hawk getting smash in the dome was truly must see tv though

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Years back, I worked a game between Pete Rose's team and Michael Bolten's teams. Rose had Larry Bowa, Doug Flynn, John Vukovich, Kevin Stocker and a few Super players. Supposedly Curt Shilling was a no show, but I don't believe there was any public mention of that. John Vukovich stepped up to the plate, took three swings that weren't even close and then left the game. :) Doug Flynn was the best of the pro's since he had actually played at the major and super level of softball

trippy1313

Starting Player
Dang I forgot about the celebrity softball game. I get a kick out of how ridiculous they are some years. Lol. Do they still have it set like a 250' fence? I remember Rickey Henderson hitting it over and whoever was in the outfield diving over the net and still being 10 feet short of catching it.

Dan411

Star Player
Dang I forgot about the celebrity softball game. I get a kick out of how ridiculous they are some years. Lol. Do they still have it set like a 250' fence? I remember Rickey Henderson hitting it over and whoever was in the outfield diving over the net and still being 10 feet short of catching it.
Those fences are awfully short. It's hard to tell in center, but some of the fields they have played on over the years have been 310-320 down the lines, and those temporary fences were waaaaay far from the stadium fences. But then again, it's for fun, and people want to see dingers.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Yea the top major players, well most was only minor league players so just think if a MLB player took the time to play softball like they do for baseball they would be kinda good i would bet.