Matt Kemp

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
Early selection for MVP! Anyone care to agree or disagree? He is having a great season at this point.

BB15

Ape Raids
Well, just like people in the Pujols thread like to point out, it is only May. I don't see how he wouldn't be the early favorite though. Dude is on another planet right now.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Was last year a contract year for him? Is having opposite the big contract signing year?

Actually no, this would've been the last year of his contract. But he told the Dodgers he wouldn't discuss anything once the 2012 season starts so they made sure to sign him to an extension and rework his contract last offseason.

e-dub

he won't get the 50 steals. he'll prob hit 45 jacks. he's carrying the dodgers right now. great player to build the franchise around along with kershaw.

e-dub

Has anyone mentioned how he was ****ed out of the MVP award last year?

yeah he got hosed out of the MVP award last year. this coming from a guy who thinks braun is a great player, but kemp had the better numbers. hope kemp can maintain his great start and get the MVP award this year.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
You should have gotten the MVP last year. He was the better player regardless of what team he was on. If the season ended today he would hands down win MVP.

hatemail

Starting Player
no doubt kemp is str8 fire right now...but, baseball is a humbling game of numbers and averages.....sooner or later everyone goes into the dumpster just long enough for the field to catchup....

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Offensive numbers can drastically change from one year to the next, I get that. But defensively, Kemp used to be a turd. Was he just lazy before or did he start practicing?

He's hitting .411 and has an OPS of 1.356 which is not sustainable. His BABIP nearly peaked at .500. It's crazy.

He's MVP as of today, but there are still over 130 games to go.

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
Great pedigree, father and son may pass the Bonds for total HRs someday.

SteveKemp1981Toppshires1.jpg

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Offensive numbers can drastically change from one year to the next, I get that. But defensively, Kemp used to be a turd. Was he just lazy before or did he start practicing?

I really don't think he's all that great defensively. He seems to get bad jumps on balls. He also could have prevented the walkoff in Milwaukee if he had gotten into better position to throw the ball.

hatemail

Starting Player
I really don't think he's all that great defensively. He seems to get bad jumps on balls. He also could have prevented the walkoff in Milwaukee if he had gotten into better position to throw the ball.

i agree with this statement but if i were picking a team hed be my 1st position player

tippin20s

I'm an Angels fan, but Kemp is on straight fire right now. I'd like to say he's on roids, cuz dude is on another level.

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
Awesome numbers this early season. He got screwed last season because of who he played for. Can't keep it from him this year.

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
Leading the majors in BA and up until hamiltons 4 homers, he was leading the majors in that category as well. Great start of the season so far and the dodgers also have the best record in the league so he could be on his way to MVP easily if both him and the dodger blue keep it up

Marshenko

Leading the majors in BA and up until hamiltons 4 homers, he was leading the majors in that category as well. Great start of the season so far and the dodgers also have the best record in the league so he could be on his way to MVP easily if both him and the dodger blue keep it up

Well... Hamilton is leading the majors in BA now too... and HR and RBI...