McDoublernaut & 2014 Juggy

azsoftball

Whatever
How many swings is needed on the CL22 ASA before it is "game" ready??? 100-200 or 200-300 hits???

About 85 hits and finally open up.

IMO

CL22ASA > J3a

I have the OG aftermath and its on fire. No way I am going to let go of those 2 bats. J3A is a great bat but got more flex than aftermath or Cluggy.

mrbtjohns

Addicted to Softballfans
Cool... Well I have some swinging to do... I put 25 swings on it this weekend, and I'm liking it so far...

The price is steep, but for the durability the cl22asa has over the 14' juggy, the price is right! Fire stick with 100 swings, can't wait to see this with 300+ swings...

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
image-1.jpg

50 swings with a variety of balls from 52/300 to 650's. It's a 28oz.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
The price is steep, but for the durability the cl22asa has over the 14' juggy, the price is right! Fire stick with 100 swings, can't wait to see this with 300+ swings...

How do u know the durability? That's just mere speculation

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
guys HAVE to know better than to hit 650s with these new bats. i can understand hitting 44/375s still, but nothing harder.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
guys HAVE to know better than to hit 650s with these new bats. i can understand hitting 44/375s still, but nothing harder.

Wasn't my bat. I was pitching and he asked for the 650's. He only hit 4 of them but it was enough to get a paint crack. Other than that the bat has lived up to the hype and then some. My 26oz is still crack free with about 100 hits on it with 44/375 and 52/300. I would say it is my new gamer but my future hit a whole new level today and I will be swinging that for the time being.

image-1.jpg

50 swings with a variety of balls from 52/300 to 650's. It's a 28oz.

Yea, anything higher than the 44/375's will crack these asa only bats. That seems to be not only the popular belief, but pretty well experienced. Also, some batches produce defective bats, it's common in most lines of bats.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
My 2014 Juggy got a 3'' paint crack at about swing 60 with 44/375 in almost 80 degrees. Put packing tape over it and been swinging away with it on stadium balls in 80 degree weather. Bat is holding up fine as paint crack has not changed. Hard to keep in bag its so fun to hit. Not as hot as my J3A or gamer Cf4's but already passed my 1000 hit 100h and utrip salvo.

sober0014

Addicted to Softballfans
pasquales2 is a local buddy of mine. we had like 10 guys out hitting bp last thurs between my team and his team. he had the cluggy and let some of us take bp with hit. it has as good or better distance then our j3a (cracked and replaced with '14 aftermath) and mercy. guys liked it so much i bought one thurs night. we had a preseason tourney on sunday and prayed for a miracle for it to arrive early. well, it did sorta. pasquales2 had another cluggy niw that he gave me for the tourney. it was chilly, but the bat was hottttt! we finished 3rd outta 18 teams. all 10 of us swung it at one time or another during the tourney. 7 of 10 guys used it through out. we hit many, many bombs hit with it. myself another guy still swung the mercy and two other guys primarily swung the srvb4 & og recoil. the cluggy is getting much love. my cluggy arrived yesterday and is now safely in the hands of pasquales2. thanks, my man!

Last edited:

sober0014

Addicted to Softballfans
almost forgot. my '14 mercy arrived yesterday too. damn snow on the way today-wtf. supposed to warm up this weekend so we can get out and swing her. will compare it to the '13 mercy, cluggy and maybe just maybe the '14 aftermath if it gets warm enough. will probably need to wait a few more weeks for the '14 since it's a no return.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Since i have multiples of these im thinking of just keep bp'ing the one i've been hitting to test the durability.. 700ish swings so far and still holding up, 44s , 52s and i admit i did hit about 5-7 650 launches with it at the beginning.

Bat has quite a bit of webbing in the barrel and IMO its a absolute rocket launcher

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I was told April 10th is when a 28oz would be available as a return for the cracked one my buddy has.