Medicine Ball

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
I requested and received a medicine ball for Father's Day. It seemed like something I wanted to add to the exercises that I do. It uses needle inflation like a basket ball or football. My question is ... how much to inflate? This is new to me and there was no direction in the docs that came with the ball. I know that it shouldn't be like a basketball.

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
it is a 12 lb medicine ball and has an air inflation hole like a basketball ... some medicine balls are designed to bounce to a degree ... my question was ... to what degree

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
Some medicine balls have an inner half sphere of dense material in varying thicknesses and seamed together with an outer rubber shell. Other medicine balls have a thin rubber bladder covered by a thick rubber outer surface. Medicine balls that are constructed with an inner rubber bladder and rubber outer surface incorporate an air valve to pump up the ball and increase the bounce. The outer rubber surface has indented designs for easy handling. Over time the rubber surface may wear down if the medicine ball has been used on rough surfaces.

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
<<Is there any markings near the inflation point like on a basketball usually has >>

L293 & Made in China

<<What brand medicine ball is it Goater >>

Bodyfit ... a Sports Authority brand

Goater

Addicted to Softballfans
wcoast ... thanks for looking out for me

here is what I'm talking about ...

I expected to find more medicine ball types on this forum ... not that I'm the type but I was hoping for someone to say ... just do this as a result of their experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
Yeah I had one of those. Just inflate to your liking. I hated the lack of "instruction" that came with it.

wcoastsoftball

Ultimately for wall throws and slams from a box I like the ball to be slightly inflated. About where that guy in the video has. For slams like he was doing I prefer balls that don't bounce at all.