Mens league Fast pitch bat

Gatsby191

Part Time Player
Hello all,
This is yet another attempt to find a bat(s) that I know is out there, but proving to be extemely difficult to find. Any and all manufacturers that offer a bat(s) designated as a fast pitch bat with the ASA stamp on them, that are 34 inches in length and weigh 27 ounces. Am also looking for the same thing in a bat(s) with a weight of 28 ounces if there are any out there currently being made or have been made in the last 5-10 years with the ASA stamp on them(2004). Thank you in advance for any help that can be given on finding these bats. Joe B. (Warwick, NY)

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Out of curiosity, what association are you looking to play?

ASA does allow men's fast pitch to use the 2013-stamped bats.

Gatsby191

Part Time Player
Out of curiosity, what association are you looking to play?

ASA does allow men's fast pitch to use the 2013-stamped bats.
, as long as they had the ASA

Our league is an ASA league. Yes, I know that ASA allows the use of bats with the 2013 stamp on them. But, as I had mentioned towards the end of my post, I would even consider Fastpitch bats as old as 5-10 years, as long as they carried the ASA stamp. And I believe that bats, that old, had the 2004 ASA stamp on them if they were ASA approved. Joe B.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I have never seen a bat marketed as fastpitch with any weight over 26oz. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I've just never seen one. I think if you want a 27 or 28, you'll need to look a bat marketed towards slowpitch.

ASA does not differentiate between fastpitch and slowpitch bats. Does your league require it to be a 'fastpitch' bat?

Gatsby191

Part Time Player
I have never seen a bat marketed as fastpitch with any weight over 26oz. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I've just never seen one. I think if you want a 27 or 28, you'll need to look a bat marketed towards slowpitch.

ASA does not differentiate between fastpitch and slowpitch bats. Does your league require it to be a 'fastpitch' bat?

yes, our league does require that bats be 'fastpitch' bats.

birdman12

Addicted to Softballfans
I think rip-it labeled fastpitch bats up to 28oz, but it has been a while. I think combat did also, but I may be mistaken.

SMFCLAN

MAY I COME IN
Asa marked fastpitch bat

i have never seen a bat marketed as fastpitch with any weight over 26oz. Doesn't mean they don't exist, i've just never seen one. I think if you want a 27 or 28, you'll need to look a bat marketed towards slowpitch.

Asa does not differentiate between fastpitch and slowpitch bats. Does your league require it to be a 'fastpitch' bat?

the asa marked ``fastpitch`` bat that came in weights over 26 oz was the rip it elite fast pitch bat which was all yellow with green writing on it.... It was made by combat and had the typical combat soft feel to it ... I still own a 28 ozer ...

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I know this is an older post but if you are looking I have a 2005 Anderson RocketTech Fastpitch, 34 inch drop 9 (actual weight of bat is 27.48 ounces). Bat is in amazing shape with a few performance waves, ASA 2004 stamp still clearly visible.
JJ

Doug

Old and Grumpy
There was a Mizuno Techfire fastpitch MZC-5 labeled 34/25 that was actually very close to a 27oz Rage painted white. When I played fastpitch I used a 28oz Mizuno Rage and also a TPS SB27 XXL 28oz. But I think the bat you're looking for is the Demarini Vexxum fastpitch DXVFB, which was marketed several years back specifically for men's fastpitch (a tiny market at best). There is one on that auction site right now, ironically it's listed in the slowpitch section.

Last edited:

MaverickAH

There was a Mizuno Techfire fastpitch MZC-5 labeled 34/25 that was actually very close to a 27oz Rage painted white. When I played fastpitch I used a 28oz Mizuno Rage and also a TPS SB27 XXL 28oz. But I think the bat you're looking for is the Demarini Vexxum fastpitch DXVFB, which was marketed several years back specifically for men's fastpitch (a tiny market at best). There is one on that auction site right now, ironically it's listed in the slowpitch section.

You'd be correct on the Demarini Vexxum. They actually say "Mens Fastpitch "on them & have a used 27oz packed away. Extremely balanced. They also made FP F2's up to 26oz & I think that I also have one of those as well. I know that I have a couple of EVO's & a FP Rockettech all marked as 25oz. FPRT's are notoriously known for weighing more than spec.

For the most part, guys just use slow pitch bats when playing FP. Just be sure to get a balanced model.

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
Combat had a B1 fastpitch (looks just like the slowpitch B1) that came in weights up to 30oz I believe I have a cracked 28oz SMOKE

99% of fastpitch models have a ceiling of 34/24 drop 10 (-10 oz.)

I would get a SRV4B 24 oz. asa fp if i were u.

If it was me id use my 24 oz 17 in barrel easton CXN st110b :)

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Lisa Fernandez Schutt, they technically made them 34/25, but I have some players models that are 34/27