Mercy VS J3A review

dgambill85

Banned User
Fair enough, but u called em a log. WRONG! Reap2's were and still are the best ASA bat legal for use!

Sure the new bats may be hotter out the gate, but Reapers get nasty in no time, and dont snap after 50 swings!!!

That's a big negative about the hottest legal Asa bat ever. My og j2 will blow most bats out there right now.

JUCE22

There's No I In Team JUCE
I'm not into hyping up bats.....with that said we had our first games of the season today , the mercy is the truth ......it got called out numerous times .....nice crisp line drives all day .....people were slap hitting doubles .....all you heard was "check the green bat , it must be shaved"

MERCY= THE TRUTH

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Fair enough, but u called em a log. WRONG! Reap2's were and still are the best ASA bat legal for use!

Sure the new bats may be hotter out the gate, but Reapers get nasty in no time, and dont snap after 50 swings!!!

I had one NOW basiclly guy said it had 20-25 swings and it was very loggish till about 4-500 swings it then started pounding the ball real nice. I have about 350 swings on mine and no sign of dying no webbing no chipping if i gave it a bath it would look good as new.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I'm not into hyping up bats.....with that said we had our first games of the season today , the mercy is the truth ......it got called out numerous times .....nice crisp line drives all day .....people were slap hitting doubles .....all you heard was "check the green bat , it must be shaved"

MERCY= THE TRUTH

So you're saying the mercy got called out bcus of crisp line drives and dbl's , lol......oooookkkkkk

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Some bats just fit certain people The J3A suits me very well i hit it and the RD28 very well. The Mercy is a great bat but it swings like wiffle ball bat to me but if you have swung one you cant deny they are very hot out the wrapper. I found myself popping in up a lot but when i got it i was very impressed for just taking the wrapper off her. SOME will feel its the hottest bat ever some will say the ogs are better some will just troll about but the truth is you swing what works for you. For me the J3A is a great bat but for others it might not be..... Gotta know how to juggy.

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
Some bats just fit certain people The J3A suits me very well i hit it and the RD28 very well. The Mercy is a great bat but it swings like wiffle ball bat to me but if you have swung one you cant deny they are very hot out the wrapper. I found myself popping in up a lot but when i got it i was very impressed for just taking the wrapper off her. SOME will feel its the hottest bat ever some will say the ogs are better some will just troll about but the truth is you swing what works for you. For me the J3A is a great bat but for others it might not be..... Gotta know how to juggy.

Agree with you 100%

JUCE22

There's No I In Team JUCE
So you're saying the mercy got called out bcus of crisp line drives and dbl's , lol......oooookkkkkk
No like guys were slapping at the ball and hitting lasers ....there were
A few shots with it but we play on fields without fences... So when guys play extremely deep usual home runs or balls over people's heads turn into doubles ...but thanks for your comment smart a$$

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
No like guys were slapping at the ball and hitting lasers ....there were
A few shots with it but we play on fields without fences... So when guys play extremely deep usual home runs or balls over people's heads turn into doubles ...but thanks for your comment smart a$$

you're allowed to say ass, just fyi

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Your ****ed then cause you just bought mine and it has a green handle..... We should start that rumor and see how far we can jack up the prices on the white handle ones.

Pics of different handles please!!!!

zanderson59

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a big negative about the hottest legal Asa bat ever. My og j2 will blow most bats out there right now.

Ill back this comment anyday of the week. My OG j2a is flat out SICK!!! there were alot of times last yr during utrip tourny that i had to pull out the "ASA" stick when a Bomb was needed. :D

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Ok I think I found: green:
MERCY_zpsaa100080.jpg

white:
2013_DeMarini_Mercy.JPG

right?

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Ill back this comment anyday of the week. My OG j2a is flat out SICK!!! there were alot of times last yr during utrip tourny that i had to pull out the "ASA" stick when a Bomb was needed. :D

Bah..... A broken in Reaper REAP2 will outhit a j2a any day......

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked up a Mercy. Its says Women's softball all over it. I can only imagine the **** I am going to get for for swinging this in my ASA league. Better be hot!

kroc

Manager
I picked up a Mercy. Its says Women's softball all over it. I can only imagine the **** I am going to get for for swinging this in my ASA league. Better be hot!

Even if Mercy said "MUST HAVE VAGINA TO SWING THIS" in bold hot pink letters on barrel, you would still want to swing it. Bat is flat out ridiculous.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
The J2A is great bat but ut it's not hanging with a reapwhen both are broken in. I've had several of both and even 30ozthe J2's which are more to my liking but they still didn't outperform the reap.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Fact ^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are absolutely no facts here... All these are opinions nothing more. so this reap2 is better than that or J2 is better than this is opinion. I put this up as my opinion and everyone has a right to have one but there are no FACTS here. I bpd last night and i have never got the distance out of the RD28, Extended, or REAP2 that i have been getting out of the J3A but every bat fits everyone different.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Which bat has the stiffer feel? Mercy or J3A?

To make an informed decision on what bat is better you would actually have to swing all these bats to even have an opinion.... You my friend with your question above obviously havent even swung them cause you wouldnt be asking this question if you had.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Agreed, its all based on opinion.... Ive owned Reap2s and IMO they are not even close to a OG flex or extended, actually in my eyes the reap2 is a middle of the road bat not a "Top" tier bat... I had a Reap2 that was webbed to hell and my OG flex made it look like it was a wood bat.... performance wasnt even close. Again its all preference, but the Reap2 cant even be put in the same sentence as the J3 and mercy and expect a serious response... J3 is far better hands down

Only people that say the Reap2 is the "best ASA bat" are the people that own them and dont want to admit they over paid for a bat that a SSR2 would out perform at half the price

Last edited:

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Agreed, its all based on opinion.... Ive owned Reap2s and IMO they are not even close to a OG flex or extended, actually in my eyes the reap2 is a middle of the road bat not a "Top" tier bat... I had a Reap2 that was webbed to hell and my OG flex made it look like it was a wood bat.... performance wasnt even close. Again its all preference, but the Reap2 cant even be put in the same sentence as the J3 and mercy and expect a serious response... J3 is far better hands down

Only people that say the Reap2 is the "best ASA bat" are the people that own them and dont want to admit they over paid for a bat that a SSR2 would out perform at half the price

Ive owned both scn3's and scx3's and Reapers outhit both of them. Not taking away from the Flex and Extendeds (great bats also) but the Reaper Reap2's beat em hands down. It's fine for you not to like Reapers, but you are most certainly in the minority bro.