Middleton (WI) snowball tourney

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Its that time of year again. Putting together the team for the Middleton snowball tourney on Jan 18-19th. Would like to get this all squared away this week so we aren't scrambling for guys at the last minute. I will try to get a running list going of those that said they would play. Please post here if you are interested and able to play. Thanks

Shawn (bdclubber)
Ben (Toad1)
Bart
Benny (kweez)
Blue
Kevin Kittleson
Kevin Hesser +2
Corey Hesser
Nick (WarHorse)

Last edited:

WarHorse

Star Player
I won't know availability for another week or so, Jan is work travel month for me. chedched was interested.

Kweez

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep. I believe his screen name is Cwyley. He posted about being interested in the BP thread a while back. Ill see if i can find it.

Toad_1

I can't hit
Well, looks like we're slowly making our way to a full roster. I'm sure Shawn would appreciate a 12 man roster, allowing for a DH. :D

Let me know if anyone needs a place to crash. I live in Stoughton and would be willing to help out anyone in need.

Not too far off now... A couple more weeks.

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Let me know as soon as you can. We would love to have you play if you're available. Its just a fun tourney to play in, especially if we can get another foot of snow on the ground by then :D

WarHorse

Star Player
Let me know as soon as you can. We would love to have you play if you're available. Its just a fun tourney to play in, especially if we can get another foot of snow on the ground by then :D

Yeah I've played in one snow tourny and loved it. Hard to move with all of the layers though, felt like this kid most of the day.
They're calling for rain tomorrow, and 40 degrees sunday, so the fields might just be a giant puddle of slop.

Randy-Snow-Suit-A-Christmas-Story-2.jpg

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
This tourney has been going on for 30 some years I think, and they usually get close to 40 teams. Short fences and unlimited homeruns

Toad_1

I can't hit
Fields are roughly 225' down the lines and 250' to dead center.

I've yet to play a snowball tourney at this ball complex where the field conditions have been the same. Every year it's different. Heck, Sunday can be totally different than Saturday. Hour by hour things have changed in the past. Kind of a wait and see and play in whatever conditions.

Best thing... Now matter what, you're going to look like a fool at some point while playing. Sometimes it isn't pretty. A good time though. Even better when great people are teammates. :thumb:

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
This tournament is different then the one in Marshall right? Weird they schedule them the same weekend.

If it came down to it and you guys needed somebody for a game Before noon either day I might be down for it. work @ 2 in Beloit tho

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes it is definitely a different tournament than the one in Marshal. I dont know why they would try and compete with the biggest and greatest snowball tourney in the state.

WarHorse

Star Player
Fields are roughly 225' down the lines and 250' to dead center.

I've yet to play a snowball tourney at this ball complex where the field conditions have been the same. Every year it's different. Heck, Sunday can be totally different than Saturday. Hour by hour things have changed in the past. Kind of a wait and see and play in whatever conditions.

Best thing... Now matter what, you're going to look like a fool at some point while playing. Sometimes it isn't pretty. A good time though. Even better when great people are teammates. :thumb:

They're high fences though, so add another 10 feet to that distance. It's not hard to hit out here, and with the weather being cold as ****, that ball is going to fly.

chedched

Coach
I am in a fishing tournament on the 18th. Is this a two day tourney? I'd love to play but I have a friend coming from 3 hours away to fish with.

If you need a guy for Sunday let me know...

Last edited:

WarHorse

Star Player
Hey guys, I'm free of work next weekend. If you still want or need me let me know.
What's entrance fee?

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
my first time playin cant wait! im already on a team tho! good luck guys an see ya there! whats ur team name?