Miken Needs To STOP....

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
Burning "W" into the endcaps of their warranty replacement bats. I have seen quite a few of them this year where the endcap cracked and split and it originated from where the "W" was burned in. It is obviously causing a weakspot in the endcap and some end up splitting.

Either etch the taper, store the serial number or something else that doesn't cause the bat to be useless about the time it gets good and broken in.

clemsonhitters

Bring back my bike *****
i hear you 100% bro.. why cant they just etch the handle NO RETURN? or like u said put no warranty on the taper or replacement.. something outside of that W

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
Not bashing on the performance of Miken bats because they make some good ones, but something as simple as not burning the endcap could prevent alot of headaches.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
if they would just change that damn W for an M all these issues would go away ...

rightsideswine

Banned User
They switched to etched serial numbers why not etch warranty return also

Im pretty sure the factory and returns dept are two different places. The serials are probably etched during the manufacturing process and they just send bats to the returns dept that probably burns the W as needed...basically they would have to manufacturer specific NR bats if they were to etch it in...never had a issue with the caps though, ill try hitting off them more to test their durability and get back to the thread.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
Worth etches the Replacement in the bat and that works just fine. I personally have a MV3 at my house where the cap is splitting and it has not been hit off the endcap. I also have a Psycho that is doing the same thing....

From what I have noticed it more commonly affects the 26 and 27 oz bats as their endcaps are thinner due to the smaller endloads. I believe the heat of melting the endcap makes it brittle and some eventually crack all the way through.

The Devious 1

Aloha, Mr. Hand.
i hear you 100% bro.. why cant they just etch the handle NO RETURN? or like u said put no warranty on the taper or replacement.. something outside of that W
C'mon man. You wanna make it harder for the people who switch off the endcaps and make the bats returnable......lol :p:D

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Im pretty sure the factory and returns dept are two different places. The serials are probably etched during the manufacturing process and they just send bats to the returns dept that probably burns the W as needed...basically they would have to manufacturer specific NR bats if they were to etch it in.

Or...... They could buy a machine for the warranty dept. I'm sure they can spare a few bucks here and there

nvous12

Manager
Miken/Worth/Rawlings all owned by the same company. If worth can do it miken should be able to as well! Never knew this until i returned a worth bat and got a call back but the caller I.D. said miken.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken/Worth/Rawlings all owned by the same company. If worth can do it miken should be able to as well! Never knew this until i returned a worth bat and got a call back but the caller I.D. said miken.

At the local Rawlings Outlet Store they sell Miken, Worth and Rawlings of course.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It

Yep it's been that way for a long time.