Military Intramurals... is your SB program getting the Axe?

Bama13nc

The Veteran
At Great Lakes the season has been limited to only 190 games total, including any playoffs. May end up being single elimination for the top 6 teams. Luckily we have a artificial field so saving money on field maintenance. Still working the ump issue. The mat idea sounds good, will have to pitch it to our sports director and see if he will go for it.

demex69

Addicted to Softballfans
Okay here is an update, with more to follow.......

The dates are 11-12 May on Fort Hood, Texas at the Rodney Evans Softball Complex. This is a lighted four field complex.....fields are 300', with 10' high fences. Right now its a Qualifier, but I'm in talks to make it a Military State tourney allowing for more points being awarded to teams going to worlds. Mens Varsity A, B, and Intramural will be offered. Will be a military state tourney.....will be on USSSA website this week.

Entry fee will be $275 per team with umps included in that price, and here is the pkg

1st Place- paid entry to the 2013 USSSA Military World Tourney, 12 Louisville Slugger Roller bags, 12 Tshirts

2nd Place- 12 Tshirts

3rd Place- 12 Tshirts

4th Place- 12 Tshirts

Offensive MVP-2013 USSSA New Stamped Bat
Defensive MVP-Fielding Glove

Paid entry for 1st place is based on minimum of (8) teams entered!!!

The tourney will be posted on the USSSA website by next week with all contact info as well.

There will also be a HR Derby with bat being given away to the winner......So come on out have a good time and win paid entry to 2013 Military Worlds.

For more info, feel free to contact any of the following Team Hood/Louisville Slugger members.......Miles-915 861-2333, Rick-804 490-3521, or Glenn 254 702-5610

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
From 2006 - 2012 = ZERO at Moody so I expect the same at Whiteman, but we'll see :cool:

Wrong sir...I know of at least one b/c it was my fault that he got hurt but it could have happened at a tournament or downtown league ball too.

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
As of right now, Nellis is having a season...and they are re-doing the fields as well....

Nellis AFB season was just cancelled...We are going to be offer a single elimination 1-pitch tournament. I am trying to get the director to let volunteers umpire, so we can have a season...

I also asked if teams where able to pay for play on base and he said no. He stated since it is NAF funded we are unable to pay for play. I told him that it doesn't sound like we have funding anymore, so does it still consider to be a NAF funded event? Haven't heard anything back.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Okay here is an update, with more to follow.......

The dates are 11-12 May on Fort Hood, Texas at the Rodney Evans Softball Complex. This is a lighted four field complex.....fields are 300', with 10' high fences. Right now its a Qualifier, but I'm in talks to make it a Military State tourney allowing for more points being awarded to teams going to worlds. Mens Varsity A, B, and Intramural will be offered. Will be a military state tourney.....will be on USSSA website this week.

Entry fee will be $275 per team with umps included in that price, and here is the pkg

1st Place- paid entry to the 2013 USSSA Military World Tourney, 12 Louisville Slugger Roller bags, 12 Tshirts

2nd Place- 12 Tshirts

3rd Place- 12 Tshirts

4th Place- 12 Tshirts

Offensive MVP-2013 USSSA New Stamped Bat
Defensive MVP-Fielding Glove

Paid entry for 1st place is based on minimum of (8) teams entered!!!

The tourney will be posted on the USSSA website by next week with all contact info as well.

There will also be a HR Derby with bat being given away to the winner......So come on out have a good time and win paid entry to 2013 Military Worlds.

For more info, feel free to contact any of the following Team Hood/Louisville Slugger members.......Miles-915 861-2333, Rick-804 490-3521, or Glenn 254 702-5610

Hopefully Holloman can make the trip. I just put it on our team page to see what the consensus is.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
From 2006 - 2012 = ZERO at Moody so I expect the same at Whiteman, but we'll see :cool:

CORRECTION...1 was injured :rolleyes:

B, were you hitting or pitching?

The level of play around here is pretty low and it is co-ed-ish (1 program vs separate mens and womens) so I can't imagine ASA rules with Utrip sticks and 44/375's not injuring someone. As a matter of fact, even with the new ASA bats, if they stick with 44/375's I guess there isn't much of a difference.

JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is having a season this year....but it will be condensed to 1 team per Squadron/Unit, 1 umpire per game including play-offs and looking like play-offs will be single-elim vs double-elim.

They just built brand new fields.....and sounds like they won't even be used :rolleyes:

chiefn10

Addicted to Softballfans
Norfolk, Oceana, and Portsmouth still have their base leagues, but from what i hear, Little Creek cant afford to pay for their umpires.

We are still having a season out in Sasebo, Japan. Most of the tournaments are out and they have limited the use of lights to games only.
At first I was annoyed by not having lights at night for practice but after reading about the cuts everyone is posting about, no lights in not that bad.

bashbro24

Back in the game
Hood is still having our leagues. Its good for them young soldier who are trying to start playing the game. There is a lot of hidden talent the no ones knows about that you will find during these league even though the talent level is very low overall.

FlexinInTheBox

Addicted to Softballfans
We are having our season at SUBASE in Groton. Lost opening one pitch tournament and home run derby. Players are talking about entry fees for the derby to subsidize cost.

knooch21

ancient chinese secret
Sports program funding got whacked @ WPAFB...pay for play softball is $450/team. The guy said he needs 55 teams @ that price to break even. So, I don't know what happens if he doesn't get 55 teams

Whoa that's a lot of money to break even. Travis is still playing ball this year, but the fields are a joke and I think the refs may be volunteers cuz they could care less about the game.

herc11

Addicted to Softballfans
As far as I know, Dover's season is still a "go". Ill be keeping my fingers crossed after hearing about all these cuts!

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Sports program funding got whacked @ WPAFB...pay for play softball is $450/team. The guy said he needs 55 teams @ that price to break even. So, I don't know what happens if he doesn't get 55 teams

Holy Crap!!! You guys have a field of dreams type playing fields or what?!?!?! I think last year we paid for umps, but that was it. Correct me if I'm wrong b#7...can't remember. I think it was like $260 something a team to provide 2 umps per game and we only had about 12-14 teams.

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Also Whiteman is having softball and we just voted to allow ASA & Utrip bats this year. Of course we'll be hitting 44/375 Tattoos' that were left in outdoor storage.

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Holy Crap!!! You guys have a field of dreams type playing fields or what?!?!?! I think last year we paid for umps, but that was it. Correct me if I'm wrong b#7...can't remember. I think it was like $260 something a team to provide 2 umps per game and we only had about 12-14 teams.

I don't know what it was last year I didn't play intramurals but it's $160 per team this year to play and it's to pay the umpires. I think we have 14 teams this year. Which breaks down to almost $10 a game.

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
Hey BHicks, can you get me the information on how Moody is getting away with teams able to pay umpires. I have asked that question here (Nellis) and they are not allowing teams to pay for umpires. We can't even do fundraisers to raise money for umpires.

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Hey BHicks, can you get me the information on how Moody is getting away with teams able to pay umpires. I have asked that question here (Nellis) and they are not allowing teams to pay for umpires. We can't even do fundraisers to raise money for umpires.

I'll ask the question to our coach and get back with ya Craig.