Military Worlds/ Utrip Major World Series

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
I understand that you could not take the whole team, but is it right that we deviate from the original rules. Why just the scraps? Why not ask the guys that were all tourney last year? I just think its wrong that the rosters were supposed to be frozen unless an injury occurs and now we are changing again after something goes wrong and it benefits one side. Why accept the bid if you knew you couldnt go? Why not go down the list and ask other teams if they could rep instead of combining?

Love you Gary!!!!

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Surveyed the talent. ... that's funny. ... didn't survey to far because there are several ball players that could help you go 2 and Q... lol

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
Love ya to bro. Have to bust ball's today[/QUOTE

and I know this....MMMMMAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!! Every "A" team has talent on it. We opted to stay w/in the WSC fam. Its all good. GI will represent w/class as always...and as far as the tourney is concerned....GI would have been 6-0 and crowned champs! ITS MY STORY AND IM STICKING TO IT!!!

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
You would not have won your pool, much less the tournament. Just saying fella.....

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
We (GI) surveyed the talent across all the teams and took the guys we felt would help us win...and they just mostly happened to be in the WSC fam. Myers x 2, Tre, Q, B. Gooding, Trenton, Watkins etc etc. Bottom line....its nobodies business really. If everyone wants a say in what happens...put your team together BEFORE worlds and try to earn some points. Either way, GI was walking trough that tourney....BOOM! hahahahahahahahaha

:rolleyes:

You would not have won your pool, much less the tournament. Just saying fella.....

This right here ^^^

Good luck Joey and the rest of the Scraps, I mean GI :biggthumpup:

FTLGuzzler

Addicted to Softballfans
Men's Major WS

Congrats to the Adiktiv boys on winning the Conference B championships and earning the 17 seed to the MWS. Great run.

Moody #21

SELF-EMPLOYED LAZY BUM
Thanks! We had to come from 11 down in the bottom of the 6th to win the IF game 15-14. It was a total team effort. Excited to be a part of it.

Last edited:

gzayasjr

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats Adiktiv... you guys truly earned your spot in the Major World Series unlike others that will be attending. Also congrats is in order for both Tommy Melton and Josh Wiggs for making the All Conference Team.

That is great stuff...

Greg Zayas
4 The Fallen

gzayasjr

Addicted to Softballfans
I understand that you could not take the whole team, but is it right that we deviate from the original rules. Why just the scraps? Why not ask the guys that were all tourney last year? I just think its wrong that the rosters were supposed to be frozen unless an injury occurs and now we are changing again after something goes wrong and it benefits one side. Why accept the bid if you knew you couldnt go? Why not go down the list and ask other teams if they could rep instead of combining?

I have to agree with Gary in that if a team cannot attend the Major, they give the birth to the next seed. Sonny's earned a top 16 finish qualifying them for the Major and they passed it up so Precision/ Hangrite which was the 17th seed received the birth. They did not go to Sonny's and have them pick up players from a team that did not earn the spot. Based on this, FKA/Demarini should be the team going to the Major not the 7th ranked team in the Military Circuit with a few GI players sprinkled in.

WIGGS22

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks brother....

Congrats Adiktiv... you guys truly earned your spot in the Major World Series unlike others that will be attending. Also congrats is in order for both Tommy Melton and Josh Wiggs for making the All Conference Team.

That is great stuff...

Greg Zayas
4 The Fallen

WIGGS22

Addicted to Softballfans
I have to agree with Gary in that if a team cannot attend the Major, they give the birth to the next seed. Sonny's earned a top 16 finish qualifying them for the Major and they passed it up so Precision/ Hangrite which was the 17th seed received the birth. They did not go to Sonny's and have them pick up players from a team that did not earn the spot. Based on this, FKA/Demarini should be the team going to the Major not the 7th ranked team in the Military Circuit with a few GI players sprinkled in.

Couldn't agree more Greg....

gzayasjr

Addicted to Softballfans
We (GI) surveyed the talent across all the teams and took the guys we felt would help us win...and they just mostly happened to be in the WSC fam. Myers x 2, Tre, Q, B. Gooding, Trenton, Watkins etc etc. Bottom line....its nobodies business really. If everyone wants a say in what happens...put your team together BEFORE worlds and try to earn some points. Either way, GI was walking trough that tourney....BOOM! hahahahahahahahaha

What's funny is that you are saying that everyone else should go form a team BEFORE worlds to try to earn some points yet you combined with a team that had a team together before worlds but did not earn the required points. They weren't even in the top 5 in points.

From the looks of the other rosters, it would have been a battle by all teams. It would have been great to see who would have ended up on top.

Either way, it is still awesome to see that USSSA added the spot in the Major. With the Military guys on Adiktiv, Chad Loudon on Buzini, Dustin Roberts on Nordkap, Scott Brown and Chad Munger on Team Combat, and the combined two teams for the 18th seed, the Military will be well represented.

Hopefully we will be able to crack the top 16 in the conference next year. We missed it by a few spots this year but will battle back next year.

Greg Zayas
4 The Fallen

Big Al#55

Photographer
Congrats to Moody and his guys!!! Josh and Tommy congrats to you guys, active duty military players making all-conference for the 1st time!!!