MINNESOTA Thread: Mother Nature hates MN softball.

ELone9

aka: Batsmith
Anyone on here swing or has swung a monsta?

I'd have to agree with Tyler. It was good right away but they say you need to hit 200 cuts with 44's on them then it should be good with 52's. When I get a new stick I try and compare it to what I believe is the hottest thing out at the time (which has been Aftermaths or juggys for the last couple years) and it didn't compare

TFS #33

Addicted to Softballfans
I dissagree, I have the og 13 white monsta and it is a beast. I hit it against a flipper, 13 juggy and a aftermath and it out hit all of them for me and I am going on my 3rd year with it hitting 40's, 44's and 52's with it. I also got 3 others to switch to a Boogieman and they wont swing anything else. Is it the greatest bat ever made, no, but if it fits your swing it will hang right with any bat out there. I have a Zombie and a DNA on the way, I will be doing a bp session with Jake once they arrive and I am sure he will post his opinion.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I dissagree, I have the og 13 white monsta and it is a beast. I hit it against a flipper, 13 juggy and a aftermath and it out hit all of them for me and I am going on my 3rd year with it hitting 40's, 44's and 52's with it. I also got 3 others to switch to a Boogieman and they wont swing anything else. Is it the greatest bat ever made, no, but if it fits your swing it will hang right with any bat out there. I have a Zombie and a DNA on the way, I will be doing a bp session with Jake once they arrive and I am sure he will post his opinion.

That's the first realistic review I've read. Most guys just spew hype. I'm interested in giving them an honest chance.

The Whalers are back down to C, not surprised they have been struggling playing B.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
That's the first realistic review I've read. Most guys just spew hype. I'm interested in giving them an honest chance.

The Whalers are back down to C, not surprised they have been struggling playing B.

We sold a few of the white version and all parties got rid of them within a month. I swung it and did not like it. They are okay. IMO they are about on par with the Easton L4 or L6 line. If you can find one on the cheap it's worth a try. TFS is right, it's all about what fits your swing.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
maple grove dome has 70' tunnels for $40 an hour. I think it's $160 for the dome but it's hard to find time other than 10pm for that.

brewers15

Arpin's Pride
A couple of cheese heads are looking for a new team

My brother and I are looking to get on a tourney team. The team we were supposed to play on this year disbanded.

I usually pitch or play 1st or 3rd and my bro catches or plays 2nd. Both base hitters. We are willing to pay team fees or whatever.

Thanks

Last edited:

rednekc

Addicted to Softballfans
what are the overall opinions on the places to hit these days?? hourly rates? availability? anyone interested in hitting?

ninerniner

Addicted to Softballfans
I would hit with you anytime, beautiful. There is a place in Buffalo now that Yoke says is pretty nice.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Hopefully I can get on a regular schedule of BP starting after the new year. The holidays are putting a bit of a kink in the plans.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
2015 Team Stoop/Miken roster:
Brent Borowitz aka Hacker - Coach
Mat Turbes - Sponsor

Jake Meyers
Joe Walsh
James Lyon
Jason Gatlin
Matt Kelsey
Nick Politte
Travis Noor
Birdie McGovern
Brett Luger
Chad Koll
Dustin Froberg
Dwayne Walters
Jason Helmin
Garrett Loman
Mike Thorbrogger
Tim Barger
Shawn Thielbar

They haven't posted anything official, but I got some info on their roster.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
2015 Team Stoop/Miken roster:
Brent Borowitz aka Hacker - Coach
Mat Turbes - Sponsor

Jake Meyers
Joe Walsh
James Lyon
Jason Gatlin
Matt Kelsey
Nick Politte
Travis Noor
Birdie McGovern
Brett Luger
Chad Koll
Dustin Froberg
Dwayne Walters
Jason Helmin
Garrett Loman
Mike Thorbrogger
Tim Barger
Shawn Thielbar

They haven't posted anything official, but I got some info on their roster.

Solid top to bottom right there