Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm glad it's better. I wouldn't mind going back there and playing.

The first year I ran a team we played in state at TI. I made a sliding catch in the outfield wearing shorts and ended up having a scrape all along my leg like I had slid in the infield.

Beauner

Starting Player
I think Miken is #1 in Utrip and probably #3 in ASA. I don't see them taking over, but I could see them closing the gap. At this point, if you're not swinging a Monsta or a Demarini, you're doing yourself a disservice. I know the Worth Liberty is solid, and people seemed to like the Patriot, so Miken could use that technology and be a move viable option.
I have a feeling I'll be swinging my Patriot over my 2016 OG Flipper, 2015 USA Flipper, and USA Future this summer if it shows on the field like it feels in the cages. These things are no joke. If Miken keeps funneling money into ASA R&D, Monsta will see their stranglehold weaken. Quickly.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I guess that will be interesting locally. Will the loyalty to Miken make Monsta die out a bit. Will it cut into Demarini's piece of the pie?

Monsta reminds me of Combat. Smaller company, loyal fan base that will use it no matter what.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess that will be interesting locally. Will the loyalty to Miken make Monsta die out a bit. Will it cut into Demarini's piece of the pie?

Monsta reminds me of Combat. Smaller company, loyal fan base that will use it no matter what.

i will swing monsta till i find a bat that can get me over 302'... monsta gets me 301' right now...

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I wonder if they're able to do the Minnesota conference as an A team. I think there were rules against it last year, but they were a mid-season bump.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
waiting.gif

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
They have a couple of the big ASA teams locally, don't they?

T's is Monsta now. All American was Monsta at the end of last year, are they going to be again this year?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Have you seen the Combat backpacks with the solar panel on them? That's an interesting idea.

I was never into Combat's bats, but the bags were designed really well, and the pants are my favorite ones. I stocked up for future seasons.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I haven't seen one in person. I don't think I'd ever use the solar panel charger. It's a neat idea for the folks that need to get that phone battery charged.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I guess if you you had that, you could do your scorebook on an iPad or something along those lines.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
I will stick with my Black Ops bag after I put a zipper on one of the pockets.I am also in the process of putting different wheels on it, so it is not so noisy.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Did you build shelves for the inside of it?

I got the big Combat bag, and one of the guys on my team built shelves for the inside. Kinda sweet. Makes the bag look huge, but now it has shelves and a cupholder.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Any kind of shelves make a big difference. I remember the first couple bags I owned had the giant middle area that I would just lose crap in.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
Yep I got a shelf for my black ops. I just need to get a bucket for balls so I don't have to put all of those in my bag as well.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Any kind of shelves make a big difference. I remember the first couple bags I owned had the giant middle area that I would just lose crap in.

That's what I was worried about. Plus, it helps the bag stand up, which makes it a little more organized. I did have to attach my pitching helmet to the outside of the bag, but that's fine.

Yep I got a shelf for my black ops. I just need to get a bucket for balls so I don't have to put all of those in my bag as well.

I just use an old bat bag for BP balls. Wheel them right out to the mound for BP.

I started to use an old backpack bag for game balls, too. So much easier than carrying that box around with the game balls in. Had to come up with a new plan once the box was soaked in Hanover, and I wish I would have thought of it 3 years ago.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
I use a bigger sports bag for BP balls. Might get a nice bucket with a padded lid of something for game balls.