Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Broke my Boogeyman hitting BP today. It was cracked pretty well, so I knew it was going to go.

What I didn’t know was that my Sinister was also going to shark tooth, and I’m going to be hosed for bats pretty soon.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like it’s going to be a long day or two coming up.
I started Saturday afternoon at 2:30. I didn't leave the field again until 4:15 Sunday morning, at least not any longer than to take the bats back and get new ones.

Cincy finished:
Resmondo
Smash It
SNI
Xtreme

Xtreme forfeited the fourth place game after their pitcher got knocked out due to injury.
Will played well for Primetime in the game and a couple innings I saw him. Hit well and made a great sliding catch against Dan Smith.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I started Saturday afternoon at 2:30. I didn't leave the field again until 4:15 Sunday morning, at least not any longer than to take the bats back and get new ones.

Cincy finished:
Resmondo
Smash It
SNI
Xtreme

Xtreme forfeited the fourth place game after their pitcher got knocked out due to injury.
Will played well for Primetime in the game and a couple innings I saw him. Hit well and made a great sliding catch against Dan Smith.
Xtreme had all their pitchers get hurt this weekend, at least all of them that were there. They had a hell of a run though. Seems like the moves they made paid off for this tourney.

Beauner

Starting Player
Never too early to plan ahead for next year, eh?

I’ll probably look at Anarchy, Miken or Worth. Who knows. I thought I’d have more time to figure it out.
I really wanna get an Anarchy Naturdays (not because I like Natty Light, it's just a 12" half ounce endload). I know I shouldn't, even with my rep pricing. But it's very tempting.

Beauner

Starting Player
Upper
Jec
Drip
Blueline
Heard you guys gave Drip City a run for their money.
I played them with Frankie and Nasty Boys in Iowa last year and they beat the hell out of us.
My Thunder team back in the day played them as OC (before the Drip City) and had an 11-1 lead on them after 3. They scored 26 runs in the next two innings. 4 grand slams and 3 three run HRs. It was clinical.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I really wanna get an Anarchy Naturdays (not because I like Natty Light, it's just a 12" half ounce endload). I know I shouldn't, even with my rep pricing. But it's very tempting.
I’m surprised nobody on my Wednesday team has a utrip one. ****, the Naturday logo is on our jersey.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Heard you guys gave Drip City a run for their money.
I played them with Frankie and Nasty Boys in Iowa last year and they beat the hell out of us.
My Thunder team back in the day played them as OC (before the Drip City) and had an 11-1 lead on them after 3. They scored 26 runs in the next two innings. 4 grand slams and 3 three run HRs. It was clinical.

We lost on errors..... 12 unearned runs and we had two bombs left in the bottom of 7 only down 6.

Beauner

Starting Player
I’m surprised nobody on my Wednesday team has a utrip one. ****, the Naturday logo is on our jersey.
Of all the bats that have passed through my whoreish hands, I've never swung a USSSA Anarchy. Not for lack of want. I'd be interested to try one.

Also FWIW, I'm pretty sure the USSSA haven't started shipping yet on those beer bats. Supposedly it was mid-late July for shipping on the USSSA ones

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Might have to. I have a Miken Primo (the bat my brother uses), but I don’t really love it. Probably will just have to learn to like it.

Since I am in Detroit this week, Jesse has my Torch to use, if you want to use it tonight.

Beauner

Starting Player
Firemans tier 2:
Smokestack
GAF
M&M

Smokestack won on a walkoff E7 against Northwoods Elite on Saturday afternoon to come from behind for the W. Pretty fun game to watch

Tier 3:
Bootleggers
Referral Collision
Loonatix

Tier 1:
Tharaldson
Chanticlear
Comatose

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Of all the bats that have passed through my whoreish hands, I've never swung a USSSA Anarchy. Not for lack of want. I'd be interested to try one.

Also FWIW, I'm pretty sure the USSSA haven't started shipping yet on those beer bats. Supposedly it was mid-late July for shipping on the USSSA ones
The 240 bats are good. We have 2 on my Wednesday team (different barrel lengths), and they’re becoming more popular. The red one that’s mine (same as the purple one on sale now) gets the most use. The 12” barrel hasn’t gotten into the mix quite as much.

Since I am in Detroit this week, Jesse has my Torch to use, if you want to use it tonight.
I might have to give it a shot.

wildthing81

Mondays after tournys are getting rougher and rougher, maybe its just me getting older. Takes a couple days to recover now and i dont even play every game any more. Congrats to all the teams who placed this past weekend.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Eric - what the hell happened between Smash it and SNI?
Branch told Collins not to go middle, then Collins goes middle and hits the pitcher in the ankle or calf. Branch goes nuts runs out, grabs the ball and makes a move like he's going to throw it at Collins. Then the chirping started, Branch gets even more pissed off and tells Collins he's going to throw the ball at his head. Davis ( the field umpire) tosses Branch and it all starts up again. Reyna gets involved and says some things he shouldn't have said. Ends up with Reyna tossed too. Branch was suspended for the rest of the tournament and my understanding is that there was to be a phone hearing today to figure out what's going to happen next. One of the Branch's teammates made the comment that you could hear on the stream that Branch must really not have wanted to go to Seattle. My guess is that Branch is out for a couple weeks, I was told he was already on probation. Sometimes I'm glad I don't get those games, worst I had to deal with was a pain in the ass C team that didn't like that their opponent bat flipped after hitting a walk off single and they threw the bat into the woods. I had a call with the National Director of Officials about that one today.

Any of you guys that watched the stream: Did Purcell pitch at all this weekend? Every time I saw Smash It McClanahan was pitching. I did see Purcell there.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I'm guessing Andy not pitching had something to do with the massive rain delay and non stop games potentially. I also heard Dan Smith almost started boxing each other in the parking lot.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
So many tourneys to pick from this week. Movement in the standings? I don't know. I usually write this before I do the numbers part.

Tourneys this week are the two Frolics divisions and the conference tourney in Colorado.

Weekly Standings:
thelastsamurai - 11
Maximus - 11
Beauner - 10
mnballer - 9
Bell - 8
Chembry - 8
Yoke - 4

Season Standings (and weeks won):
Chembry (McPete's) - 124 (5)
Maximus (Longhorns) - 120 (7)
thelastsamurai - 120 (4)
Beauner (Swing Nation) - 118 (4)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 108 (1)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 106 (4)
Yoke (McPete's) - 97 (3)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm guessing Andy not pitching had something to do with the massive rain delay and non stop games potentially. I also heard Dan Smith almost started boxing each other in the parking lot.
Probably, or worried after Collins' antics that guys from Resmondo would go after him. That team is completely different when Purcell is on the mound compared to McClanahan. Not only is Purcell a better pitcher, but McClanahan raises the level of the infield quite a bit. He was a Defensive player of the year before he started pitching.

I've heard that about Dan Smith too, alleging that there are going to be some big changes before the Seattle Dual. I didn't see any of it, that happened during my nap time.

Beauner

Starting Player
Mondays after tournys are getting rougher and rougher, maybe its just me getting older. Takes a couple days to recover now and i dont even play every game any more. Congrats to all the teams who placed this past weekend.

I know this feeling all to well this season.

I've been dealing with some achilles injury on my one good leg (unsure if it's tendonitis or bursitis or something more sinister, haven't gone to the doc yet) since early April. Every time I play 3-4 games in a day on weekend, hell sometimes even after double header in league where I quarter-ass it most of the time, it becomes almost impossible to walk even remotely normally for 2-3 days even with a regular icing regiment (seriously I bought 4 more ice packs and two wraps to hold them at the end of April so I've always got a cold pack ready and waiting). On Saturday I did something to my knee that caused fluid to build up with a vengeance (I routinely get fluid built up in my knee after tournaments but it is usually fairly minimal). By the time we got knocked out by M&M I could barely bend my knee without my kneecap floating up to the very top of my knee and had to baby-step the stairs cuz I was sure it was going to give out on me.

Was planning to take this weekend off from everything (golf, softball, everything except walking the dog and that type of stuff). Then I got asked to play coed on Sunday and I'm a whore sooo can't wait to do it all over again

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I bought a Tens thing off Amazon, and that thing has helped a ton on any strains and whatnot. I’ve also started stretching a lot more regularly.

I realized that I’m the age of the guys I thought were the old guys on my team when I was 20. Being 36 is something. Just glad I still move pretty decent most of the time.

wildthing81

I know this feeling all to well this season.

I've been dealing with some achilles injury on my one good leg (unsure if it's tendonitis or bursitis or something more sinister, haven't gone to the doc yet) since early April. Every time I play 3-4 games in a day on weekend, hell sometimes even after double header in league where I quarter-ass it most of the time, it becomes almost impossible to walk even remotely normally for 2-3 days even with a regular icing regiment (seriously I bought 4 more ice packs and two wraps to hold them at the end of April so I've always got a cold pack ready and waiting). On Saturday I did something to my knee that caused fluid to build up with a vengeance (I routinely get fluid built up in my knee after tournaments but it is usually fairly minimal). By the time we got knocked out by M&M I could barely bend my knee without my kneecap floating up to the very top of my knee and had to baby-step the stairs cuz I was sure it was going to give out on me.

Was planning to take this weekend off from everything (golf, softball, everything except walking the dog and that type of stuff). Then I got asked to play coed on Sunday and I'm a whore sooo can't wait to do it all over again

Yea for me its been a battle, i missed half of the 2019 season due to injuries and all of 2020 from a real competitive stand point and just played about 5 fun tournys mainly due to injury and health issues. This year i've used a ton of different methods; Cold showers for 5 minutes to cut down on inflammation, heat and ice packs of course. I take Turmeric and fish oil to help with inflammation as well as i try to stay away from Ibuprofen at all costs. Seeing a chiropractor twice a month, health and wellness doctor twice a month and sitting in a hot tub about 3-4 times per week and lots of stretching. Being 38 and playing competitive ball takes a toll forsure, plus pitching I usually get zapped at least once per weekend real good. My wife says a walk around like and old man sunday and monday's I'd have to agree. I have a tenz machine as well it and certainly helps. I guess what i really notice is the general aches and pains and really just getting nick'ed up and it lingering. For example I pitched saturday, got drilled in the knee, sprained my thumb. Iced both all night when i got home, played sunday, cramped up really bad pitching late sunday afternoon even after drinking alot of electrolyte water and tweeked both calfs that were cramping. Twice i hit a ball in the gap and turned a sure double into a single. Now its been a process of all ice, cold showers, stretching to try and recover. Im glad we got this weekend off, heading to the breezy point area for the weekend and then its back to back corkeys and open state. Getting old blows....but one thing that has helped is learning to say no to people who ask me to play extra league and tourny's, save the mileage for my team even as hard as it is sometimes to say no.

Beauner

Starting Player
Yea for me its been a battle, i missed half of the 2019 season due to injuries and all of 2020 from a real competitive stand point and just played about 5 fun tournys mainly due to injury and health issues. This year i've used a ton of different methods; Cold showers for 5 minutes to cut down on inflammation, heat and ice packs of course. I take Turmeric and fish oil to help with inflammation as well as i try to stay away from Ibuprofen at all costs. Seeing a chiropractor twice a month, health and wellness doctor twice a month and sitting in a hot tub about 3-4 times per week and lots of stretching. Being 38 and playing competitive ball takes a toll forsure, plus pitching I usually get zapped at least once per weekend real good. My wife says a walk around like and old man sunday and monday's I'd have to agree. I have a tenz machine as well it and certainly helps. I guess what i really notice is the general aches and pains and really just getting nick'ed up and it lingering. For example I pitched saturday, got drilled in the knee, sprained my thumb. Iced both all night when i got home, played sunday, cramped up really bad pitching late sunday afternoon even after drinking alot of electrolyte water and tweeked both calfs that were cramping. Twice i hit a ball in the gap and turned a sure double into a single. Now its been a process of all ice, cold showers, stretching to try and recover. Im glad we got this weekend off, heading to the breezy point area for the weekend and then its back to back corkeys and open state. Getting old blows....but one thing that has helped is learning to say no to people who ask me to play extra league and tourny's, save the mileage for my team even as hard as it is sometimes to say no.
I've turned down more "Hey can you sub tonight" requests this summer than I've ever turned down before just for that reason. I feel bad turning them down cuz most of them have subbed for my teams in the past but I know I need to be able to be at least moderately functional for my tournament team. I'm already terrible enough when I'm healthy, I don't need to make it worse by aggravating my achilles subbing in Joey's garbage Tuesday night league or Johnny's Sunday league.

wildthing81

I've turned down more "Hey can you sub tonight" requests this summer than I've ever turned down before just for that reason. I feel bad turning them down cuz most of them have subbed for my teams in the past but I know I need to be able to be at least moderately functional for my tournament team. I'm already terrible enough when I'm healthy, I don't need to make it worse by aggravating my achilles subbing in Joey's garbage Tuesday night league or Johnny's Sunday league.

HA! yep i say the same for me as well. Some of JEC plays league on thursday's and the team is run by the sponsor. I didnt really want to play league but since some of the tourny team was playing i thought I should. I always get hurt in league because im caught going between hard enough to look like Im trying but not too hard to get beat up. I twisted/sprained my ankle running into 2nd base where there was an a large amount of lose dirt. It was right before the Shakopee tourney. Naturally it was my left ankle/foot and its the foot i push off the rubber to pitch with. Now not only do i have to wear a large tie up ankle brace on that ankle, but because i was favoring my right ankle that one started to hurt as well so i am playing with braces on both ankles now. I also had to learn/become comfortable pitching with my right foot on the rubber to push off because it didnt have the strength in the left foot to push off 50 times a game. It may not sound like much of a difference but i've been pitching off my left foot for 10 years so to make a quick transition and be comfortable took a couple weeks and a lot of throws off the mound. Anyways its been a good excuse to say no to every one else asking about league. To be honest, I'd rather go to a park and hit off a tee for an hour then play league. I learn way more about my swing and get more swings in by myself then playing league and im done in a hour or whatever time and not worrying about late games and getting to bed after 11pm or mid nite.