Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I thought I heard rumblings of this, but are B Nationals being streamed at all this weekend?
They were trying to stream D south state and it wasn't working, but hopefully it's up and running for nationals.

Anyone heard any rumblings about the utrip national tourneys? I haven't seen a team list or anyone even talking about it.

Beauner

Starting Player
They were trying to stream D south state and it wasn't working, but hopefully it's up and running for nationals.

Anyone heard any rumblings about the utrip national tourneys? I haven't seen a team list or anyone even talking about it.
10 teams in D nationals. 3GG. I got a texted picture of the bracket. I'll try to upload it.

Attachments

• 110698.jpeg
    110698.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 31

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
USA B National: Heartland
Utrip C National:
Utrip D National:
The Crew
Stiftungfest: Hassan

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
10 teams in D nationals. 3GG. I got a texted picture of the bracket. I'll try to upload it.
WTF is with these people not knowing how to work their website or create a PDF file?

I know computers can be hard, I explain to people every day how to use a USB, but if that's a part of your actual job, you should take a couple hours to figure it out.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
WTF is with these people not knowing how to work their website or create a PDF file?

I know computers can be hard, I explain to people every day how to use a USB, but if that's a part of your actual job, you should take a couple hours to figure it out.
They are trying to destroy Utrip as much as they possibly can.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
They are trying to destroy Utrip as much as they possibly can.
It sure seems like it.

There has to be a way around them. I don't do much with Utrip besides my Wednesday league, but I don't want to see it shrink up like NSA or ISA did in Minnesota.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
It sure seems like it.

There has to be a way around them. I don't do much with Utrip besides my Wednesday league, but I don't want to see it shrink up like NSA or ISA did in Minnesota.
I hope the whole staff gets fired after this season. It has been a giant mess from the get go.

wildthing81

It sure seems like it.

Arent we basically at that point now? besides a few carney utrip tourneys, whats left? The frolics was terrible this year and now the main fields its been at for 30 years is being torn up an not replaced, I doubt we see a revival of that tourney, the stadium is a gong show, they cancelled both C and Open Utrip state. Our team is going to UTRIP worlds having played exactly one USSSA tourney this year, the dudley

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Arent we basically at that point now? besides a few carney utrip tourneys, whats left? The frolics was terrible this year and now the main fields its been at for 30 years is being torn up an not replaced, I doubt we see a revival of that tourney, the stadium is a gong show, they cancelled both C and Open Utrip state. Our team is going to UTRIP worlds having played exactly one USSSA tourney this year, the dudley
My team got 3 tournaments in. Father Hennepin, Dudley, and Duk Duk. And outside of the Dudley, we played no real competition. This has been a horrible year for Utrip.

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
USA Softball B Nationals: Above All Landscaping
Utrip C National: Team Stoop
Utrip D National: The Crew
Stiftungfest: Hassan Sand

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I guess it probably is. Gross.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
USSSA is definitely on life support in state. It is beyond one foot in the grave for C and above. Lacelle and crew did not do a great job of getting it to come together and work. The coaches/players were very difficult to work with and didn't make it any easier for the USSSA board. Neither party helped create an environment that had much of a chance to succeed.

We played 3 USSSA tournaments this year (Father Hennepin/Dudley/Frolics) and cancelled a World's trip after we couldn't get the commitment or funds to make the trip worthwhile. USA Softball C Nationals is the last tournament on our schedule. After our stellar 0-2 at C State the optimism for next weekend is very minimal. I have that and the Natalia Nelson tournament left for the season and zero fall ball. Been a highly disappointing season and year for my team and myself.

Beauner

Starting Player
I hope the whole staff gets fired after this season. It has been a giant mess from the get go.
I've heard rumors that the national office is going to come up here and clean house and establish real leaders for UTrip in-state again. That would be much needed. I prefer Utrip so much more than ASA... If utrip dies maybe I'll pick up knitting

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
My mom already kinda has the quilting market locked down in my family.

Legitimate. If she has any tips or tricks holla atchya boi!

Think I may pop down Saturday morning to check out some B games prior to an important fantasy football draft at 2PM. Dugout v Eurotech round one is a good matchup I want to check out!

wildthing81

Legitimate. If she has any tips or tricks holla atchya boi!

Think I may pop down Saturday morning to check out some B games prior to an important fantasy football draft at 2PM. Dugout v Eurotech round one is a good matchup I want to check out!
Woooo, getting up bright an early at 4am to drive down the TI for B.P then check in our bats before the game, should be a real knee slapper, that said, i guess its not a whole lot different then finishing our conference games at 1 or 2 am and starting back at 8am, should be a fun tourney, looking forward to the opportunity and hope our team continues to play well, heck I might even be using a former sander stick in the game as I traded your brother last week for a blue torch!

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
For USSSA C State are we picking the C "state" that is taking place at The Stadium? If so, which 4 teams are in it again?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Are they not having C nationals at Burnsville anymore this weekend?

I was just going by the MNRPA schedule on their website. If it's some deal at the stadium, I'd prefer to scratch it. That'd be like picking the old Pov's tourneys.

I miss the old Pov's tourneys. Is SRO still a dump?

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Are they not having C nationals at Burnsville anymore this weekend?

I was just going by the MNRPA schedule on their website. If it's some deal at the stadium, I'd prefer to scratch it. That'd be like picking the old Pov's tourneys.

I miss the old Pov's tourneys. Is SRO still a dump?

Not sure about C nationals. The C "state" is at The Stadium and being run by Hacker and a few others. But that isn't until 9/8.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I’ll be playing in that. It’s a sad state of affairs when this is our last resort.
I think there are a few people that are really getting in the way of utrip growing in the state. They don't care, though, because they're getting theirs.

What are the chances stiffy fest gets going tonight?
If it rained and hailed there like it did in Long Lake, that's going to be a rough one to get in tonight.

Beauner

Starting Player
I think there are a few people that are really getting in the way of utrip growing in the state. They don't care, though, because they're getting theirs.

Definitely agree. In the few usssa events I've played in this season they've all been run smoothly and any issues/questions were handled quickly. But there are a select few on the FB boards that always seem to take a big steamy Najeh Davenport on UTrip any time they can, while virtually never taking the same opportunity for ASA/USA.
To me, softball is softball. I don't care if it is UTrip or ASA, I'll still play.
I play it because I have fun doing it and it is one of the few things I don't suck at. Hopefully next year I get asked to play again by somebody and I can keep not sucking for at least one more season.

There are more and more teams seemingly every year that stick with one association and refuse to crossover. That frustrates me.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Definitely agree. In the few usssa events I've played in this season they've all been run smoothly and any issues/questions were handled quickly. But there are a select few on the FB boards that always seem to take a big steamy Najeh Davenport on UTrip any time they can, while virtually never taking the same opportunity for ASA/USA.
To me, softball is softball. I don't care if it is UTrip or ASA, I'll still play.
I play it because I have fun doing it and it is one of the few things I don't suck at. Hopefully next year I get asked to play again by somebody and I can keep not sucking for at least one more season.

There are more and more teams seemingly every year that stick with one association and refuse to crossover. That frustrates me.
I think it's people inside, or can get into somebody's ear on the inside, that are hurting it worse. Nationals is drawing fewer teams than the old region tournaments you used to play before state. I don't know that you can blame a few nerds on Facebook for that.

Playing a utrip tourney or two would be fun, but there really aren't many appealing tournaments to play in besides the Dudley and maybe Father Hennepin (because I'm from Champlin) and Duk Duk.