Minnesota Thread

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
3 of the 4 umpires working the winner's bracket semis in St. Louis were MN guys and South Metro guys at that. If the umps were iffy at the Burnsville that is probably why. And the best of the bunch wasn't one of them.

Nasty Boys/OCC finishes 3rd in owatonna

Carney Boys vs New Breed/Gorillas in ship. Both of these teams won D last year at Owatonna and Faribault.

New Breed walked off Carney.

Just funny that some of these teams have stayed in D in their states. Main Pub who won Wisconsin D state last year, doesnt get bumped.

Does Pfeffer call out other state directors or say anything at all?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
****, was it super windy? 8 guys is a lot for a whole game.

Tough part is, once you get to about 3, everyone gets super picky until you’re on track.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!

Tough part is, once you get to about 3, everyone gets super picky until you’re on track.

Nope. We knew pitching was an issue for us. Everyone we found willing to play with us had a C card and couldn't get the 1 appeal we needed to make it work or cut a guy. So far it seems we made the wrong choice.

Beauner

Starting Player
Owatonna looks like it finished
1) New Breed/Gorillaz - back to back champs (they won faribault last year I believe)
2) Carney
3) OCC/Nasty Boys

We went to 9 innings last night against OCC. Lost 22-21. We were down 7 going to top 6, scored 9 to take the lead, they scored 2 to tie bottom 6. We scored 3 in top 7, they scored 3 in bottom 7 (two out, two run double). We scored 2 top 8, they scored two bottom 8 (walked in the tying run after intentionally walking a guy who had been killing it for them to get to the bottom of the order). We went down in order in top 9, they got the leadoff guy on, pinch ran for him, tagged to second on a deep fly ball, and a two out single scored him. Was a great game. Bummer we couldn't pull it out. We had just beat Reapers 22-15 and a bunch of our guys are good friends with their team. Felt like we had a bit of an emotional letdown early on in the game against OCC. We didn't start really hitting until the 4th inning (we were down like 7-2 going into the 4th). Ended up tying it up in top 5 before they scored 7 to take the lead temporarily. They had a very good young squad. Lots of speed, really good defense. I think they made one error in 9 innings. Maybe two?

We put up 67 runs in 3 games on Saturday and 5 this morning in a 7-5 loss to knock us out. :( Just couldn't get the big two out hits when we needed them today. Had tying run on 1st in bottom 7 and our ten hitter GIDP to end it. Was another good battle but frustrating knowing we had a HR left and wind blowing out if we could roll it back over to the top of the lineup.

Beauner

Starting Player
3 of the 4 umpires working the winner's bracket semis in St. Louis were MN guys and South Metro guys at that. If the umps were iffy at the Burnsville that is probably why. And the best of the bunch wasn't one of them.
Saw somebody comment not to let Kenny umpire anymore and laughed. I have to assume they mean Kenny 2-step.

Beauner

Starting Player

It wasn't terribly windy but there were some decent gusts at times. I'd guess probably 5-10mph was the consistent breeze, at least where we played. At times it gusted up in our games and caused some issues for both pitchers.

Beauner

Starting Player
Nasty Boys/OCC finishes 3rd in owatonna

Carney Boys vs New Breed/Gorillas in ship. Both of these teams won D last year at Owatonna and Faribault.

New Breed walked off Carney.

Just funny that some of these teams have stayed in D in their states. Main Pub who won Wisconsin D state last year, doesnt get bumped.

Does Pfeffer call out other state directors or say anything at all?
I would guess no. But I don't know how much pull he'd have with that. It seems like it would be more up to a national board to make get on those states to be more assertive about bumps.

Seems odd to me that teams can win their state tournament and not get bumped but I can't get an appeal down to D+ after I got bumped for having 0 at bats and 0 innings played for The Crew at nationals last year. At least I got an unforgettable vacation to beautiful Fargo, ND and lots of BP in for my bump :)

I would guess no. But I don't know how much pull he'd have with that. It seems like it would be more up to a national board to make get on those states to be more assertive about bumps.

Seems odd to me that teams can win their state tournament and not get bumped but I can't get an appeal down to D+ after I got bumped for having 0 at bats and 0 innings played for The Crew at nationals last year. At least I got an unforgettable vacation to beautiful Fargo, ND and lots of BP in for my bump :)

Dont believe carney boys even played in their state tourney or nationals either. I mean it is what it is here, but I'll stand by my comment of Minnesota will only have slim to none chances of winning something big.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
7th / 8th is a win for us..

I would have liked to have a chance to play brew crew or the creek today... we were playing really well. Us and brew crew had a shot at top 4 but Carney biys got the best of both of us.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Lots of tournaments to choose from this weekend gives us lots to get results from. Makes it a little more fun.

Here are this weeks results:

JMac612 (Blueline) - 39
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 34
Chembry (Horsemen) - 31
Beauner (The Unknown) - 28
Scunions22 (On1) - 28
thelastsamurai (M&M) - 28
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 27
Larsl10 (Precision) - 27
BL19 (Precision) - 26
Yoke (Horsemen) - 26
TSFingRocks - 25
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 24
Sjoquist (Outdoorsmen) - 19

Are there any tournaments this weekend besides the Myrtle Beach conference tourney? If we can find another one by Wednesday night, we should add it. Hard to add late in the week.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

ming01

DMVWinning

:D Just dont come here outside of June-Sept

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I have to say it was really fun playing open this weekend, he just needed to hit a lot better. Made it to play all 7 vs. Monsta, we were beating Ductech until the 7th. We needed to hit better, and need more power. Defense was spot on. Overall a great experience!

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I have to say it was really fun playing open this weekend, he just needed to hit a lot better. Made it to play all 7 vs. Monsta, we were beating Ductech until the 7th. We needed to hit better, and need more power. Defense was spot on. Overall a great experience!

Should pick up some of those Carney boys.. they hit 12 hro's against us and 15 the game b4 we played them..

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw somebody comment not to let Kenny umpire anymore and laughed. I have to assume they mean Kenny 2-step.
That's what I assume as well. When Terry, Mark, Scotty and Kevin are all umping out of state. There aren't too many guys left that are good tournament umps on the south side. I assume Ellenz was down at Corky's somewhere.

Beauner

Starting Player
That was me. And yes it was. He is the absolute worst.
By far the worst ump I've ever had. We're pretty lucky to have some great umpires in MN (although one moved to will still comes back to MN for a couple tournaments a year-- EAJuggalo). Guys who are easy to talk to, hustle out to get into position for the calls, know the rulebook, and generally seem to be out there because they enjoy umpiring.

Kenny is not one of them.