Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Lots of time to eat and drink ~Rolly~ I kid he didnt say that, but its gotta be one of the thoughts.
Oh absolutely. The longer breaks, people eat and drink more. I live 10 minutes up the road, and still wouldn’t leave if we had a couple hour break because then I’d have to find parking again.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
USA D State
Nasty Boys
Darrell’s
Lazy Jacks

Conference
S&E
MPT
SNI

Last edited:

wildthing81

Oh absolutely. The longer breaks, people eat and drink more. I live 10 minutes up the road, and still wouldn’t leave if we had a couple hour break because then I’d have to find parking again.

Literally couldnt leave for hours yesterday because of the parking situation and the street being tied up in front of the fields plus turning the road into a one way for two days and people still driving down the "wrong way" is questionable at best. Honestly pretty disappointed how the harvest fest/open state was handled...really used to like the the tourney, but open state being "forced" to play with the Harvest fest is kina a joke, my .02..

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Literally couldnt leave for hours yesterday because of the parking situation and the street being tied up in front of the fields plus turning the road into a one way for two days and people still driving down the "wrong way" is questionable at best. Honestly pretty disappointed how the harvest fest/open state was handled...really used to like the the tourney, but open state being "forced" to play with the Harvest fest is kina a joke, my .02..
The parking situation was a mess. Hopefully the city comes up with a better plan than that for next year.

I got to watch a little of open state. The games seemed good. Talked to Bremer a bit when I was walking up, and he said the fields were a mess when you got started. They were nice by our game at 3:30.

We didn’t play well, but it was fun to have a throw together team and play with some guys I haven’t played with a ton lately. Too many errors on defense. Stranded a small nation on offense.

wildthing81

The parking situation was a mess. Hopefully the city comes up with a better plan than that for next year.

I got to watch a little of open state. The games seemed good. Talked to Bremer a bit when I was walking up, and he said the fields were a mess when you got started. They were nice by our game at 3:30.

We didn’t play well, but it was fun to have a throw together team and play with some guys I haven’t played with a ton lately. Too many errors on defense. Stranded a small nation on offense.

Yea we started at 10am roughly, it had been raining the entire morning and it just rained harder during the game. The tractor just spread the mud around and made it even messier. Our coach was worried about our players safety since we got nationals and worlds as our next big tournys. Had they delayed until 11:30 or noon it would have been fine, but because the harvest games were behind our open state games they pushed to play. I pitched from a puddle ankle deep in water and couldnt really set my feet because i kept slipping in the water and mud in our first game. Naturally because i couldnt set my feet I got zapped twice, my ankle in the size of a grapefruit and my shoulder is a couple different colors....sure glad we "had" to play right away so the other games wouldnt be behind....We didnt play well and it might not have mattered but weather mattered to me on the mound when it comes to safety and it now may be weeks before my ankle is healed, makes you question playing all year for a state tourney.

Last edited:

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
A Wisconsin team, from the Milwaukee area, is playing in MN state ?
After winning WI D state in June? That seems weird. Of course Prairie Island is probably the next closest real ASA tournament other than WI state. I did get to see them play just a little bit at WI state, they looked like a very good D team or a lower C team. I'm guessing they wanted to get another tournament in before Nationals, I've been told that the top 3 from WI state are all going to Nationals in MI. I'm surprised how wide the locations are of the guys on that team. From Madison to Appleton is 2 hours, and an hour and a half at least from Appleton to Greenfield. Looks like half the team is from within 30 minutes of me.

Beauner

Starting Player
C State: Stagecoach
D South: Nasty Boys
USSSA C: Stoop
Conference Dual 1: MPT
Conference Dual 2: Dan Smith

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think the last time I played C, state had 8 or 9 teams, but that’s because they had it in Moorhead.

It had more than that each year after.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Sorry about the delay! I didn't see any results for Stacy, so that ones left off of the results, but if I get them I can go back and edit everything. Shouldn't be a problem.

This weekend is C and D ASA state, C Utrip state and a conference dual tourney.

Weekly Standings:
Beauner - 16
Bell - 15
mnballer - 15
Chembry - 14
Yoke - 12
Maximus - 11

Season Standings (and weeks won):
Beauner (Swing Nation) - 156 (5)
Chembry (McPete's) - 153 (5)
Maximus (Longhorns) - 147 (7)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 147 (2)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 137 (4)
tYoke (McPete's) - 126 (4)
helastsamurai - 120 (4)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
USA C - Oak Ridge
USA D - Nasty Boys
USSSA C - Blueline
Dual #1 - Dan Smith
Dual #2 - Dan Smith

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Winging it on the Utrip C state pick, because I haven’t seen a single thing about it.

The conference dual starts at 4 today. That looks like a good tourney.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep. It really sucks that they ended up having to play USA and USSSA C State on the same weekend. I've heard USA had to move C State because of Corky's moving back.