Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Standings!

The tournaments are already out there. E nationals is fine too.

Weekly Standings:
Maximus - 13
Chembry - 13
Bell - 13
Beauner - 10
Yoke - 8
mnballer - 3

Season Standings (and weeks won):
Beauner (Swing Nation) - 191 (6)
Maximus (Longhorns) - 176 (8)
Chembry (McPete's) - 171 (6)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 170 (3)
Yoke (McPete's) - 152 (4)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 150 (5)
Thelastsamurai - 120 (4)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Beauner

Starting Player
USA A: Thunder
Local: Chanticlear
USA B: Silverbacks
Local: Tharaldson
USA D: Nasty Boys
Local D: Nasty Boys
USA E: IA Elite
Local: J&W Asphalt
Conference: Precision

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
USA A: Thunder/Chosen
USA B: L&S Glass
Local: Ductech
USA D: Nasty Boys
USA E: Good Times
Local E: Sonics
Conference: MAJ

Last edited:

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
USA B: Tharldson
USA D: Smith Motors
USA E: Diamond Cartel
USA E local: the squad

I edited my E local pick because looks like Hoyt Vegas forfeited or no showed. No big deal if this isn’t ok.

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
USA A: Thunder
Local: JEC
USA D: DMVW
USA E: Revitalize Painting
USA E local: JW Asphalt

Last edited:

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don’t know where the E nationals bracket is.

Also, I think this was a thing last year, but for the local teams, just the #1 local team. Top 3 gets to be a gong show.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Local: chanti
USA B: Tharldson
USA D: Smith Motors
USA E: lagers
USA E local: sonics

Last edited:

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans

I almost picked Silverbacks for USA B.

They beat Smash It in Chicago this year. Only Buddy Wolf came out to shake their hands. It was fun to watch. They are really young. DW has the condensed game on his youtube channel.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet

They beat Smash It in Chicago this year. Only Buddy Wolf came out to shake their hands. It was fun to watch. They are really young. DW has the condensed game on his youtube channel.
That’s what I was thinking of when I picked them. I knew they had some success playing conference teams.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
If any of you guys end up with a 26oz Aftermath you’d like to sell, LMK.

I’m not really stressed about what year it’s from. Just trying to find a USA bat, and hoping for one that’s not horribly expensive.

pont22

I’m not really stressed about what year it’s from. Just trying to find a USA bat, and hoping for one that’s not horribly expensive.
Nik, I have a 27oz you can have until you decide on your next bat. Just let me know.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Nik, I have a 27oz you can have until you decide on your next bat. Just let me know.
Thanks! I don’t know if I can borrow any more of your stuff, and if I give back the Ameri-can, Jake will want to beat me up. He’s on fire with that thing.

I’ll find one soon. Either a 26oz Anarchy or an Aftermath. We’ll see how it goes.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans

They have to be young, most of them join the church by 21. I had a long discussion at Worlds last year about it with a guy from Ohio. He told me it's really common there for the top teams in D and E to all be Amish. They start playing slowpitch at 10 and it's one of only three sports they are allowed to play. It is crazy hearing them all speaking half Pennsylvania Dutch and half English. I had a D team last year that was playing a team from Miami, Terry and I were the only two on the field that had English as a first language.

That’s what I was thinking of when I picked them. I knew they had some success playing conference teams.
They pretty much are a conference team. They played 3 conference events, paid for two more that they had to bail on, and beat some good conference teams in other tournaments.

Beauner

Starting Player

Which one?

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
They have to be young, most of them join the church by 21. I had a long discussion at Worlds last year about it with a guy from Ohio. He told me it's really common there for the top teams in D and E to all be Amish. They start playing slowpitch at 10 and it's one of only three sports they are allowed to play. It is crazy hearing them all speaking half Pennsylvania Dutch and half English. I had a D team last year that was playing a team from Miami, Terry and I were the only two on the field that had English as a first language.

They pretty much are a conference team. They played 3 conference events, paid for two more that they had to bail on, and beat some good conference teams in other tournaments.

I lived in Philadelphia for a few years while I was doing my postdoc training at UPenn. While playing states we played quite a few Amish teams, but I didn’t really talk to them much. They were all young and now that makes sense why. One thing for sure is they could all play!

Beauner

Starting Player
NB lost to Johnson Tree this morning in the semis.
Have won back to back to get back to top 3. Just knocked out Smith Motors.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I was glad I found it streaming on their Facebook page. Fun to watch them win the first one of the two. Then watch 5 innings of the second championship game, and all of a sudden everyone here wants to go for a walk.