Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Ended up swinging a Demarini Black Steel last night. Surprised by how decent of a bat it was. I will never switch to it, or use it when we’re not up by 25, but no problem hitting singles with that thing.

Also, the Anarchy utrip bats are worth looking into if you’re in the market for a utrip bat. There’s an Onyx one that’s decent too, but I don’t know what it’s called.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Only one tournament last weekend. Only one tournament this weekend. The conference tournament should be solid. Not enough to pay to watch it, but solid.
I would pay just to watch the clown show that will be this afternoon. They are running GSL C/D/E worlds at Berliner this weekend too. They couldn't get enough guys to come into town for that so this afternoon the Conference umpires will be working GSL, many for the first time ever. I was feeling a little sad that I didn't go until I heard that. GSL games start at 2pm CT.

Beauner

Starting Player
I would pay just to watch the clown show that will be this afternoon. They are running GSL C/D/E worlds at Berliner this weekend too. They couldn't get enough guys to come into town for that so this afternoon the Conference umpires will be working GSL, many for the first time ever. I was feeling a little sad that I didn't go until I heard that. GSL games start at 2pm CT.

Most of the GSL rules are identical to USSSA rules (at least they were when we played in Vegas). Biggest difference is the DHH.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That sounds like it would have been a bit of a gong show. Trying to cram as much stuff into one place as possible.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Resmondo losing 33-13 to Precision is not a score I expected to see this weekend.
That I could see long before seeing Resmondo barely beat Meirtran 11-10, and needing three solo HR in the bottom of the 7th to do it. They do not look good this weekend. I don't know who's playing worse, Resmondo or Xtreme.

Most of the GSL rules are identical to USSSA rules (at least they were when we played in Vegas). Biggest difference is the DHH.
The biggest other difference is the 5' height floor for some of those umpires it will be a struggle.
That sounds like it would have been a bit of a gong show. Trying to cram as much stuff into one place as possible.
At least it's at Berliner so they have the fields to do it. 4 fields for men's Conference, 4 fields for women's Conference still leaves like 9 other fields for GSL to use.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That I could see long before seeing Resmondo barely beat Meirtran 11-10, and needing three solo HR in the bottom of the 7th to do it. They do not look good this weekend. I don't know who's playing worse, Resmondo or Xtreme.
Xtreme pulled it together a bit, but losing that first one is tough. Very low scoring weekend.

Resmondo has been doing that a lot lately. I feel like they do a lot of retooling this winter.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Conference finished: Smash It
Precision
MyAutoJack

Westpoint looked like they had a trip to the Major sewn up. They were up 8 in the bottom of the 7th against Smash It in one of the winners conference finals. Gave up 8 in the 7th, egged in the top of the 8th and lost on a walk off in the bottom of the 8th. Then lose the next game to Precision and give the last spot to SVC.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Conference finished: Smash It
Precision
MyAutoJack

Westpoint looked like they had a trip to the Major sewn up. They were up 8 in the bottom of the 7th against Smash It in one of the winners conference finals. Gave up 8 in the 7th, egged in the top of the 8th and lost on a walk off in the bottom of the 8th. Then lose the next game to Precision and give the last spot to SVC.

Woof

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I’m doing this from my phone, since there was only one tourney.

Next week there are 3, and one starts midweek, so we can pick B worlds, then use the trust tree for A world and utrip fall state.

Weekly Standings:
Beauner - 5
mnballer - 5
Yoke - 5
Maximus - 0
Chembry - 0
Bell - 0

Season Standings (and weeks won):
Beauner (Swing Nation) - 233 (9)
Maximus (Longhorns) - 197 (8)
Chembry (McPete's) - 192 (6)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 191 (3)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 174 (7)
Yoke (McPete's) - 171 (5)
Thelastsamurai - 120 (4)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Beauner

Starting Player
I’m doing this from my phone, since there was only one tourney.

Next week there are 3, and one starts midweek, so we can pick B worlds, then use the trust tree for A world and utrip fall state.

Weekly Standings:
Beauner - 5
mnballer - 5
Yoke - 5
Maximus - 0
Chembry - 0
Bell - 0

Maximus (Longhorns) - 197 (8)
Chembry (McPete's) - 192 (6)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 191 (3)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 174 (7)
Yoke (McPete's) - 171 (5)
Thelastsamurai - 120 (4)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

The MN HS alumni tournament is this weekend. Not sure if that is worth trying to pick. Brackets are supposed to be done Wednesday night.

My Eastview team had 0 people able to play so I got cleared to play with one of the Burnsville teams so they could have enough guys to put two teams in. My team's goal is apparently to win the beer bracket :D

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Picking the alumni tourney would be cool.

I wish I was playing in it this year. Doesn’t look like there is a Champlin Park team, but hopefully we’re back next year.

Is anyone looking for an OF for USA or utrip fall state? I’d like to get in one more tourney before the season ends.

Beauner

Starting Player
Just realized I didn't pick the alumni. Oh well. My pick (Faribault) didn't do well anyways.

When I left Lac Lavon, Tartan was playing Big Lake in the chip after knocking off Brainerd.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Got to pass on a trip to church, and there is nothing on TV but football debaters, so here we go.

A and B worlds are this week. I think B worlds starts on Wednesday, so make those picks early. Local and National picks. Utrip fall state is also this weekend.

Weekly Standings:
Yoke - 5
Maximus - 3
Bell - 3
mnballer - 1
Chembry - 1
Beauner - 0

Maximus (Longhorns) - 200 (8)
Chembry (McPete's) - 193 (6)
Bell (Silverbacks) - 194 (3)
mnballer (Dewey’s) - 175 (7)
Yoke (McPete's) - 174 (6)
Thelastsamurai - 120 (4)
TS (Longhorns) - 16

Beauner

Starting Player
A: Competitive Edge
A Local: Chanticlear

B: Silverbacks
B Local: JEC

USSSA Fall Gold: Maniax
USSSA Fall Silver: Tradition Wealth Management
(I'm on Swing Nation in silver)

Major: Smash It
AA: Thunder/Chosen

Edited for Major/AA