mlb free agency

trip

stfu
"$200MM" is subjective to the length of a deal.

the $20+MM salaried guys are pretty worth it.. cliff lee, felix, verlander, greinke, votto, a-rod's original 10/252,

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Cano has 240 million reasons to not give a **** what happens anymore. I am sure he will put forth a dynamic effort in Seattle.
Seattle better bring some more pieces in or Cano will be frustrated ad may mentally check out.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

the $20+MM salaried guys are pretty worth it.. cliff lee, felix, verlander, greinke, votto, a-rod's original 10/252,

Since it's not football and you can't just cut guys and not pay them the length of the deal does matter. Cliff Lee is an old pitcher on a team that didn't make the playoffs, Felix' team finished 25 games out, Verlander and Greinke were the second best pitchers on their teams this year. Votto isn't making 20 Mil, but his team finished behind two teams with no 200 mil contracts. The Rangers couldn't afford to surround A-Rod with good players and traded him.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans

most of these guys you mention are at the beginning of their contracts. Loooong time to go.

How about these guys?
Arod's current contract
Pujols
Hamilton
Mauer
Texeira
A-Gon
Hamels
Crawford
Johan
Ryan Howard

and not quite 20 but pretty close:
Vernon Wells
Zito
Jayson Werth

long story short = it doesn't end well

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
and the Giants just paid Lincecum 2/40.5 to suck that past 2 years (although they did have him for cheap money when he was actually good)

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
They don't care about the club, only themselves and getting paid. The Mariners are dreadful, their front office is inept and their fan base is staying away in droves. He'll stay long enough to put a few butts in the seats and they trade him at the deadline for a corndog and one of those little helmets that holds a beer on each side that you suck beer through a hose out of..........It's their way.

Thats a shame....... Be hard to root for them if thats the way theyre working it.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
If they stay the course and keep loaded up on prospects they'll be a force in a few years. I see them, the Pirates, and Cards fighting it out for first. Reds will be in last place in a few years. Mark it down.

I sure hope so......... Central will be a dog fight in a few years but the team/s to make it will be well deserved.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Thats a shame....... Be hard to root for them if thats the way theyre working it.

It's that bad........If you ever have occasion to read, "Shipwrecked: A Peoples History Of The Seattle Mariners"......You'll get physically ill at how they've treated their fans.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
Napoli back the Red Sox for 2 years 32 million

Beltran agrees to sign with Yankees for 3 years and 45 million

Last edited:

RAPTOR62

Banned User
Cano has 240 million reasons to not give a **** what happens anymore. I am sure he will put forth a dynamic effort in Seattle.
Seattle better bring some more pieces in or Cano will be frustrated ad may mentally check out.

name someone that has got a huge contract and their numbers actually go up, that's the way they role, huge money means worthless pieces of ****, glad hes gone, and the yanks are going to really suck, 2 best hitters on a mediocre lineup = bottom of the division. well they got back 1 hitter

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I think all the GMs are going to play poker or something at the winter meetings with all the free time they'll have.

stork

name someone that has got a huge contract and their numbers actually go up, that's the way they role, huge money means worthless pieces of ****, glad hes gone, and the yanks are going to really suck, 2 best hitters on a mediocre lineup = bottom of the division. well they got back 1 hitter

At least one sentence contains sarcasm in there. Can you find it? Primo will bet you $10 on it.

stork

Ba2rBHbIYAAIBWW.jpg

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Anybody else's FB getting blown up by Yankees fans crying about Canó going to the team that is paying the most money?
I have been laughing all day at those fools.

stork

They are too close to the situation. But from afar it is a high level of lulz. Tasting the other side of the rainbow.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
I always forget that the Yankees have a no facial hair policy, I almost didn't recognize cano with a beard. Who the **** tells a grown man that makes millions of dollars a year that they can't grow a beard? I imagine that clubhouse to be similar to a corporate office

I'm definitely upset that Cano left but I ain't judging him for taking the money, CREAM. However, I think he's throwing away a HOF career and the opportunity to take over the throne of king of NY when Jeter retires after this year.

I always forget that the Yankees have a no facial hair policy, I almost didn't recognize cano with a beard. Who the **** tells a grown man that makes millions of dollars a year that they can't grow a beard? I imagine that clubhouse to be similar to a corporate office

I think they should be allowed to have facial hair but nothing stupid like Wilson or the Red Sox.

Treb

Retired

an organization worth a couple billion.

Mike Brady

Gonna miss Cano, he is a solid 2b man. It's always been about the money. Its been along time now since the days of Schmidt, Brett and Rose. A franchise has to put their foot down though, if not where does it end? Even the yanks have a limit.