MLB hot stove

hrdchrgin13

I think they should make field dimensions a common size along with the center field fence to level playing fields

trip

stfu
I don't mind seeing different parks as a spectator, but playing on different fields was annoying as ****.

our home field was 355 down the left field line and 415 to center, but 295 to right.

one field in Canada was 300 all the way around with about 15' tall fences

a college in Oregon was a literal softball field with a portable pitcher's mound plopped down. second base was in the grass behind the infield.

one field I played on in Montana that also housed a single A team had no fence and ****ing trees about 350 feet out there in the outfield

hrdchrgin13

You would still have parks that have help from the wind/altitude but have them somewhat consistent. Starting with whichever Team is getting the next ball park upgrade.

I doubt the baseball nostalgic old people would condone changing the OG fields and I probably wouldn't either

Marshenko

It'd probably be really difficult to reconfigure 30 ballparks too. Like, really difficult and expensive. How are you gonna make LF in Fenway 330' ... ? Blow up Lansdowne St?

3XC

Big Truss
I don't mind seeing different parks as a spectator, but playing on different fields was annoying as ****.

our home field was 355 down the left field line and 415 to center, but 295 to right.

a college in Oregon was a literal softball field with a portable pitcher's mound plopped down. second base was in the grass behind the infield.

one field I played on in Montana that also housed a single A team had no fence and ****ing trees about 350 feet out there in the outfield

My HS had about 100 feet of fencing in RF, there was a pitching machine inside of it. Open CF with no fences that led to the lacrosse and soccer practice fields. Some trees in left with a barbed wire fence, this was a 6 foot fence so a LF jumping up to get a ball could have conceivably gotten torn up in barbed wire, never happened but still.

Complete ass cluster. And this was a private school with money.

3XC

Big Truss
Just tell their fans they're playing a series in Raqqa, they all attend more road than home games because parking at Fenway is 750 dollars.

ssf

Too tired to care
Blue Jays, Justin Smoak agree on $3.9 Million Deal

lol.

Crack Smoaking Jays.

Crack smoking Shapiro. I'm learning to hate that ****er with a passion more and more every day.

You ****er, I rooted for the Redsox in 04

Then you can't be a Cubs fan if you're rooting for another team. Those are the rules.

i'm annoyed the mariners traded Trumbo unless they're planning to go after davis.

Davis wouldn't go there unless they paid him 25% more than anyone else would.

Not as far off as you think.... Donaldson/Jose. Cruz/Davis
broke down Tulo/ aging Edwin Seager/healthy Cano

That's a ****ing retarded comparison.

trip

stfu
**** you mother****er you're supporting a team that is giving Justin smoak more than you make in like 20 years

ssf

Too tired to care
fewer than 20. Still a bargain compared to Cano. Just don't let him bat with runners in scoring position.

Marshenko

Just tell their fans they're playing a series in Raqqa, they all attend more road than home games because parking at Fenway is 750 dollars.

This is actually true - I've seen probably 3x more Red Sox games in Toronto than I have at Fenway.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
cruz needs to find some of that knee cream otherwise he's gonna drop off a cliff in 2016

CO has some cream that is getting rave reviews. It won't get you high but will probably make you fail a test though. Might as well just stick to the vicodin and become a junkie I guess.

hrdchrgin13

Thats why I said when teams upgrade to new stadiums. Grandfather the rest in but if you change parks or alter it will be to conform.

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans

let me guess...it also was used as the football/lacrosse/soccer field...my kid's HS field was like that 300 lf...430 cf...345 rf...terrible

trip

stfu
nope, it was actually a nice field. just retarded dimensions. warning track was probably 20 feet long and was gravelized lava rock. awesome stuff to run and dive on. the cf wall was the grandstands of the football field. saw one guy clear it out of the 15 years I was there, twins ended up taking him like 6th overall one year.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
SI had a little article recently showing the stadiums of the future that will trend back to multi-use single stadiums with less setting and more other stuff. If this interests you I imagine you can find it.

trip

stfu
I want a baseball team in vegas with slot machines and self-serve beer on the concourse with keno at each seat and the winning numbers announced between each half inning. one price entry and standing room only 'seating'.

trip

stfu
i'd even take some random guy walking around with a go-pro live feeding to the jumbo-tron and bag tagging the drunkards milling about. north end of the strip is being redeveloped, it'd be a better spot for a new team than ****ing Portland or montreal.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
i'm annoyed the mariners traded Trumbo unless they're planning to go after davis.

Montero can put up comparable numbers to Trumbo and get paid $650k. Davis is all or nothing at the dish and awful in the field. He might of hit 40+ HR last year, but people forget that he hit just .199 in 2014.

trip

stfu
as long as he's got Ritalin or whatever davis will be fine.

i like Montero runs like a fat 8th grade cheerleader. I don't think he'll ever get an extended look with the m's

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I see Davis as Richie ***ton 2.0 in Safeco. Montero lost a bunch of weight and is in good with the front office. I see Dipoto making a move for a 1B to atleast platoon with Montero like he plans to with Guti/Smith in LF.

trip

stfu
i'm not sure who they plan on using. word is they had about 35mm to spend after arbitration raises. 5 went to aoki and 13-15 will go to iwakuma. gives them another 20-25 to go after someone now that they unloaded with trumbo. outfield is set, 1b and the bullpen is about the only areas of improvement, pending they re-sign iwakuma.

they oughta try and make a package for votto. reds are perpetually rebuilding and he's got a huge contract. I doubt it'd take too much in terms of prospects to get him, so long as they pay most if not all his remaining salary