MLB regular season thread

3XC

Big Truss
Oh yeah, best stat:

Career WHIP: 1.064

Career innings pitched: over 1000. Sample size is significant.

Dude is an unqualified beast.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
No one said anything about a bag of balls. But no team is going to give its top 5 prospects either. Fewer and fewer stars are hitting free agency. You have to draft and develop to maintain success....or sign expensive Cubans.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
4 prospects for Sale..... Nothing wrong with that, He is making about 20 million a year less then he is worth (market) through 2019 lol

Prospects are just that.... I like them much as the next guy but it you are throwing names of all stars around with time left its going to cost.

3XC

Big Truss
4 prospects for Sale..... Nothing wrong with that, He is making about 20 million a year less then he is worth (market) through 2019 lol

Prospects are just that.... I like them much as the next guy but it you are throwing names of all stars around with time left its going to cost.
I agree. What % of baseball 1st round picks end up All Stars? Is it even 10 percent?

Five prospects for a guy who will be a Cy Young candidate every year he gets 30 starts. He could be the key to a title.

If I found out Baltimore packed off their 5 best players not currently at the MLB level and gutted AA/AAA for Sale, I wouldn't be mad. I'd be like damn, finally, they're making a legit run.

They won't, and they won't win the WS.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
McKinney and Torres two top prospects for a rent-a-chapman.... Hopefully they end up being Brett Jackson and Josh Vitters.

Atleast they didn't get Happ or Jimenez.

3XC

Big Truss
McKinney and Torres two top prospects for a rent-a-chapman.... Hopefully they end up being Brett Jackson and Josh Vitters.

Atleast they didn't get Happ or Jimenez.

Cubs fans on MLB.com message boards dumping on Theo. Are you kidding me? Dude makes moves to win the WS in a year when the Cubs have a VERY realistic shot, and they're crapping on the GM that traded an irregularly shaped booger for the NL Cy winner.

Some sports fans, I tell you. A solid 20% of sports fans shouldn't be allowed to discuss sports, in person or online. They should have shock collars or something.

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
Thats a haul. Profar was supposed to be the shiznit, and Gallo too.
Yes little too rich. Profar has shown very well in his limited sample size. He has also shown Kris Bryant like versatility in being able to play every infield position and has been working out in the outfield. But he wants to be an every day shortstop. Gallo is like Chris Davis. When he connects he connects. When he doesnt though its a K.

ntz

tricknollegy
good i hope the yankees dump miller, beltran, and betances too. i'd be in total sell mode, dealing days, everything must go.

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
supposedly Miller is not going anywhere. I hate the arrogance of the Yankees though. Basically said chapman can go and they will just resign him next offseason

Why did they get a shortstop though? I thought they were happy with Didi?

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Cubs fans on MLB.com message boards dumping on Theo. Are you kidding me? Dude makes moves to win the WS in a year when the Cubs have a VERY realistic shot, and they're crapping on the GM that traded an irregularly shaped booger for the NL Cy winner.

Some sports fans, I tell you. A solid 20% of sports fans shouldn't be allowed to discuss sports, in person or online. They should have shock collars or something.
Yeah, Just think if something for Schwarber came along.... I'm a huge fan but he will never be a catcher, He is a LF with a possible bum knee in a crowed OF on a team with multiple utility players in the NL. Would be a awesome DH/1B in the AL though.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Torres is a couple years away. Isn't he 19 in Single A? I don't know why the Yanks don't get rid of Miller. I guess they need an ace reliever to close out those 75 win teams in 2017 and 2018.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I would sign some ****bum retread closer for like $2 million. Jason Grilli, Jim Johnson, Drew Storen etc.

ntz

tricknollegy
that's what i'm saying, there's nothing worse than an 81 win team. it gets you nothing. get rid of all three, there's no point in having an all star closer if there's nothing worth closing

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
supposedly Miller is not going anywhere. I hate the arrogance of the Yankees though. Basically said chapman can go and they will just resign him next offseason

Why did they get a shortstop though? I thought they were happy with Didi?
didnt do this without talking extension first, If they wanted Miller they would have got him.
Torres is a couple years away. Isn't he 19 in Single A? I don't know why the Yanks don't get rid of Miller. I guess they need an ace reliever to close out those 75 win teams in 2017 and 2018.
I think he will be a very good player, Yep 19... Yankees did well and if theres not a extension for Chapman I almost would have rather seen more for Miller.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
that's what i'm saying, there's nothing worse than an 81 win team. it gets you nothing. get rid of all three, there's no point in having an all star closer if there's nothing worth closing

They will get a big return now with Chapman out of the way.... Miller is gone. Maybe Indians sneek in this...

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
the SJW chicago sports journalists are comig otu of the woodwork livid with theo for bringing in a wife beater. Its bananas right now.

but yeah people are growing tired of theo building a WS team. its so stupid. the problem is schwarber is build for the AL...Theo knows this....he will trade him eventually and cub fandom dopes will explode with anger.

3XC

Big Truss
Hope the Cubs lose the WS to the Orioles and Arrieta picks up a couple Ls.

Would be lovely.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
the SJW chicago sports journalists are comig otu of the woodwork livid with theo for bringing in a wife beater. Its bananas right now.

but yeah people are growing tired of theo building a WS team. its so stupid. the problem is schwarber is build for the AL...Theo knows this....he will trade him eventually and cub fandom dopes will explode with anger.
He would love to be in Ohio and I would love to have Carrasco or Salazar.... If we didn't have Rizzo I would feel different.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish the Red Sox could undo the Rizzo for Adrian Gonzalez trade.

The Astros should offer Bregman or Correa for sale. Rumor has it Bregman is pushing Correa to 3rd next year. They just signed that Cuban dude too, who is an infielder and supposedly like the best Cuban hitter ever. I think he legit hit .500 a couple years ago in the Cuban league.

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
I wish the Red Sox could undo the Rizzo for Adrian Gonzalez trade.

The Astros should offer Bregman or Correa for sale. Rumor has it Bregman is pushing Correa to 3rd next year. They just signed that Cuban dude too, who is an infielder and supposedly like the best Cuban hitter ever. I think he legit hit .500 a couple years ago in the Cuban league.
That guy is also 33 which in cuban years is probably 36, Bee

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
Also why would bergman move Correa over when they just called Bergman up and he will be playing third this year? I dont see Correa moving anywhere.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Bregman is supposedly a better fielder. It looks like he is going to play some 3b and maybe OF this year.They wouldn't switch until next spring. This is what Keith Law says so take it for what it is worth. One of Bregman or Gurriel has to go to the OF though.

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
Well considering what the Astros are getting out of their 16M man Rasmus it appears that left field and third base are holes to be filled