MLB Trade Deadline

trip

stfu
somehow the mariners parlayed a guy that's road blocked by cano into austin jackson. his stats don't really make me feel too great about that. nick franklin is going to be good.

Hambo

Starting Player
The only really good reason that I can think of unloading Craig is financials...

They have potentially big contracts for Adams and Wacha on the horizon and they are also probably thinking about Taveras (which he has basically shown nothing...)

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Craig is 30 and has never played 135 games in a major league season to date. Last year was an extreme outlier season for Craig. You just don't maintain that kind of avg with risk over a career.

Also if you're judging a prospect based purely on his first 100 sporadically placed at bats I don't know what to tell you. You probably would have traded Mike Trout away after his first year and kept Torii Hunter.

J187

Welcome to Good Burger
The Detroit Tigers are now holding the last 3 MVP winners (Cabrera twice) AND the last 3 Cy Young winners.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
somehow the mariners parlayed a guy that's road blocked by cano into austin jackson. his stats don't really make me feel too great about that. nick franklin is going to be good.

he doesnt blow you away at the plate but he will run down some crazy **** in center.

Hambo

Starting Player
Also if you're judging a prospect based purely on his first 100 sporadically placed at bats I don't know what to tell you. You probably would have traded Mike Trout away after his first year and kept Torii Hunter.

If I gave you the impression that I have made any conclusions about the type of career Taveras will have, I'm sorry. That isn't what I was saying.

I do think it is fair to say that he hasn't lived up to the hype of being "the next Albert Pujols"... Which I thought was ridiculous to say in the first place.

That being said Puig and Abreu both had a pretty impressive first 100 at bats...

Joker

Craig is 30 and has never played 135 games in a major league season to date. Last year was an extreme outlier season for Craig. You just don't maintain that kind of avg with risk over a career.

i would have kept torii and not signed hamilton

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
If I'm a MLB GM and Dave Dimbrowski comes to talk trade, I'm covering my bunghole and never turning my back.

3XC

Big Truss
So are the Orioles the prohibitive favorite to win the AL East? Everyone else was a seller.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
If I gave you the impression that I have made any conclusions about the type of career Taveras will have, I'm sorry. That isn't what I was saying.

I do think it is fair to say that he hasn't lived up to the hype of being "the next Albert Pujols"... Which I thought was ridiculous to say in the first place.

That being said Puig and Abreu both had a pretty impressive first 100 at bats...
He was never called "the next Albert Pujols". Mozeliak said that he was the best Cardinals hitting prospect since Pujols.

i would have kept torii and not signed hamilton

Couldn't agree more.

ssf

Too tired to care
probably, jays might make it interesting but everyone else is ****

I still don't believe in the jays. They are perfectly capable of ****ting the bed and getting swept by the astros this weekend. Their bullpen is wonky, they're missing Encarnacion, Lawrie and Lind (kills righties) for the last month and still no timetable for return, and you're never sure what you'll get from their SPs on any given night

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The biggest loser in this all was the Phillies. That team should have been blown up at the 2012 trade deadline.

This is what fans have to look forward to next year besides 90+ losses.

Utley 36, 15 mil
Howard 35, 35 mil
Rollins 36, 11 mil
Ruiz 36, 8.5 mil
Byrd 38, 8 mil
Burnett 38, 15 mil
Lee 37, 25 mil
Papelbon 34, 13 mil

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Craig is just the same batting avg minus the intangibles. Sorry to see Gomes go. But at least they are both on my mistress A's.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Long term, the Price trade likely means Scherzer will be allowed to walk after the season.

Coincidentally, he is from Missouri...

skew12

The biggest loser in this all was the Phillies. That team should have been blown up at the 2012 trade deadline.

This is what fans have to look forward to next year besides 90+ losses.

Utley 36, 15 mil
Howard 35, 35 mil
Rollins 36, 11 mil
Ruiz 36, 8.5 mil
Byrd 38, 8 mil
Burnett 38, 15 mil
Lee 37, 25 mil
Papelbon 34, 13 mil
God that looks so bad.

Marshenko

2012 didn't happen?

He's basically played 3 total seasons now worth of games, 2 of which were good, one was terrible. Why would 2013 be the outlier when it was basically identical to half of 2011 and 2/3 of 2012?

I'm not saying he's anything special but that doesn't make too much sense. He could easily put together 2-3 decent seasons. Probably will suck Chad Tracy style.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
He's a cardinals fan grasping at straws, that's why. Guarantee u that before the season started he thought Craig was untouchable.