Mods

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Why do mods just up and delete people's (my) post and leave a vague short meaningless comment? Please explain if you are a mod. Message said "fix link in next thread or add to thread" What was wrong with the link? Why not shoot out a pm or a warning and give me some time to fix the issue instead of quick deletion and no clear instructions on how to fix it?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Multiple guys posted that your link didn't work. Threads with no pics and no name and date in pics get deleted. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

wcoastsoftball

First off, replica sales are not allowed per board rules. Secondly, if one can't take the time to make sure the thread is on the up and up, why should the mods take their time to PM the member? Just put up a working thread.

RustyShakleford

This guy is a multiple state and national C & D champion 4-5 years ago. Do not question his threads. He demands your respect.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Mods have to cover a lot of ground, users only have to cover their ground. I have seen where they have pm'd members on issues, but maybe it was just when they had the time at that moment. Figure it out, stop being a victim. If it's the worst thing that happens to you today, you'll be fine.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Lmao rusty naw man I just wanted to make it right so I could post on here. The note didn't make any sense to me. Not discounting that is was wrong or didn't work. When I previewed the post I clicked on the link and my pic popped up so I thought it was all good. I'm just saying it would be nice to get a heads up instead of a quick deletion and vague note on it. Not saying my life is over because of this incident. Was just a question because I was unclear of why it was deleted. I got my answer.

stork

Sometimes your links work on your side but not elsewhere. Could be a privacy setting or something.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
1) Why do mods just up and delete people's (my) post and leave a vague short meaningless comment?

2) Why not shoot out a pm or a warning and give me some time to fix the issue instead of quick deletion and no clear instructions on how to fix it?

1) If I delete something I always make sure and put a reason why the post was deleted. If you ever see a post that has been deleted with no reason next to it, that is because there was probably something wrong with the post that was a rule violation. In which case the user is notified of the issue so it won't happen again. If someone posts a NIW exclusive and I delete it and say "No NIW exclusives", then it's blatantly obvious what I deleted the thread for. By doing that it leaves an open window of opportunity for someone to PM the user and make a deal via PM which would completely defeat the purpose of me deleting the thread.

2) In my experience, this falls under the same category of the guys who say "will post pics when I get home". You PM them telling them they need to fix their thread then you get the typical "cool, I'll fix it asap" and they just keep bumping the thread for 2 or 3 days without ever resolving the issue. We can't cater to every person's wants and needs when it comes to stuff like that. There are some people that will PM me and say "All you had to do was ask and I would have fixed it". Sure, maybe you would have. But how can I know that you aren't going to give me the same line of BS that 99% of the rest of the members here would?

While on topic of things that Mod's do to make people mad, let's touch on the things that get threads deleted in the selling forum. I delete someone's post for something and then I get a PM saying "The post right under mine had the same issue but you didn't delete it. WTF bro insert derogatory comments about me as a person or how bad of a moderator I am" The simple response I give is use the report function because we can't see everything (which is 100% true) and it just stems another fit of rage and derogatory comments.

It's impossible to win with some people. If you want things to be easier for you then lead by example and people will follow, making life easier on everyone. Posting things like this does not help your cause. Why drag the whole moderation staff into this because something upset you? A simple PM to whoever deleted the thread would have sufficed. I expected better from the guy who says real men don't edit their BP vids, but then complains like a child when something doesn't go their way on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I used to get that on a gun forum where I was a Mod. "You could have sent me a message instead of deleting my post and making me look like bad, you jerkface Hitler, I thought this was America!" No. Mods do not have time or inclination to set up a lengthy PM discussion with everyone who needs a post edited or deleted, and then hope you do what they politely ask. It's nothing personal, and the reason was given. Fix the problem and go on with your life.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to get that on a gun forum where I was a Mod. "You could have sent me a message instead of deleting my post and making me look like bad, you jerkface Hitler, I thought this was America!" No. Mods do not have time or inclination to set up a lengthy PM discussion with everyone who needs a post edited or deleted, and then hope you do what they politely ask. It's nothing personal, and the reason was given. Fix the problem and go on with your life.

If I hadn't sent you those beer tokens a while back, I'd buy you a beer sometime :D

wcoastsoftball

Lmao rusty naw man I just wanted to make it right so I could post on here. The note didn't make any sense to me. Not discounting that is was wrong or didn't work. When I previewed the post I clicked on the link and my pic popped up so I thought it was all good. I'm just saying it would be nice to get a heads up instead of a quick deletion and vague note on it. Not saying my life is over because of this incident. Was just a question because I was unclear of why it was deleted. I got my answer.

Well, here is the message. Replicas are not allowed to be sold (which I didn't realize until I went back and checked once you posted this thread), I think this was for replica Oakleys, correct? There was one or two people who replied that the links didn't work. I don't know if you were online since they had posted, but I wasn't the only one with the issues. But instead of posting this thread, you could have started a new selling thread...assuming the items are allowed to be sold here.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, here is the message. Replicas are not allowed to be sold (which I didn't realize until I went back and checked once you posted this thread), I think this was for replica Oakleys, correct? There was one or two people who replied that the links didn't work. I don't know if you were online since they had posted, but I wasn't the only one with the issues. But instead of posting this thread, you could have started a new selling thread...assuming the items are allowed to be sold here.

I had seen replica oakleys in here a lot of times. So I didn't think there was an issue. Honestly was just confused on why it was deleted as it didn't say anything about the pics. And I hadn't been online since I posted. I get it now that there was a legitimate description of why my post was deleted.

Just out of curiosity why are replicas not allowed to be sold?

wcoastsoftball

I think there was an issue a few years ago of a guy using this as his business outlet, and the issue of guys selling replicas as actual models, which can still happen obviously, could be Michigan law too???

stork

They only have a couple sunglasses for sale and neither are Oakleys.