Monsta Bats Forgiveness

wpDUCK

I have hit with a couple of Monsta bats, have liked them both, and am now trying to decide which one(s) to try to find. My questions are mainly about what part of the Monsta bats (what tech) makes a difference in making one Monsta bat more forgiving then another. Is it the handle stiffness, 1 or 2 piece, the load (balanced, mid or end), the barrel tech (I am only looking at M2s and M5s), length of barrel (are all or most Monstas the same barrel length?)... or a combination of some of these and/or other factors? Or are the way the Monstas are put together make it so the range of forgiveness from the most forgiving to the least forgiving of them is small? Thanks ahead for your opinions and advice!

OG_WhenPigsFly

All Pigs Run
I can’t see different handles or balance making the bat any more or less forgiving but I could be clueless. I’ve swung m2 sinister, and have owned m2 torch and m5 laser (fallout), my opinion is they’ve all been similar in the forgiveness department but the 2 pieces have the same handle. If I hit any near the handle it’s not amazing and horrible hand feedback, actually one of the reasons I got rid of the Torch. From my understanding M2 and M5 are the same tech but the graphics are applied differently, I think M5 is a wrap for the graphics design. The barrels are 12.5” on both, the new tech coming out (ASP) from them soon is a smaller barrel, 11” I believe. I think you’ll have the best results matching the handle to what speed you swing, the feedback you want and getting a balance you like to hold/swing, personally the midload on a Torch feels like a log to me and my wife’s m5 Fallout is better to swing for my preference but I probably enjoyed swinging the M2 sinister the best

I think you can get better info on the “Monsta Athletics Fan Page” group on Facebook to guide your bat purchase.

wpDUCK

I can’t see different handles or balance making the bat any more or less forgiving but I could be clueless. I’ve swung m2 sinister, and have owned m2 torch and m5 laser (fallout), my opinion is they’ve all been similar in the forgiveness department but the 2 pieces have the same handle. If I hit any near the handle it’s not amazing and horrible hand feedback, actually one of the reasons I got rid of the Torch. From my understanding M2 and M5 are the same tech but the graphics are applied differently, I think M5 is a wrap for the graphics design. The barrels are 12.5” on both, the new tech coming out (ASP) from them soon is a smaller barrel, 11” I believe. I think you’ll have the best results matching the handle to what speed you swing, the feedback you want and getting a balance you like to hold/swing, personally the midload on a Torch feels like a log to me and my wife’s m5 Fallout is better to swing for my preference but I probably enjoyed swinging the M2 sinister the best

I think you can get better info on the “Monsta Athletics Fan Page” group on Facebook to guide your bat purchase.
Thank you very much for your input! Have a great day!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Monsta performance is crazy, but I have yet to have one go more than a couple of hundred swing.......... Their durability is questioned by me.

I've seen guys use Monstas in ASA that last years. As long as you only hit .52 300s with them they seem to last a long time.

USSSA Monstas I don't know as much about.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen guys use Monstas in ASA that last years. As long as you only hit .52 300s with them they seem to last a long time.

USSSA Monstas I don't know as much about.
I was on the fence about getting the USSSA Kinetik but ultimately passed when they were like 6 months overdue. I went with the Demarini Nautalai. This past weekend my Nautalai tested at 260ish. A teammates Kinetik tested a touch higher. The Kinetik was noticeably hotter. I didn't like the Fulcrum, but for USSSA, the Kinetik delivers every bit as much as their USA stuff

basilray

RE: M2 vs M5

They are the exact same thing. The only difference is how the graphics are applied.

Find the right combination of 1pc or 2pc, handle flex, loading, and weighting, and swing away.

Advice you didn't ask for:
-Don't overpay for a Monsta just because someone told you "nothing is better"
-Don't expect a pre-order from Monsta to be in hand ANYWHERE close to the proposed date
-Every manufacturer makes at least 1 great USA and UTrip bat - there are plenty of options that are easier to get from companies that will also apply a warranty at no additional cost to you: Worth Krecher, Miken DC-41, Demarnini Flipper, etc etc etc

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
RE: M2 vs M5

They are the exact same thing. The only difference is how the graphics are applied.

Find the right combination of 1pc or 2pc, handle flex, loading, and weighting, and swing away.

Advice you didn't ask for:
-Don't overpay for a Monsta just because someone told you "nothing is better"
-Don't expect a pre-order from Monsta to be in hand ANYWHERE close to the proposed date
-Every manufacturer makes at least 1 great USA and UTrip bat - there are plenty of options that are easier to get from companies that will also apply a warranty at no additional cost to you: Worth Krecher, Miken DC-41, Demarnini Flipper, etc etc etc

Honestly, I feel like guys could spare themselves the trouble and just get an Anarchy ASA or USSSA bat. They're (far) cheaper than Monsta, easier to find, and perform every bit as well. In fact, Anarchy ASA bats are some of the hottest things I've ever seen.

Protectyaneck

Honestly, I feel like guys could spare themselves the trouble and just get an Anarchy ASA or USSSA bat. They're (far) cheaper than Monsta, easier to find, and perform every bit as well. In fact, Anarchy ASA bats are some of the hottest things I've ever seen.
There is an element of truth to this. You do have to add the caveat that you have to apply some elbow grease and bp the holy hell out of it. I have a cannon awakening(1pc, .5oz) that i have relentlessly put swings on. Recently tested a tick under 1200. It is bonkers hot. If we're out of HRs, it goes back in the bag.

But nobody does this anymore, instant gratification, yadda yadda. Monstas and Krechers for all!

ShortYellowBus

I’ve said it many times: monsta is a thin walled bat with a restrictor inside known as a fib. They advertise the fib as a performance enhancing tool, but it’s simply a pvc pipe cut into a 3 inch piece and taped to the end cap using foam similar to pool noodles.

If you want optimal results, swing soft enough to hear the fib bounce back. If you swing too hard, the fib hits the other side of the barrel and the whole bat will break.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I’ve said it many times: monsta is a thin walled bat with a restrictor inside known as a fib. They advertise the fib as a performance enhancing tool, but it’s simply a pvc pipe cut into a 3 inch piece and taped to the end cap using foam similar to pool noodles.

If you want optimal results, swing soft enough to hear the fib bounce back. If you swing too hard, the fib hits the other side of the barrel and the whole bat will break.

Could be why I've never liked Monstas. I swing HARD, and every time I swing a Monsta the bat sounds (and feels) like it's breaking into pieces. Performance is also mediocre. Lots of knuckleballs.