Monsta DNA or Torch?

Usner21

#21 In Your Programs
So I have two Monsta bats. One is a NIW 26oz Monsta DNA stiff handle and the second is a NIW 26oz Monsta Torch stiff handle. I am looking for feedback on which to keep and which to sell? It has been too cold to hit the Torch but I have swung the DNA's many times.

Just curious on the performance difference between the two if any? I know the Torch will fail compression eventually but not taking that into account is one better than the other performance wise?

moty0901

Starting Player
The Torch breaks in quicker but both bats swing similarly. The Torch just feels a little lighter. I'd keep both. :)

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Personally I'd ditch both because I have no respect for Carl or his company. But if you're going to keep one I would say the DNA because it will not fail compression until it breaks where the Torch will in 800-1500 according to Monsta.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Also depends of you like flex or stiff handles. The "stiff" DNA has jst as much flex as the Insane where the Torch is supposed to actually be stiff

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
You can only hit 52/300 balls and softer with the Torch where the DNA can handle 40/275 balls plus the the 52s. The leagues around me only use 40/275 so that is why I stayed away from the Torch and the Bombardier. Also as stated the DNA will never fail compression where at some point the Torch will.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
The .02 mph gain with the Torch definitely wasn't worth the sacrifice in durability

Usner21

#21 In Your Programs
Thanks fellas I have been very tempted to take the wrapper off the Torch and swing it but I guess I will sell it and hang on to the DNA.