Monsta ignite Asa (empire sports) or monsta clack addict Asa

roland365

GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER
Don’t know much about them as far as durability or performance. I’m getting back into playing so any help is appreciated . Thanks in advance

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
In my opinion Monsta is the king of ASA right now. Durability isn't an issue if you're not a big power guy and only hit .52s.

I umpired a charity tournament about 2 months ago and there was one team that was just passing around a Clack all day. Like 8 of their guys were swinging it. It was fire! In the 3 games I had them alone I saw that bat get probably 100 swings in 50 degree weather. It lived to mash another day.

basilray

The difference between the two should be minimal:

M2 and M5 are effectively the same, and the difference is how the graphics are applied to the bat. Some people will tell you that M2 is sooooooooo much better, but it's the same composite.

I would not pay a penny over MSRP for either, and don't even love the MSRP price for the Ignite. There's really not much difference between most of the Monsta bats produced over the last few years - the composite is the same, and then it comes down to weighting and whether you want a 1pc or 2pc. Plenty of options at $200 or less around the FB groups.

I would also not overlook a DeMarini Flipper/Nihlist/Whatever they're calling it these days or a Worth Krecher or the newer Pure ASA stuff. While Monsta is the popular option, let's not believe it's the ONLY option.

roland365

GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER
The ignite is 150 and fairly new.
Clack is same price as well.

Do they still allow the Asa ultras? He also had a 2016 DC41 but idk anything about that either. Just trying to get some cheap bats to start out again

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
The ignite is 150 and fairly new.
Clack is same price as well.

Do they still allow the Asa ultras? He also had a 2016 DC41 but idk anything about that either. Just trying to get some cheap bats to start out again
I don't know of anyplace where you could swing an Ultra. As far as the DC41, I would pass on that and go with just about anything newer. Can't go wrong with the Ignite or Clack for $150. @UncleMosk is a batwhore that would have more insight than me.

basilray

If you're getting either for $150, do it

It was just suggested the other day a pretty mint Clack addict was worth $300+ on one of the Monsta buy/sell groups.

UncleMosk

I don't know of anyplace where you could swing an Ultra. As far as the DC41, I would pass on that and go with just about anything newer. Can't go wrong with the Ignite or Clack for $150. @UncleMosk is a batwhore that would have more insight than me.
For 150 they are a steal. Get it!

roland365

GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER
Monsta guy flaked out hasn’t returned my calls. Got 2 bats for 100 dc41 and Easton helmer 4.0
I’ve heard good and bad but I’ll be playing in the cold so I figure I can use these in the meantime.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Monsta guy flaked out hasn’t returned my calls. Got 2 bats for 100 dc41 and Easton helmer 4.0
I’ve heard good and bad but I’ll be playing in the cold so I figure I can use these in the meantime.
Monsta guy probably read this thread. He'll get back to you when he decides to balls up and lyk he wants double the original amount he was asking for it. 😂

roland365

GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER
Monsta guy probably read this thread. He'll get back to you when he decides to balls up and lyk he wants double the original amount he was asking for p
You probably right. I didn’t want to risk breaking it anyway. I’m dipping my toe into going back so I think the 2 I got for a hundred is good for now

sun5150

Whats up roland?!?! What color is the DC 41 you picked up. I have a black with green model. Still hitting good for the once a week I play.