Most durable .52/300 ball

Good morning, everyone; what are your thoughts, or opinions on the most durable .52/300 ball? I'm getting ready to buy more, and would love some that will hold up to the Iowa humidity. Thank you! Christian

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
If your plan is to use them for reviews, then yes the Evil BP 52 is your best choice as its the only 52-300 ball designed for long term BP use with todays bats.

Last edited:

Dan411

Star Player
Good morning, everyone; what are your thoughts, or opinions on the most durable .52/300 ball? I'm getting ready to buy more, and would love some that will hold up to the Iowa humidity. Thank you! Christian
Hi Christian. Fan of your videos by the way. Evil makes a good product, and those 52+ are nice year-round...BUT that's not my recommendation. You really need to look into the Tattoo NX3 one-piece balls. Super durable, waterproof, and reliable performance no matter the weather. Ultimately it would be interesting to compare the two, but nobody can honestly say the NX3's won't outlast any other traditional ball.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
Hi Christian. Fan of your videos by the way. Evil makes a good product, and those 52+ are nice year-round...BUT that's not my recommendation. You really need to look into the Tattoo NX3 one-piece balls. Super durable, waterproof, and reliable performance no matter the weather. Ultimately it would be interesting to compare the two, but nobody can honestly say the NX3's won't outlast any other traditional ball.

I second the NX3 52/500. have a few dozen my team has been using for the past year. I would say each ball has close to 3-400 cuts on them, and they still look and hit like new. no traditional ball will be able to hold up to the one-piece balls.

Last edited:

Dan411

Star Player
I second the NX3 52/500. have a few dozen my team has been using for the past year. I would say each ball has close to 3-400 cuts on them, and they still look and hit like new. no traditional ball will be able to hold up to the one-piece balls.
Yep! I just bought another dozen for the spring season, but unless we start losing them over the fence, we really didn't need that many.

kratos1981

Ive been using the NX3 BP ball and the Evil BP52+ for a few days now and really like both balls. Many aspects of both balls seem very similar. The distance seems the same on both balls but I love the grip on the NX3 ball better than any ball on the market. It has a really tacky feel and very low raised area where the stitching would be since its a one piece ball. I can't really comment on durability yet since I haven't been using them that long but all the balls are still in perfect condition.

Thank you; I greatly appreciate that! By the way, YOU HAD ME AT WATERPROOF!!!

Ive been using the NX3 BP ball and the Evil BP52+ for a few days now and really like both balls. Many aspects of both balls seem very similar. The distance seems the same on both balls but I love the grip on the NX3 ball better than any ball on the market. It has a really tacky feel and very low raised area where the stitching would be since its a one piece ball. I can't really comment on durability yet since I haven't been using them that long but all the balls are still in perfect condition.
Great input; thank you very much!

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
NX3s for me. I have both and BP with both. The NX3 are older. EASILY over 500 hits on them (probably closer to 1,000 but I'm trying to be conservative on my estimate) and they are a little dirty but that's it. I haven't tried to wash them and haven't soaked them to test the waterproof, but they are ridiculously durable. Another odd problem I had with the Evils that I didn't have with the NX3s is we have poor lighting on a few local fields and outfielders were having problems picking up the BP52s because the orange was harder to see than an all yellow ball. In the daytime, the two tone ball is interesting because you can see the spin on the ball a little better.

With as many hits as I have on the NX3s, they still fly well too. No cover to get discolored or torn. They are tacky, even after wear so pitching them to me seems easier.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Another for NX3, they're incredibly durable and don't get waterlogged. I still have and hit some that were the original prototypes, going strong.

53ksm

Manager
I'll hit NX3's until they get waterlogged, the covers or seams rip open or they go out of round. Our league supplies game balls so I just use them for bp. If anyone wants 4 dozen 52's so I can buy the 52 practice balls let me know.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
I bought a dozen Evil .52s in February and already have one with the cover stitching coming completely undone. I have had the NX3's since last August and other than being dirty they are still in great shape and still fly well. The NX3's are easily the most durable softballs I've used and I've used four or five types of .52s

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Tattoo, Evil, and Dudley all make great softballs, the 3 best standard softball manufactures I've purchased from, and I don't feel like I'm giving up anything between them. The NX3 is a different animal and the construction makes it a better ball in my experience and the only ball I'll spend my money on going forward.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Chiming in on the NX3 for sure. 2 years running, have hit them in the creek behind the field I BP at, and no signs of slowing down. There are no "seams" to break, only thing that happens is you will get chunks taken out of them if they hit the top of the fence or mi**** badly off the endcap.