Most embarrassing moment

Dragon Cowboy

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright... I hadn't played ball in 3 years but I came out of retirement last night. I'm not a great player but could hold my own before I took my little hiatus. I'm in the two spot, lead-off batter walks and I get to the plate where it's already 1-1. I foul off the first pitch and proceed to get rung up on the third strike (it was definitely high and deep but...). My first at bat after three years and I strike out. It was embarrassing and humbling. At least it wasn't swinging.

What's your most embarrassing softball moment?

Last edited:

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Hitting a line drive in the LC gap in the first game of the day and slipping and falling on first base as I tried to go to second. When I stood up, I realized the ball had gone over the fence, and it was an inning ending out and offensive ejection - my first ever.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Work coed league a few years back. A 20 something very hot intern hits a decent shot into right field and as she is running to 2nd base her sweatpants come undone, drop down to her knees & she's wearing a very nice hot pink G-string. Right fielder throws the ball in & hits me square in the back & rolls about 20 ft back to the outfield. Girl starts running to 3rd holding on to them as they keep falling below her ass. Our 2nd baseman (a girl) had to run out & get the ball, inside the park homerun! Best hit I have ever seen in my life.

Joker

runner on 1st, i hit a ground ball to 3rd and ran hard through 1st. heard the ump yell "out" and i walked to the dugout on the 1st base side. takes everyone, including my team and the ump, a minute until after the pitcher throws the next pitch that the out was at 2nd and we had no one on base when i should have been on 1st. runner out at 2nd went over to coach 3rd base and no one noticed it. i get called out

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll play, although mine wasn't very embarrassing, more funny. I still laugh about it to this day :D

Runner on 2nd one out and I had just singled moving the runner (my Dad) to 3rd. The catcher was pretty crappy for the other team, so I called the ol, "I'm going to steal to bait a throw while you go home" the 3B coach received said sign, and let the guy know coming to the plate to take one. Pitch comes in, it bounces to the side of the plate, and I take off, kinda fast, but I slow my roll making sure I get noticed. I do, and I'm probably 1/4 of the way to 2nd when the throw comes in to the 2b. he starts running at me, so I stop, and slowly start to retreat, he throws it to 1b, and I go towards 2nd......all while my Dad is standing on 3rd watching me. I yell "Hey Dad, you think you might want to go home?" while laughing. So, back and forth about 6 times, I decide I'm just going to go for 2b. I generally slide feet first, but for whatever reason, I slid headfirst this time. I started my dive about 8' away from the bag. I hit the ground, and didn't slide, at all. I faceplanted and my feet/legs proceeded to come up over my head like a scorpion :D I was tagged out about 5' away from the bag.

The only thing I could think about was this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iZr7UyQ4Co[/ame]

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
When my shorts droop down and people notice my diapers. Boy, that sure is embarrassing.

slick303

B(.)(.)BS
I'll play, although mine wasn't very embarrassing, more funny. I still laugh about it to this day :D

Runner on 2nd one out and I had just singled moving the runner (my Dad) to 3rd. The catcher was pretty crappy for the other team, so I called the ol, "I'm going to steal to bait a throw while you go home" the 3B coach received said sign, and let the guy know coming to the plate to take one. Pitch comes in, it bounces to the side of the plate, and I take off, kinda fast, but I slow my roll making sure I get noticed. I do, and I'm probably 1/4 of the way to 2nd when the throw comes in to the 2b. he starts running at me, so I stop, and slowly start to retreat, he throws it to 1b, and I go towards 2nd......all while my Dad is standing on 3rd watching me. I yell "Hey Dad, you think you might want to go home?" while laughing. So, back and forth about 6 times, I decide I'm just going to go for 2b. I generally slide feet first, but for whatever reason, I slid headfirst this time. I started my dive about 8' away from the bag. I hit the ground, and didn't slide, at all. I faceplanted and my feet/legs proceeded to come up over my head like a scorpion :D I was tagged out about 5' away from the bag.

The only thing I could think about was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iZr7UyQ4Co

My most embarrassing moment in softball was the time I started flashing steal signs in a slowpitch game expecting anyone else to understand them.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
My most embarrassing moment in softball was the time I started flashing steal signs in a slowpitch game expecting anyone else to understand them.

It's more of a joke than anything. Think Kent murphy's episode on 3b coach kinda signs. They can get pretty elaborate

iz_2

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright... I hadn't played ball in 3 years but I came out of retirement last night. I'm not a great player but could hold my own before I took my little hiatus. I'm in the two spot, lead-off batter walks and I get to the plate where it's already 1-1. I foul off the first pitch and proceed to get rung up on the third strike (it was definitely high and deep but...). My first at bat after three years and I strike out. It was embarrassing and humbling. At least it wasn't swinging.

What's your most embarrassing softball moment?

At least you have a excuse cause you haven't played. I struck out in the championship game against laser vision week ago on ESPN 3. After the game my dad sent me a smart ass text asking me if the pitch was just a little to much to handle. lol. talk about humbling.. hahaha.

iz_2

Addicted to Softballfans
It's more of a joke than anything. Think Kent murphy's episode on 3b coach kinda signs. They can get pretty elaborate

He only has one sign.. The "dinger" sign.. Hes a funny ****er. I did his first slow pitch dinger derby video last weekend. Its going to be out in 2 weeks and should be pretty funny.

Joker

playing co-ed, i'm pitching. batter comes up and i start to say "hey you can't bat 2 guys back to......" and stopped when i realized it was a girl

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
On my follow through, my left hand takes the bat all the way around and it ends up between my legs. Not noticing this I begin running to first but only get half a step before I trip over said bat between my legs and fall flat on my face.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
two years ago in league playoffs. we're playing for 3rd or 4th place. 2 outs, man on 2nd and 3rd base. we are down by 1 run and im up to bat. i smash a hard laser to RC. short hops the RC and he throws a rocket and gets me out at 1st from the OF. we lose.

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
playing co-ed, i'm pitching. batter comes up and i start to say "hey you can't bat 2 guys back to......" and stopped when i realized it was a girl

One time I thought I threw "him" the wrong ball once and then when my left fielder who is a girl picks up the grounder she belts out thats a girls ball, wait thats a girl?

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I've never struck out swinging or looking but I have missed a routine pop up once or twice. Missing that has been my #1 until tonight. League ball game, we're up 17-6 going into the bottom of the 7th, 2 guys leave to head to their coed game thinking we had it in the bag. We had to forfeit due to only having 8 guys left. Their next game was 5 minutes away and they wouldnt(couldn't) stay. They knew going in we had two guys missing so we were barebones.
We''d been on a three game roll beating two of the best teams in our division and this totally deflated us. I'm fairly certain there will be a lineup change next week.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
my first year playing, thought I could hit anything, no discipline at all. That basebal mentality, big grapefruit 10 mph, so easy yada yada, just see ball hit ball. like anywhere. over my head, bouncing, dgaf, i can and will crush this. kind of like an idiots badge of honor, let me show these fools how easy this is.

anyway I come up, two outs, two on. foul one off so I got two strikes, and instead of thinking rational thoughts like "anything close", "hit it where it's pitched", "square it up" etc. i'm thinking "gotta be a hr right here, this pitch". don't ask why. So the pitcher throws one about 2 feet short of the plate, but I'm already committed to swinging like it was utterly impossible that I could take a ball here and just take a hack at the next one. my thinking (seriously) was, "I've smashed balls off the bounce in BP, wait til these clowns see me take one off a bounce and blast it over the fence anyway!! derp"

except I forgot to remember (or notice) that it was still early spring and this field had soft dirt, not hard dirt. so it didn't really bounce back up. dang. I just swung out of my ass and whiffed badly to end the inning. I've learned a couple things about hitting since then, luckily.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
The most embarrassing moment for anyone playing 4-10ft arc should be not hitting a ball square and hard. A strikeout in 4-10ft arc doesn't fall under embarrassing, it falls under "time to find another sport".

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
I played in a league that makes you run the bases on HR's. I was jogging down the 1B line watching the ball go over the fence and i tripped in a rut and sprained my ankle.