Moving to Boston area!!

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Ill be moving to the Boston area in January.... I know its a little early and I know there won't be anywhere to play then, but wondering if there is anywhere to hit BP during the winter.... Maybe pick up with a team when the weather clears up.

Any info would be appreciated.

tap2284

Well, if that overly drunk guy, who bet me I couldn't hit middle (just so everyone knows Im not a jerk) would have thrown a pitch over the plate, might have been a different story.

Would just like to find somewhere to BP when I am out there.....cause I wanna be able to drop 400' bombs like everyone else on here.

howie2

Coach
BP

We usually hit at Baseball Unlimited in Waltham. We usually start hitting again in January 1-2x per week. We need to add some pop to our lineup for league too.

Newtothegame

Not looking for a team
I am a bit South of Boston, but depending on where you are.. I could get you hooked up or at least point you in the right direction.

tap2284

Waltham is about 30 minute drive from Hudson I guess..... I could make that drive to hit for sure. I will be in the Hudson area for an internship and still looking for a place to live, if anyone has any ideas for me.

Howie, I might have a little pop to add to your lineup. Not the biggest guy but hit it alright..... got references for tourney teams as well.

huzzdog

retired
if you are looking for the best competition and all the tourney guys you will wanna play in taunton or somewhere down that way.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Got some cold weather bats for you...
Gonna be cold as **** compared to today's 106 :cool:

Good luck with your internship.

tap2284

Yes it will be a little bit colder than what we have here in Phoenix...... Just want to play a little ball when I am up there when it does finally warm up.

Bimmer, thanks a lot!!!

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
We usually hit at Baseball Unlimited in Waltham. We usually start hitting again in January 1-2x per week. We need to add some pop to our lineup for league too.

If you want pop dont pick up this guy he is a bully sandbagger that plays catcher! You need to pay and pick up DemarDC! If memory serves me right he is an awesome factory hitter on the US FUTURES roster :eek:

Last edited:

tap2284

If you want pop dont pick up this guy he is a bully sandbagger that plays catcher! You need to pay and pick up DemarDC! If memory serves me right he is an awesome factory hitter on the US FUTURES roster :eek:

This guy....... Go back to the SW chat where you belong.....

Last edited:

ssoftball

Part Time Player
if you are looking for the best competition and all the tourney guys you will wanna play in taunton or somewhere down that way.
hmm, really? softball in the Worcester area isn't good, no tourney players out there? or what about the Haverhill and southern nh area, no good tourney players there either or good softball?

huzzdog

retired
hmm, really? softball in the Worcester area isn't good, no tourney players out there? or what about the Haverhill and southern nh area, no good tourney players there either or good softball?

oh.. yeah there are good players there. i'm sure worcester has some decent leagues. dip, jigga, lahair, lafratta, billy b... most of the yeti or old banner guys in that area.. ricky aldrige... i'm sure there are many.

i just know the taunton area has very strong leagues.. don't be so sensitive

tap2284

Huzz, good seeing you down in Florida. Loser bracket one pitch wasn't any fun though! And tell your three hitter he goes to the gym too much! He was a monster!

huzzdog

retired
hah.. yeah boomer lives at the gym. nice meeting you as well. the 30 minute limit got us too.. we laid an egg in our 4th game against tailgaters.. then the 30 minute 1 pitch did us in.

tap2284

We did the exact same thing.... **** the bed the 3rd game and then got beat out of the gate and just ran out of time in the 1 pitch.

RonnyW3317

Manager
Hey man, I hit BP in Auburn. Not too far from Hudson. I live in Worcester and can hook you up with a spring and fall team if you want. Wouldn't be a big drive but I play a couple different leagues. Usually Tuesday/Friday ngiths and Sunday AM. Hit me up man, could uase some power.

We play NSA Sundays and USSSA weekdays.

neldogger

Addicted to Softballfans
Hudson is my town. look up ITB on main st. batting cages there. fyi Worcester has the worst fields in mass.

dave2130

Addicted to Softballfans
ive run some teams in Worcester/grafton, and could certainly point ya in the right direction. hit me up if you have any questions.

either way, good luck on the internship

tap2284

Dave, just looking for some people to BP with as I doubt I will be playing much ball when it is cold....... Maybe when it warms up and if I am still around, I would try to jump on a team. Ill be living in Hudson as well so if you know anyone in the area, let me know so I can connect with them to hit some BP.

tap2284

Hello All... I am in the Hudson area now and looking to hit some BP..... Anyone interested, let me know and we can work something. I don't mind a little bit of a drive.

tap2284

You are dumb..... Working lots and BP will kill time out here.. Its already snowing!!!

JTF#12

Starting Player

Memory does not serve you right, Danny is a good factory hitter for AAA absoutly but does not play on the Futures team. Alex has plenty of power and as far as Sandbagging quit crying he played Confrence ball for 3 years with 4TF and recently dropped to C ball. If you have ever played upper level ball its not as easy to stay up there as you think, a few off weekends and you get your walking papers and its hard to find another team in the confrence mid season so some resort to playing local ball....

tap2284

Will, Hendo is a JERK from PHX! Likes busting balls! Hopefully someone out here will wanna hit soon!

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Memory does not serve you right, Danny is a good factory hitter for AAA absoutly but does not play on the Futures team. Alex has plenty of power and as far as Sandbagging quit crying he played Confrence ball for 3 years with 4TF and recently dropped to C ball. If you have ever played upper level ball its not as easy to stay up there as you think, a few off weekends and you get your walking papers and its hard to find another team in the confrence mid season so some resort to playing local ball....

I believe his post went over your head...

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Hello All... I am in the Hudson area now and looking to hit some BP..... Anyone interested, let me know and we can work something. I don't mind a little bit of a drive.

How old are you? There is a batting facility in Hudson if you can team up with someone. Trouble is most of the cages around here you have to bring your own feeder.