MRI results

stangnut

Addicted to Softballfans
recived my MRI results and they are not good! Here it is word for word. There are massive full-thickness tears of the Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus tendons with high riding of the humeral head. The biceps tendon is not well demonstrated, indicating tear with retraction with no visualiztion of the distal portion. Degenerative changes of the subscapularis tendon with arch appearover the attachment site are also seen. There appears to be very irregula, slack appearance over the region of the subscapularis tendon attachment site. The Teris minor tendon appears intact. So what that means that I have complety torn 3 of the 4 rotator culff tendons. I see the surgen the 23 of this month and as my Doc said will see if he can creatvely put me back together. Long recovery, no softball for awhile.:(

bigcraig

when in doubt, mumble
sorry to hear that. get surgery as soon as possible. I had a full thickness tear of the subscapularis with retraction and it was almost 6 month after surgery until I could even reach my back pocket. It's a long slow road back but my shoulder is stronger now than it ever was. take your time and do your rehab and be patient. best of luck.

stangnut

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry to hear that. get surgery as soon as possible. I had a full thickness tear of the subscapularis with retraction and it was almost 6 month after surgery until I could even reach my back pocket. It's a long slow road back but my shoulder is stronger now than it ever was. take your time and do your rehab and be patient. best of luck.

Thanks! the problem I have is age, I'm 54

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
Hey man, good luck on the recovery. My dad was a little oder than you and crashed his bike, resulting in a real nasty tear of his rotator cuff. I don't think it was as bad as yours. He moving around pretty soon after, but it was probably 6-9 before he had a good range of motion again.

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
recived my MRI results and they are not good! Here it is word for word. There are massive full-thickness tears of the Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus tendons with high riding of the humeral head. The biceps tendon is not well demonstrated, indicating tear with retraction with no visualiztion of the distal portion. Degenerative changes of the subscapularis tendon with arch appearover the attachment site are also seen. There appears to be very irregula, slack appearance over the region of the subscapularis tendon attachment site. The Teris minor tendon appears intact. So what that means that I have complety torn 3 of the 4 rotator culff tendons. I see the surgen the 23 of this month and as my Doc said will see if he can creatvely put me back together. Long recovery, no softball for awhile.:(

Wow, this is a pretty significant injury and a long recovery process as well. just curious, what happened/how did this all occur? Good luck to you.

brock

Addicted to Softballfans

i had 3 tears in my rotator cuff....2 in my labrum and 2 fractures in my humeral head.

i had surgery oct 22 2010....i started playing ( DH ) in january. i play some OF now but can only toss the ball in.

i rehabed with the PT for 2 full months. i couldnt lift on my own until middle of january but now i lift fine....my strength on chest and shoulder lifts is abut 50% of my former max and there is some tenderness but ok to push through. and my strength is 75% of max on all other lifts ( curls, lat pulls etc )

good luck and keep us updated.

ps. i dont think i will be able to throw 100% for at least 3 more months...minimum

second2noone

i tore my rotator cuff pitching and couldn't pitch anymore. I should have gotten surgery but tried rehabbing. Hope it all goes well and you have a quick recovery. Take your time and come back in full strength.

stangnut

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, this is a pretty significant injury and a long recovery process as well. just curious, what happened/how did this all occur? Good luck to you.

I slip in the outfield a stuck my arm out to break my fall, 5 popping sounds later. Needles to say if your falling don't put the kick stand out!