My 2016 27oz Melee 2 review

Steeler36

Manager
So I got my 27oz EL Adidas Melee bat yesterday afternoon. My buddy and I took it to the park to see how this bat performed. Temperature was
68 degrees with the wind blowing in at 8 mph. We were hitting all types of balls from classic M's ,trumps and some others types. I'm 47 years old 5'9 230 lbs. I'm a line drive power hitter. The melee was hotter than any out of the wrapper senior I've ever swung. The bat has great exit speed and hits for great distance. Against the wind I was hitting 320ft plus shots. I very impressed with the Melee. It's not as endloaded as the old Melee and the handle flex is more forgiving as well. I was impressed on how large the sweet spot was.
So after my friend and I put 200 hits on it , I looked closely to see what kind of cosmetic effect it had on the bat. I was looking for stress cracks and webbing. Sure enough there was
webbing on the bat but I could only see it on the white Adidas logo. I'm sure webbing is all over the barrel but hard to see. My Melee is game ready and hope it lasts as long as my Dudley's. I'll post updates throughout the season.

Last edited:

bugman

Geezer with no pop
Its game ready. I would not use it for BP any longer

I agree; the balanced Melee's that we have been fortunate to swing, are game ready quickly, but not a bat that you should keep beating on if you want it to last for games, IMO..

jhitman

I agree; the balanced Melee's that we have been fortunate to swing, are game ready quickly, but not a bat that you should keep beating on if you want it to last for games, IMO..

I bought a Melee2 from Ray Wimbrough 27 ounce endloaded. It's my first senior bat and it was hot right out of the wrapper. Ray told me it will get better once I get to the 75-100 hit mark. It even hits the mush softballs pretty well.

Last edited:

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
thought I would throw in. got a 25oz at our auburndale tournament this weekend. No time to break it in there but used it for the first time today.I normally swing a 26 or 27 Melee both balanced and el.
the first 2 times up my swing was way off over swung right to the ss. I adjusted on the next 2 times and 2 in the park hrs, I do not go over the fence, but I'm fast and in the park is possible. Very tight line drives.For me it will be a learning curve as it opens up.I think based on today it shows promise