My 2019 fire flex 2 already failed compression test at 210

Jleist007

Put less than 300 to 400 hits on it and it's already failed compression. Anyone know if Easton will warranty it or does it need to be broke to qualify for warranty?

lakeyale13

Manager
So glad we don't have compression testing up here...and least not "yet". I would love to know what happens now? So do you now just have a paperweight that used to be a bat?

Normy

Or try selling it to someone like lakeyale who aren't affected by compression testing. Small market but they're out there.

lakeyale13

Manager
How many of you Brothers have compression testing? Is it done before every game? Is it in response to people doctoring bats?

4xtra

Player/Coach
Put less than 300 to 400 hits on it and it's already failed compression. Anyone know if Easton will warranty it or does it need to be broke to qualify for warranty?
Not surprised at all.
Im hearing feedback that the bat NIW fails compression within a 1 weekend tournament.
That is insane because I am a hardcore Easton fan and every single new tech Easton bat I had, I sold for that very reason.

I now swing
OG Eastons (L6, B3, Stealth, USL4),
LS and Demarini

I do believe that Easton may exchange your bat if it is failing compression as
long as you have the receipt.
Their CS is very solid

Last edited:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
You CANNOT BP the new Eastons. They lose compression very quickly. The OG Fireflex would sometimes fail compression in as few as 100 swings.

Make every swing on those bats count. Unwrap them and use them only in games.

ShortYellowBus

Well...some people have rec level swings and even 400-500 swings will only break down the composite structure a small percentage.

Results will vary.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Well...some people have rec level swings and even 400-500 swings will only break down the composite structure a small percentage.

Results will vary.

Problem is, when they test at 220-230 in the wrapper anybody can fail them. And it's the rec-level players who don't know any better that get burned the hardest. You buy a bat with a one-year warranty, you expect to get at least a year out of it.

D-ROCK13

That's why I'm still swinging the original avocado helmer flex, has to be over 3k hits now and still going. No testing here though

Jleist007

This is only my 3rd year actually playing ball so I'm still learning. Didn't know bat's only good for 200 swings.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
This is only my 3rd year actually playing ball so I'm still learning. Didn't know bat's only good for 200 swings.

This is actually a pretty new development. Older Eastons were known for taking 1000+ hits to break in, and 4-5 years ago there were guys complaining about Worth/Mikens failing compression with only 600 swings. Now we have bats that are on the pass/fail line in the wrapper.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why I'm still swinging the original avocado helmer flex, has to be over 3k hits now and still going. No testing here though
That bat failed pretty quickly too, and it wasn't worth much until right before/failing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
So glad we don't have compression testing up here...and least not "yet". I would love to know what happens now? So do you now just have a paperweight that used to be a bat?
Financially, yeah, but now we're basically playing against shaved bats if they don't test. When I moved up here we got tested before every main tournament. Now they don't test at all, until Sunday, or until the tournament is down to 5-6 teams. It sucks because most people have a failing bat that they seeing until there is testing, and then a passing bat.

Everything about utrip stinks right now Imo. The classic m is dangerous until it's over 75 degrees and then it sucks (and I still don't like how it comes off the bat), the bats don't last if you have testing and if you don't they're way too hot, their strike zone is stupid, and gsl did away with the offensive ejection. I don't know if utrip had or not, but it's around the corner of they didn't.

D-ROCK13

That bat failed pretty quickly too, and it wasn't worth much until right before/failing.
I must have gotten a rare one then, has lasted almost 2 years playing 4 games a week and bp every sunday and mine has been great since around 250 hits or so

Jleist007

I just hope they replace it. But what has me nervous is if my leagues tester is off and it's actually above 220 Easton would just send it back

Our local GSL tests if you hit the pitcher. Our local director will test your bat just for funsies if you walk up to the booth (but he won't take it). My Easton was at 180 :eek:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Financially, yeah, but now we're basically playing against shaved bats if they don't test. When I moved up here we got tested before every main tournament. Now they don't test at all, until Sunday, or until the tournament is down to 5-6 teams. It sucks because most people have a failing bat that they seeing until there is testing, and then a passing bat.

Everything about utrip stinks right now Imo. The classic m is dangerous until it's over 75 degrees and then it sucks (and I still don't like how it comes off the bat), the bats don't last if you have testing and if you don't they're way too hot, their strike zone is stupid, and gsl did away with the offensive ejection. I don't know if utrip had or not, but it's around the corner of they didn't.

I agree. I'm shocked USSSA hasn't gotten rid of the damn classic M. Its a horrible combo of low cor. and mid compression. The balls suck. Absolute rocks in the cold, and marshmallows in the heat.

USSSA's bat/ball combo is WAY out of whack right now. The bats are too hot, by a mile.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I agree. I'm shocked USSSA hasn't gotten rid of the damn classic M. Its a horrible combo of low cor. and mid compression. The balls suck. Absolute rocks in the cold, and marshmallows in the heat.

USSSA's bat/ball combo is WAY out of whack right now. The bats are too hot, by a mile.
very true and that is why I am only playing ASA this year.
I do not like that Classic M at all but every Utrip league here in Atlanta uses the Classic M.

Also, in Utrip
they allow very low flat pitches go and will call them a strike.
every time I have seen a pitcher get hit is when they throw a flat pitch.

Jleist007

Anyone know how long the warranty process with easton will take? I filled out the warranty form yesterday. Just hoping I get a replacement in 2 weeks.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Easton's usually pretty quick. I've returned bats and gotten my replacements in under 2 weeks before and I'm in Canada so you should be good.

lakeyale13

Manager

I sound like an old timer at the age of 42...but I would love to go back to the days of single wall metal bats and rocks. That was by far the best combination. The only people hitting homeruns were the people meant to hit homeruns. No shaving. No doctoring. It was the most equitable combination.

Hagen49

I'm so glad I don't play anything high level enough to be tested. That being said pretty much any of the super hot out of the wrapper bats are going to be the same way failing compression pretty damn quick. If they did test here during league I have a feeling 80% of the bats I have seen on the field this season would fail.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
very true and that is why I am only playing ASA this year.
I do not like that Classic M at all but every Utrip league here in Atlanta uses the Classic M.

Also, in Utrip
they allow very low flat pitches go and will call them a strike.
every time I have seen a pitcher get hit is when they throw a flat pitch.

Luckily, USSSA in CO uses (bring your own) classic +. Here at altitude, playing softball with classic Ms is comedy hour, so the state director was smart enough to mandate the +s instead.

Playing USSSA worlds in FL with classic M ZNs is like hitting nerf. Those balls go nowhere. It turns into more of a contest of who has the hottest bat.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I sound like an old timer at the age of 42...but I would love to go back to the days of single wall metal bats and rocks. That was by far the best combination. The only people hitting homeruns were the people meant to hit homeruns. No shaving. No doctoring. It was the most equitable combination.

I played in that era too, and I agree. Other than the bats frequently breaking, I liked singlewalls and hard balls.

Softball has become too dumbed down. They want everyone to hit HRs and be good hitters. The bat/ball combo is idiotproof.