my 2cents on the one line (asa)

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
so we had our social in the dome tonight, and i ended up winning a sunday swagger, so finally got a chance to give it some swings.

for me:
one.12 (over 500 swings) is the stiffest and by far most balanced
MLC (300-400 hits) is fairly true to weight, it does feel a little endloaded to me because i'm used to hitting the juggy, and it's the softest of the 3, but still really stiff. they are all pretty similar in feel in that regard i think.
sunday swagger(under 100 hits) is pretty endloaded, but not crazy. and very close to the one.12 in stiffness. my guess is the only reason it felt any different was the longer barrel.

if i had to rank them, it'd be a tough call between the one.12 and ss. the 27oz one.12 just feels too light for me, and because of that i'd give the edge to the ss, but with a 28oz one.12 i don't know if that would still be the case. I can't really put my finger on it, but the MLC just doesn't feel good to me.

also got a chance to hit a cartel tonight for the first time. very impressive for brand new. it's still quite a bit stiffer than i'm used to, but it feels great when you hit the sweet spot, not as stiff as the three i mentioned above imo.

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
Cartel is a One series bat too.

Really?! I thought they were starting to stray away from the one series (except the swagger) Cartel nor the Stadium have "one" anywhere on them, do they?

I honestly prefer the One series style of bats. They are one of the reasons i switched to Demarini. And before the Anyone states "i'm not brand loyal, it's whatever i hit best", Their product is not the only reason, they stand behind thier product and thier CS is great.

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
Yes it does the only one right now that was of different composite was the Stadium was N-Spec...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Cartel is a One series bat too.

if you're forced to categorize it, yeah, but i'm not counting it because it's not called a 'the one...' and imo it feels different enough to justify that. same reason i don't cosider the creature a juggy line bat...

Spackler

...got that goin for me
^^^^ Where does the Creature fall in line with the MLC, Swag, one.12 - performance and endload weight? I hear its got a very large SS. Was thinking of getting one for a team bat or is it just not in the same category. I just got a Sunday Swagger and like it a lot. Got a 26oz cause of the endload.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
It would make a great team bat since its very middle of the road as far as flex and endload. Anyone should be able to pick one up and hit with it. I don't remember the sweet spot size but I think it has the larger barrel. Someone will fill you in a little more but my vote would be yes if the price is right.

96packers

OG Titletown
love my .12 in bp but in games I have a mental block - just can't hit with it :(

trying a SS this year..... besides others :D

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good deal there yo...
What weight ?

love my .12 in bp but in games I have a mental block - just can't hit with it :(

trying a SS this year..... besides others :D
I no longer have a one.12, but the league provides one in 27oz and an SS...
Picked up the SS and haven't looked back since ;)

Lots of fools swinging it in league as well breaking it in for me :cool:

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
27oz, can't wait to swing this thing, got till April 1st to get her game ready

Feels great. I'll be looking for another 28 very soon
devillook.gif

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^ Where does the Creature fall in line with the MLC, Swag, one.12 - performance and endload weight? I hear its got a very large SS. Was thinking of getting one for a team bat or is it just not in the same category. I just got a Sunday Swagger and like it a lot. Got a 26oz cause of the endload.

it's a great bat, especially for those who don't know what they like(ie, rec team)

huge sweetspot, but everything else is middle of the road

mid endload
mid flex(really soft barrel, but fairly stiff handle, kinda like an asa legend)

it also breaks in VERY quick, i hit mine for the first time in about 20C weather, maybe a tad cooler but not much, and it was webbing with every hit. 10hits in it felt like my 1000 hit juggy's.

personally, i got just as much preformance with a creature as i did/do with a fse or RD, and a little more than the MLC(which doesn't seem to really work for me)

it might not be the best bat for a lot ppl, because it's not really enloaded, or really balanced, or really soft, or really stiff. but it's a good bat for most ppl for the same reasons...

hoimin

Addicted to Softballfans
it's a great bat, especially for those who don't know what they like(ie, rec team)

mid endload

it also breaks in VERY quick, i hit mine for the first time in about 20C weather, maybe a tad cooler but not much, and it was webbing with every hit. 10hits in it felt like my 1000 hit juggy's.

personally, i got just as much preformance with a creature as i did/do with a fse or RD, and a little more than the MLC(which doesn't seem to really work for me)

it might not be the best bat for a lot ppl, because it's not really enloaded, or really balanced, or really soft, or really stiff. but it's a good bat for most ppl for the same reasons...

That sounds like a description for the SSR2 as well. How do your ONEs compare to the Stealth?

Spackler

...got that goin for me

mid endload

Thats a good description! I think I'll get one for my rec team. If your even comparing it to MLC performance wise then it is good enough for a team bat plus the large sweet spot just means more hits.