My Diary (Haha I know)

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
Hello everyone, or atleast who ever cares to read this. So I've reach a stage I my life that being great at softball isnt a enough :D. And also do to the fact I'm in the middle of a divorce and my therapist said I need to get off my ass and work out.

So I fiugre I'll get on SBF and post to help me vent and maybe get a little support from a few bro's.

Ok so let me give you a little in sight about my fat ass. I'm 6'4" and have weight about 360-340 for about the past year or 2. Being 6'4" help hide the weight a little, but has all ways been a factor. But with the stress of a divorce and the fact I really havent being eating all the great I'm dropped down to about 320lbs. So I figure what the hell I''ll use this recent weight lose to get started with some kind of workout plan.

Feb 6th
So I woke up last sunday Feb 6th and told myself I need to start working out like my therapist said I should. And for some reason I had the great idea of going for a Hike. So I hit up Cowles Mountian which is 4.7 miles from top to bottom. Let me tell you damn did that Hike kick my ass, I had to stop a few time and talk myself out of stopping. But after I made it to the top after 55mins and down in about 30 mins. I felt so great about myself. To be honest I knew I could do it but damn was it hard.

Feb 7th
So after the hike on sunday I felt pretty good about myself and said what the hell I'm going to wake up at 4am on monday (before work) and jog around the block. Well the job around the block end up being a slow then I wanted 2 mile jog/walk. But just the fact I woke up early and did something helped.

Feb 8th
So after fiugering out that 4am was a little to early I woke up at 4:30am. And started my 2 mile jog/walk. This time I was able to jog at a real slow pace for about 1/2 a mile and ended up walk the rest. I felt bad about the amount of walking I did. But I told myself that I did pretty good on sunday and monday.

Feb 9th
Didnt do anything because I had a 9:30pm game and knew I was going to be up late.

Feb 10th
No working out because I diddnt get home till 12am thanks to a big win and a few beers.

Feb 11th
Didnt work so tried to sleep in plus had a late double header.

Feb 12th
Saturday didnt work out

Feb 13th
Sunday was planning on working out but didnt.

Feb 14th
Got back on track woke up at 4:30am and did my 2 miles. This time I made it about 3/4 mile at my slow turtle pace. felt pretty good about it.

Feb 15th
4:30am again today I made it a whole 1 mile at my turtle pace and walked only about 1/2 mile back and then turtle pace again for the last 1/2 mile. Felt good about it.

So after talking to a bubby at work I think I'm going to try P90X. Not sure how thats going to go, but I'll at least try it. I'm pretty sure that if I start P90X, I'm going to have to stop my morning run. or maybe mix it up and still try to run at least twice a week, maybe the weekends when I have more time.

Well if you have got to this point then thanks for reading I'll try on post everyday about how the workout goes. I think I'm going to try and keep a log of what I eat but not sure the best way to go about, So any input wont be awesome. I've also would love any insight into the world of shakes and anything the will help turn my fat into muscle.

Kramit

Another P90X thread eh? Not knocking it because I am doing it too. I stepped on the scale about a 1.5 and was shocked that I was pushing offensive lineman size (6'2" 270). I had the P90X for about a year before but couldn’t motivate myself to do it. If I had to guess your (and mine) biggest problem is eating habits. I was eating about 3000 calories a day, maybe more. I have cut my calories down to 1200-1500 a day, eating more fruit, veggies and less junk. As of this morning I am at 249 I would like to get down to 235 in the next 1.5 months and down to 210 by the end of the summer. At your size I would say F the diet plan (I did) working out and eating less and healthy you'll lose A LOT of weight. If you continue to do it after 90 days you can go to the diet plan when you're under 300lbs.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
Feb 16th
Today I weight in at 311 lbs, I guess my goal weight would be 285-280 lbs seeing that I'm 6'4''. I total understand the eating thing, thats why I wanted to start keeping track of what I eat. I'm still not 100% sure I want to do P90X. I hear great things about it so I figure I would give it a try.

As for my workout I woke up at 4:30am once again to find out it was raining. But that didnt stop me, I couldnt workout today the day after I started this thread. I once again made it the whole first mile at my slow turtle pace, but this time I timed it and I did a mile in 15 mins. Not sure if thats a good time but it's something I can try to cut down to 10mins in about a week. I have a 7:30pm game tonight and I think I'll be out late tonight hangin with the boys. So not 100% sure I'll run tomorrow morning. We'll see

Kramit,

I not sure this is a P90X thread, I'm thinking this is more a place I can keep track of things and get a little support from other guys working out.
If I do start P90x I'll check posting everyday.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
lunch today

No time for lunch

Dinner

I had a sandwich and hand full of baked chips.
600 calories.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
I woke up this morning and he to talk myself into running. I should have listened to myself because I had a ****ty run. I just wasnt into it I think I'm going to take Thrusdays off 4 days in a row might be to much. I did pick up the pace today to a real nice run, but found myself getting winded after about 1/2 mile.

Breakfast

(2) 90 Calorie bars and green tea drink (70 cal)

Lunch

burrito (**** load of calories/ guessing 700)

Dinner

Half a bowl of popcorn

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
no run this morning, hopefully have a double header tonite if it dont rain.

Breakfast
Power bar -290 cal.

Lunch
burrito (**** load of calories/ guessing 700)

Dinner
3 New castles 450 cal.

Last edited:

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
P90X Plyometrics today I dont think I be able to walk tomorrow.

power bar for breakfast 290 cal.

lunch
Banana and small bag of pretzels

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
still working out and eating the way better.

down to about 305-310 depends on the day.

Just been super busy havent had much time to post everyday.

I'll try andget back on top of it. Not like everyone cares

Kramit

you're taking in fewer calories but they are "bad" calories. each more greens and fruits