my life has changed!

Homey12

facemask
long story I know but a kewl story bro....

So my wife and I are in the process of adopting 5 children. 4 boys ages 5,4,3,and 2. The only girl is 8 months old. While this has slowed my softball career down tremendously, I am loving every minute of it! We have had them for 6 months now and hopefully it will be final soon. it is not easy, but they are great kids that just need a chance in life. Now for the other news....

My wife got the flu and couldn't seem to get over it. She went in for a chest xray and before she got home the doctors called and sent her right back up there. They found a large tumor in her chest connected to her spine, lungs, and aorta. This all happened last month. The tumor ( thank GOD) turned out to be non-cancerous but still had to be removed. They opened her chest up and deflated a lung to remove the tumor in a 8 hour surgery. She spent a week in ICU. The tumor was bigger then a baseball and my wife is a tiny thing. This was difficult for me as I hae never had children before, and then all 5 by myself!!!
We are on the road to recovery now though, and everyone is doing great. We may not always understand God's timing on things, but God is always in control.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Wow...I can't imagine doing something like that, and then having to deal with the tumor issue. You and your wife are special people. Wish her a speedy recovery from all of us.

Homey12

facemask
Thank you guys but seriously its not about me, just doing our part. On the brighter side there may be some good news coming out real soon in the COMbat section.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife. Also as a father of a 7, 5, & 3 year old, I'll pray for your sanity. ;) It's amazing when you get that peace from God.

BigTexCowboy

Professional Bull Milker
Damn homey. Good luck and you're doing a great thing. If it's not too intrusive, how did you come to adopt the kids? Are you foster parents? Family/friend? Just curious as the wife and I throw out the idea a lot, especially now that my vas deferens is severed.

Homey12

facemask
Damn homey. Good luck and you're doing a great thing. If it's not too intrusive, how did you come to adopt the kids? Are you foster parents? Family/friend? Just curious as the wife and I throw out the idea a lot, especially now that my vas deferens is severed.

No problem on the questions at all. I will be happy to answer and if its personal i will pm also. No worries. The children were in the foster care system. We have to be approved to foster, but its considered foster-to-adopt which is a little different. there are some benefits to going this route also. We did not know them before hand or any of the family, and quite frankly its probably a good thing.

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
U and your Wife are Amazing People...My Wife and I went thru the adoption process for 2 years...it's brutal and an emotional roller-coaster. Blessing to you and your Family!

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
I was gonna ask about it because it seemed difficult when I looked into it, but I see. lol

Ryan Gash

Addicted to Softballfans
Good luck to you guys on the adoption process and prayers to your wife in a great recovery! Great stuff here!:)

whogotz

dilligaf?
prayers are sent for your family. i've watched people suffer the emotional roller coaster of the adoption process, so i wish you guys the best. and a speedy recovery for your wife.

M

MJL 00

This is what makes me happy to be part of the SBF family...great story, coming from a surgical back ground sounds like your wife is lil toughy...HUGE PRAYS for you and new family for a speedy recovery...

usmcluberti

Banned User
As a father of a 9, 7, 4, and 2 year old (girl, girl, girl, boy)...my prayers are with you dude! Having zero kids, going to 5, then dealing with the scare/surgery...much respect!

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not a deeply religious man, but I like to believe that if you do the right thing over and over, you will experience the only true joy in life. As you see the munchkins grow into people you can enjoy and respect, I think that's the greatest joy in the world. Bp is a close second, with fried chicken close behind.

Thank you for helping our society by raising those kids. Thank you when you're tired and stressed. I'm very happy to hear the good news about your wife. Thank you all around, mister. If you ever wind up in southeast Michigan, hit me up. I'll throw you some cookies.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
First off, rock on dude. Your family is the epitome of all that is good in this world.

And second of all...

On the brighter side there may be some good news coming out real soon in the COMbat section.

Do tell. ;) :cool:

ESI

Coach
As a father of 6, I know exactly where you are at (3 boys, 3 girls. 21 girl, 13 boy, 11 girl, 6 boy, 4 boy, 20 months girl) I am lost without my wife, even for a few hours. Dinner time is a circus, then there is bath time. Bless you and your wife. Hope everything works out. You are in our prayers. Glad to see there are still wonderful people in this world.

rx7_omaha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
That is impressive and amazing. You are amazing for helping out those in need. You sir are G2G!

Homey12

facemask
First off, rock on dude. Your family is the epitome of all that is good in this world.

And second of all...

Do tell. ;) :cool:

Well it's more of a personal thing with combat and should find out more details today. Just have to see how it plays out today. But I'm not good at keeping secrets.

GTC

Semi-Retired
When I first read the title of this post I was thinking it was going to be about someone saying a Bat changed their life :rolleyes: . I am glad I was wrong. People come on here and complain about some stupid things related to a meaningless game. Then I see you post about something that truly changes a person's perspective on life and it changes my view about people on here. Foster Children have a negative stigma but I am glad you saw through that. Homey, I am not religious but I do believe good things happen to good people. You sir, are good people. Cool Story Bro! :D

kokamojo15

Manager
Great story to open up and read. I hope your family the best and your wife a speedy and safe recovery. Your family seems like a boost for those kids and anytime you can change a kids life and heart is a A+ in my book. Hope all turns out to be great news

jedwards7

Addicted to Softballfans
Me and homey are close buds we both work together for the fire dept in our area. After knowing him for the last 8 years this guy and his wife has persevered through a lot and its all because of God's grace! Its good to see there are still good people in the world today! As a father of 1 in which my lil dude will be 1 yr in July sometimes it's a madhouse here at home with just him running around lol! And this man and his wife went from 0 to 5!! I can't even imagine what that's like but they handle it first class!! Not only the adoption but then the scare when he told me the news of his wife all you can do is pray that God gives him and her along with the rest of their family strength and peace knowing he will take care of them through it all. And he did! The adoption and the good news about the tumor couldn't have come to a nicer guy!! You deserve all the good things The Lord brings you and your family in life. I'm glad I'm able to call you not only my friend but also consider you like family!! Proud of you buddy can't wait to hear the news about COMbat!!

Homey12

facemask
Thank you guys for all the nice words! I appreciate it. I probably opened up too soon about Combat, as its not going to pan out for me. At this time I just can't commit to that much travel with everything going on. Hopefully when she gets better, the offer may still be out there. No regrets though, as I am blessed beyond words can describe!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
good things will keep coming. get those boys started on the field! you'll have the entire infield covered