My Nighthawk Review (Roboload)

TM has them on pre-order. No one will answer the cost that I have seen. Says delivery is mid March. Still speculation on the money back and warranty.

WillW3

Starting Player
Warranty is the only thing holding me back here. It's not gonna be a tank like the blackout, so I'd like to have warranty with them taking the "hot out the wrapper" route

Z1k05

Star Player
Warranty is the only thing holding me back here. It's not gonna be a tank like the blackout, so I'd like to have warranty with them taking the "hot out the wrapper" route

Or will they sell these $175 price without warranty like the craze and blackouts ?

Cags

Star Player
With our dollar being so poor I bet it works out to be about the same price if you order from Canada. . I know presale is $279CDN right now and I bet that works out to be close to the same.

I heard the pre sale ends soon. Either way I'm stoked to get the bat. Hopefully Wayne gets them soon.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
For the love of anything holy can someone get a demo for us to use in Maryland? Lockdown Sports is doing a demo Feb 20th and they don't carry Mizuno...but if one showed up they wouldn't care.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Kudos to Mizuno, I haven't hit this yet, but based on what I'm hearing they went back to the R&D drawing board and created something entirely new that will compete with Worth and Miken sticks.

Rallycap

Star Player
For the love of anything holy can someone get a demo for us to use in Maryland? Lockdown Sports is doing a demo Feb 20th and they don't carry Mizuno...but if one showed up they wouldn't care.

Yes please! Someone help us out. We want people to try this thing!

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Mizuno bat engineer and a few others coming into our facility next week. Let me know any questions we will get answers for you. As far as availability I am hearing maybe mid March. should know more next week.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
With our dollar being so poor I bet it works out to be about the same price if you order from Canada. . I know presale is $279CDN right now and I bet that works out to be close to the same.

279CDN is about 199USD right now

single wally

Professional Amateur
Mizuno bat engineer and a few others coming into our facility next week. Let me know any questions we will get answers for you. As far as availability I am hearing maybe mid March. should know more next week.

Would be great if you could ask them if there's a preferred ball type to use on these during the break-in period to maximize performance.

THESHOE

Starting Player
At the demo night we got here, most had tested out of wrapper at the 260 mark.

I would say not to BP anything harder than what you will hit in your games excessively.

It won't need much break in, in fact, at the demo it was pretty damn g2g out of wrapper for the Utrip models.

If you want it to pass comp testing I would refrain from beating it with rocks.

Like for us here, we mostly see 52 cor and some 44 Grey Dots. Higher levels will occasionally see harder balls in bigger parks for big events, but it's pretty rare.

So makes no sense to risk premature failure over BP with harder balls. The exception usually being Easton or if working on a break in before a game off a tee.

Trust me when I say, treat this stick like you would a Miken. It comes out of wrapper pretty much as hot as Miken/Worth and Combats from what I saw. The 28oz I was given had tested at 260, and in the full length of the dome down range hit the 52 every bit as well as my Freak 12. I could switch up during rounds and barely see any difference. Feel was a little different, but both have that nice hot softer barrel feel with a stiff handle.

This is not a whippy bat like LS Z2000 RI, LS Z3/4, Combat Assault G4/5, Juggy, and etc.

This is a stiff handle bat that feels much like Miken/Worth and like the CL22 likes to hit with a very firm almost 1pc feel but 2pc pop.

I was a big fan of this one, and my other favs in the bag right now are Freak 12 and 2015 CL22. This one too had a shorter barrel so I liked it.

I think Mizuno is looking to give top notch performance, and not something that you have to beat to all heck to break in or break in general. They are giving people what they asked for, and a bat to give what I feel are the front runners in the industry a run for their share of the market.

This along with their new Erupt 3 shoes and some of the bigger glove sizes geared to Slo Pitch to come from them will make them a name again.

The bonus too being that this bat will carry the 1 year warranty in Canada now. Not something we were seeing with previous Mizunos here. Nice to have the peace of mind. Not that I break bats a lot within 12 months, but good to know you aren't totally F___ed over on a manufacture defect.

Would be great if you could ask them if there's a preferred ball type to use on these during the break-in period to maximize performance.

Cags

Star Player
Had to order mine from Canada to get the warranty. Must have warranty if you are going to let beasts like Madbeers swing them.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys just got done with a quick BP session with a few of these. I reiterate what THESHOE said above. Nice feel out of the wrapper but will take a little break in BP. The 28EL USSSA woke up a little more after a few rounds. We did start off with Evil BP's just to be safe. Sprinkled in a few hits off a .44 cor ZN to see what would happen and it hit them well. Very stiff feel even with the 2 piece. Nice graphics on them. Should have pulled the grip but did not want to hold up the Mizuno guys.

Final round we broke out some new Decker ASA 52's and was getting some nice 84-88 MPH exits speeds according to the HitTrax module. Had a few zing by my melon so I know the exist speed was there. We did not have a compression tester but the engineer did say they were getting 260 before putting them in the wrapper. The Robo Load version is about .5 oz not really endloaded by any stretch in the 26. The 28 for sure felt like it had some more ass to it.

USA models will differ from Canadian one's with the warranty aspect. They will maintain past standards here and will not offer a warranty or a 30 day guarantee on the slowpitch models.

All of them are 2 piece. They have a USSSA model and an ASA/USSSA model. Both will come in a balanced version and a RoboLoad version. Barrel length is 12.5" on them.

Availability is 3/15 and we will stock each model.

If anyone is local here to Kalamazoo they did leave the 4 demo's with a few fastpitch as well. Come in and hit them we want to report back how they are holding up.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what Canadian version will cost. I know we will sell these for right around what the previous models have listed at with no warranty.