My pitcher got welcome into our new league the wrong way

DWAChampions

Addicted to Softballfans
We probably shouldn't be in the league but we are just a bunch of buddies that can only play together Sunday nights. It's bunch of usssa D & C players , and the old guy pitching won worlds 3 years ago .

ya i kinda got that feeling after the first game, and i knew about the pitcher. we switched from oregon for the better competition anyways. to be the best you got to play the best haha.

rigsmidwest

T-Town Terror
ya i kinda got that feeling after the first game, and i knew about the pitcher. we switched from oregon for the better competition anyways. to be the best you got to play the best haha.

You guys should have been burning my slow ass left and right in that 3 man outfield

TZ BIG BOY

3rd baseman's nightmare
middle

5 man and get a pitcher who can field his position.....once guys see a pitcher not trying to field they are like sharks with blood in the water.

cremory8

Addicted to Softballfans
Our backup pitch is probably the biggest hot head on our team. It never fails that about the 2nd ord 3rd inning he starts complaining about something, basically just drawing unneeded attention on himself. Sure enough, when we play the teams that can hit it all over, he starts having to dance. Then he complains more. He's a great fielding pitcher so he does alright, but he still hasn't seemed to figure out the correlation.

Moral of the story is make sure your P isn't behaving in a way where he's asking for it. We tell our guy all the time but he's just hard headed.

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
If you dont play a 5 man infield your pitcher will be hung out to dry. We play C & D and if we play a team with a 4 man outfield may God bless the pitcher. We are not trying to hurt anyone but if the 4 and 6 hole are covered sometimes middle is the place to go.

cbeeb34

Addicted to Softballfans
I got hit this past weekend and after the inning ended our first batter of the inning drilled their pitcher and two more sent balls past him that were about a foot from him... and said i gotta protect my guy. I just laughed because i knew they were about to send a few more my way. Part of the game get over it and wear a mask.

franknwhit

Game on!
I've found out if teams know you are a good fielding pitcher teams will stay away from you, but when you play teams that don't know you they will test you to see if you can field your position and if you can't you’re in trouble. The big thing I agree with don't start whining about it just man up a play. I've had team mates say do you want us to do it. NO! Just get up there and hit the ball and don't get caught up in it. I pitch and I choose to be out there, i got a glove like everyone else in the field.

Iknight1

Addicted to Softballfans
We always do it to new teams in league in our first game! It's a Cole Hammels type welcome to the league!

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Define "going middle". Going up the middle for a hit and purposely going after a pitcher are two very different things. I once had a guy yell at me for going middle on a liner that went over the shortstop's head.:confused::confused:

Own Right Field

Part Time Player
Yeah I think you played us we had the gray and black pin striped jerseys . You guys have a good group of young players you just got a bad draw on your first night . I was playing CF . Your team will be good out there there is only 1 other team that will use the whole field like that . You guys will mercy a bunch of the other teams .

The guy that threw the ball at me from the outfield after I went back up the middle both times? haha

rigsmidwest

T-Town Terror
The guy that threw the ball at me from the outfield after I went back up the middle both times? haha

I never threw it at you lol . I threw it to first once when your guy was stuck in between first and second , then I threw it to the first baseman when I got bored.

Own Right Field

Part Time Player
I don't mind it I just know the ball flew over my head the first time and was thrown to first again after I did it a second time...so maybe not at me but for sure in my direction.

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah you have to watch out for rigs. He will go middle on his own pitcher in a just for fun game lol

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it all depends on where you play. Here I've play ASA and avoid USSSA due to the majority of tools who play. I heard the opposite. All depends.

It doesn't matter what association you play in. There will always be dbags. Just because a team hits up the middle doesn't make them a douche.

jlsjls020105

Addicted to Softballfans
Get used to it, it's part of the field

Yep bro part of the game better get used to it

Agree...it's in the rules. I pitch and once you step on the field, you apply yourself to the inherent risk of injury. I gear up and wait for every pitch to come my way. I want to stop you from getting on as much as any other DEFENSIVE player in the field. Pitchers forget they are on defense; those that know what it's all about LOVE the position. I only know a few in my league that show the same hunger for the game and the position. Every other pitcher looks like a deer in the headlights staring at their pitch instead of getting ready.

I am in no way ripping on your guy, but that person needs to do some research and understand the game more. Just adding my .02cents; I do not want to see another pitcher get hurt for being a dumb***.