My Take... DUDLEY (Lift) Vs. Adidas Melee 2

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
00V0V_hgDBfxqEIYR_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_4fj1TLspO56_1200x900.jpg

So I did hit my 28oz and my buddy's 27oz (Lift) and swung my Melee Reloaded this past Sunday the very 1st thing I noticed with the (Lift) was the lighter version of the previous models, a different sound is coming off this bat and plenty of clanking sounds from the handle not sure why when we're hitting right off the barrel. The grip tech is much less which ends with the letter "D", it did form one clear coat web. Other than that, it was a really good bat, we used mix balls Evil BP's, X-Rocks and Sr. Stotes. Plenty of smoking line drives shot and good bombs at about 350' with less than 100 hits, before this session I did hit about (50) self-toss balls and the balls were traveling really well at about 300'. On the Melee 2, by far it did exceed my expectations with less than 125 hits both games and BP hits. In this last session, it hit a ton of bombs compared to the (Lift) out of my hits one was about 385' easily in an open field. We tend to hit at the community college ( Miramar College) in San Diego in the back open area. At the point and time, the Melee Reloaded hands down is the immeasurable and the better bat... This model opens up much quicker than any other Sr. Bats that I have tested. And at this stage, it will never see another BP session as IMHO it is fully broken-in. Looking to see and hear your take on these model bats.

Last edited:

yank

Addicted to Softballfans

So I did hit my 28oz and my buddy's 27oz (Lift) and swung my Melee 2 this past Sunday the very 1st thing I noticed with the (Lift) was the lighter version of the previous models, a different sound is coming off this bat and plenty of clanking sounds from the handle not sure why when we're hitting right off the barrel. The grip tech is much less which ends with the letter "D", it did form one clear coat web. Other than that, it was a really good bat, we used mix balls Evil BP's, X-Rocks and Sr. Stotes. Plenty of smoking line drives shot and good bombs at about 350' with less than 100 hits, before this session I did hit about (50) self-toss balls and the balls were traveling really well at about 300'. On the Melee 2, by far it did exceed my expectations with less than 125 hits both games and BP hits. In this last session, it hit a ton of bombs compared to the (Lift) out of my hits one was about 385' easily in an open field. We tend to hit at the community college ( Miramar College) in San Diego in the back open area. At the point and time, the Melee 2 hands down is the immeasurable the better bat... This model opens up much quicker than any other Sr. Bats that I have tested. And at this stage, it will never see another BP session as IMHO it is fully broken-in. Looking to see and hear your take on these model bats.
You are talking the melee reloaded correct?

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Yes! and better than the 2 IMHO, need to get used to saying Reloaded, I'm stuck on Melee 2 LOL!!!

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes! and better than the 2 IMHO, need to get used to saying Reloaded, I'm stuck on Melee 2 LOL!!!
Yea been thinking about these on the fence.Have the dudley12" and AdIddas 12".problem will order one just need to hear it the next greatest and latest. LOL.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Yea been thinking about these on the fence.Have the dudley12" and Adidas 12".problem will order one just need to hear it the next greatest and latest. LOL.
Yep..., They're all the next greatest and the lastest LOL!! But earnestly the Reloaded is NO JOKE...;)

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>

So I did hit my 28oz and my buddy's 27oz (Lift) and swung my Melee Reloaded this past Sunday the very 1st thing I noticed with the (Lift) was the lighter version of the previous models, a different sound is coming off this bat and plenty of clanking sounds from the handle not sure why when we're hitting right off the barrel. The grip tech is much less which ends with the letter "D", it did form one clear coat web. Other than that, it was a really good bat, we used mix balls Evil BP's, X-Rocks and Sr. Stotes. Plenty of smoking line drives shot and good bombs at about 350' with less than 100 hits, before this session I did hit about (50) self-toss balls and the balls were traveling really well at about 300'. On the Melee 2, by far it did exceed my expectations with less than 125 hits both games and BP hits. In this last session, it hit a ton of bombs compared to the (Lift) out of my hits one was about 385' easily in an open field. We tend to hit at the community college ( Miramar College) in San Diego in the back open area. At the point and time, the Melee Reloaded hands down is the immeasurable and the better bat... This model opens up much quicker than any other Sr. Bats that I have tested. And at this stage, it will never see another BP session as IMHO it is fully broken-in. Looking to see and hear your take on these model bats.

No video?? What's up my man?
I hit my 29oz 12" lift last week. Only hit a round of 52cor balls.
I always hit the first 100 with those on SR bats. Still, was coming off
pretty good. You're right, far less sticky stuff on the barrel. Craig had
13" balanced and it felt practically smooth.
My 29.5 Melee reloaded will be here today. Can't wait to hit that.
Good luck this season.

Phoenix I ran into you one morning at centennial park I had my reloaded hit about 10 44's then it started to web up.Later that afternoon I put another 50 swings or so and it was okay hits outstanding just waiting for Mother Nature to cooperate.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Yeah, I remember. Had one tourney rained out already.
This weekend looks to be a 50/50 chance.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
No video?? What's up my man?
I hit my 29oz 12" lift last week. Only hit a round of 52cor balls.
I always hit the first 100 with those on SR bats. Still, was coming off
pretty good. You're right, far less sticky stuff on the barrel. Craig had
13" balanced and it felt practically smooth.
My 29.5 Melee reloaded will be here today. Can't wait to hit that.
Good luck this season.
LOL!!! Rob, nope LOL!! on the Melee you're going to be very happy with it, hit the Lift this past Sunday and it's turning into line drive hitting stick go figure.. please Craig I said " What's up Youngster?" hopefully One day I'll get up there to hit with you guys... :)