Narrowing down my Demarini ASA bat choices....

SlushyBOB

Noodle Arm
Ok, I'm narrowing down my choices for an ASA bat.

I am thinking of the USA Aftermath (smaller barrel correct?), The J3A, or a Mercy. Any thoughts on which one I should go after? I tend to hit singles and doubles. I swing 26oz. I have not played in 2 years so looking for something easy to control with good pop. I like a slight endload.

Help between these 3? Does the year model matter?

Thanks....

chile

Bad Ape
USA AM...i liked the J3A...wasn't really a fan of the mercy but have seen people crush with all 3 so yeah...

Bob Vance

Ok, I'm narrowing down my choices for an ASA bat.

I am thinking of the USA Aftermath (smaller barrel correct?), The J3A, or a Mercy. Any thoughts on which one I should go after? I tend to hit singles and doubles. I swing 26oz. I have not played in 2 years so looking for something easy to control with good pop.

Help between these 3? Does the year model matter?

Thanks....

I've swung the 2015 Flipper Aftermath for years. When one breaks I warranty or buy a new one. Maroon and gold barrel with the black handle. Very happy with them.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
And what ball you use aftermath only good with 52's, mercy fits the slight endload and control imo

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Just shortens the life in my experience pretty drastically, aftermaths have thinner inner and outer walls with the air gap in-between, which is why they are designed for a lower compression ball, not that you can't hit 44's, I've actually had worse results hitting 44's with them, but that could just be my crappy swing

MPT23

Putting on the foil
USA AM...i liked the J3A...wasn't really a fan of the mercy but have seen people crush with all 3 so yeah...

Same boat as Chili, all are great sticks. Different strokes for different folks. Gotta see which one suits your swing best.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
No need to buy the most hyped/expensive year (i.e. J3A, '13 Mercy, etc.). 2013-16 are all the same(ish). I don't have enough experience with the '17s to comment. But, decide which line fits you best (Juggy, Mercy, AM, USA AM, etc.) and find the best deal you can in your weight. I'm a Juggy guy, I swing the '14 J4. I also prefer the OG to the USA AM. But that's just me.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Mercies are very balanced 13-15, 16 and 17 slight end load
Og aftermaths all feel midloaded to me
USA aftermaths feel endloaded
Juggies slight endload much like the mercy
All imo

I have the 17 OG aftermath. I love it. It feels like more of an endload that a balanced bat should so if you say "slight" endload I think this bat will fit your swing. I am also a singles and doubles guy and I've hit the fence in BP. Gametime I'm for placement. Haha

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Just shortens the life in my experience pretty drastically, aftermaths have thinner inner and outer walls with the air gap in-between, which is why they are designed for a lower compression ball, not that you can't hit 44's, I've actually had worse results hitting 44's with them, but that could just be my crappy swing

The Aftermath kills any ball...i've had a few Aftermaths that havent had any issues with 44's...

StickCollector

A lot of guys I know are killing it with the 2014 purple mercy. Great exit speed off the bat through the infield. Can also hit the long ball. One of them broke a few weeks ago. It did have a surprising endload in the endcap and 6" portion that broke off. We use 44/375, but it also works great on the 52/300.

SlushyBOB

Noodle Arm
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and feedback. I ended up getting the OG Aftermath (red Border Battle). I get to use it this Monday. My first game in 2+ years!