NBA Off-Season

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
Jesus Christ, Golden State and Durant. Hope they let teams play more physical defense next season.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Crazy... Whats the point in watching the NBA next season? Owners killed their selves with that CBA they signed. Thanks to Lebrons old signing with the Heat, this is how todays NBA is. You would never see Bird, Magic or Jordan signing with their nemesis to win a ring. Todays NBA is garbage. NFL is still king!

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Damn right what a ****ty move by an elite player, It would never happen in softball either I would not join a team that just beat me to join them later and try to win a ring because at the end of the day anyone can win and there is only one ball to go around. But now that leaves the door wide open for Westbrook to go to L.A. next season to join the Lakers. Plus Durant is hurt most of the season anyways and curry's ankles aren't holding up anymore he might have 4 more seasons left in him before he calls it quits, another Penny Hardaway career.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
A ball stopper on one of the best passing teams in NBA history? Not worried.

Someone like Gasol going to an even better passing team? Worried. What happens when Aldridge gets hot and they play him iso? Golden State has no answer for that, let alone trying to jump up and swat at the ball with their little hands against a 7-footer with Gasol's post and passing skills? Aldridge on the wing is a nightmare, and you lose nothing from Duncan with Gasol.

GrinningBear

OKC GM's response was all class. I feel for that organization and its fans.

Conversely a lot of national guys tweeted about Durant's signing and are refusing to cover it beyond that, except the Mavs assisting the signing by getting Barnes and trading for Bogut.
EDIT: Jokes are rolling in, everyone's on board.

I believe that is the first time I have ever seen Curry compared to Hardaway. I thought I was crazy.

Last edited:

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
He's played 9 seasons and has zero championships. It's time for him to be a little selfish and try to win a few rings. Bird, Magic, and Jordan would never have went to a rival, but they also all played on some of the best teams ever. OKC was good and could have won a championship, Durant's chance to win a championship on a team that won it two years ago and was four points away from a second one without him greatly improve. Maybe he doesn't want to enter the Charles Barkley/Dan Marino part of the conversation of great players that never won the big one.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Crazy... Whats the point in watching the NBA next season? Owners killed their selves with that CBA they signed. Thanks to Lebrons old signing with the Heat, this is how todays NBA is. You would never see Bird, Magic or Jordan signing with their nemesis to win a ring. Todays NBA is garbage. NFL is still king!

I'm guessing you forgot that when Bird, Magic, and Jordan would never switch teams, the 49ers and Cowboys started this superstar switching teams thing. How many players from the 90s went from the Cowboys to the 49ers or vice versa when they were heated rivals? Deion, Norton Jr, and Charles Haley just to name 3 superstars off the top of my head. I remember when they traded teams it was like how can you do that.

ntz

tricknollegy
GS needed a true big man and KD isn't that. If you're looking for a mini van and your neighbor offers to sell you his Porsche that he won in a raffle for $5000, you take it

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm guessing you forgot that when Bird, Magic, and Jordan would never switch teams, the 49ers and Cowboys started this superstar switching teams thing. How many players from the 90s went from the Cowboys to the 49ers or vice versa when they were heated rivals? Deion, Norton Jr, and Charles Haley just to name 3 superstars off the top of my head. I remember when they traded teams it was like how can you do that.

Back in the 90's???? Lmao....

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
GS needed a true big man and KD isn't that. If you're looking for a mini van and your neighbor offers to sell you his Porsche that he won in a raffle for $5000, you take it

I was wondering how well he will fit. Bosch, wade, James felt different. Like wade was coming down, Lebron was rising to the top and Bosch was good with his supportive role. I'm actually more interested to see how this all plays out.

BigPhatJam

Star Player
After Shaq left L.A. What did Kobe do he won a championship before he did and Westbrook will do the same thing. KD is a twig that gets tossed around I look now at San Antonio if they get GASOL it's over that squad is built to bang the **** out of ohhhh little ass Golden State, Curry MVP hahahaha that dude is sorry one way player that got shown up in the Real games that counted like the Finals losing 4 in a ROOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Curry one does play one way...with enough guts to make up for his lack of size. Yeah he wore down imo and GS needs some size, but saying he is just a shooter is ignorant.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
After Shaq left L.A. What did Kobe do he won a championship before he did and Westbrook will do the same thing. KD is a twig that gets tossed around I look now at San Antonio if they get GASOL it's over that squad is built to bang the **** out of ohhhh little ass Golden State, Curry MVP hahahaha that dude is sorry one way player that got shown up in the Real games that counted like the Finals losing 4 in a ROOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah... No they didn't. GS won 1 and 2. Cleveland won 3. GS won 4. Then Cleveland won 5/6/7.....

GrinningBear

After their collapse, in Game 7 Curry and Klay were 12-36. Game 6 during OKC's collapse in Conference Finals, Durant was in the 10-for-30 range. They're transitioning to volume scorers already!

Yes joking. The odds all of them having a bad shooting night at once is pretty much nil. But they all need to be on if Aldridge and Gasol are both having good nights.

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Curry one does play one way...with enough guts to make up for his lack of size. Yeah he wore down imo and GS needs some size, but saying he is just a shooter is ignorant.

When the reporter asked Westbrook about curry and his defensive he laughed and smirked so does the rest of the league and after that game winning 3 pointer by Irving how can you now hand down man down. Curry gets used by the best point guards in the league. Quoting Stephen A. Smith if that was Chris Paul on point instead of Curry Golden State would of been champions once again. But guess what Golden State can go get whoever they want, I hate to say it but Spurs vs. Cavilers 2017 Finals next year bank on it.

GrinningBear

??? Didn't Curry lead the league in steals? He is not physically capable of stopping Westbrook, but who is? And Kyrie has done that to a lot of players. Announcers have been calling him Mr. Fourth Quarter since he was a rookie.

Yes to SA vs CLE

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Back in the 90's???? Lmao....

You mentioned none of the 90s stars trading teams then said how the NFL was better. My point was 25 years ago the NFL stars were changing teams and trying to stack a team (which was much easier in that day with different cap rules.)

This isn't directed at you, but in general, is the Curry hate directed at how much Sportscenter attention he gets? The guy played hurt through almost the whole playoffs and didn't use it as an excuse once. They lost to a Cleveland team by four points that had Irving and LeBron playing out of their minds. They were given game 5 with LeBron crying to the media yet again.

I'm not a Warriors fan but they got me watching the NBA again. For the last 10 years or so the NBA has slowly become soccer with the flopping. Flopping has been around forever but it was never the superstars, it was the guys trying to keep a roster spot. Now LeBron falls back 12 feet like he was shot when he gets hit by his own teammate. The guy they called the tech on from Toronto (his flop worked) could have taken a ten yard head start and not knocked LeBron that far back lol. The NBA isn't serious about the flopping or they would suspend guys for the flagrant ones. A $5,000 fine? Seriously these guys are paying that in cash from their ashtray in the lambo. It takes like five times getting caught to get a suspension. If they want it to stop, they will have to do like baseball did with PED penalties and make them much more severe.

That GS-OKC series was some of the best basketball I've seen in a while. Two athletic teams of shooters playing basketball. Draymond deserved to be suspended more for the Adams kick than the Lebron thing. Suspending Draymond in the OKC series or not suspending him in the Cleveland series would have changed the WWE, er NBA's script. It worked, best ratings in a long time.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Bad move for KD....bad move for State

State just went ship, 73 wins, 4 points from back to back....that's never been done and they over-reacted and it will cost them. simply "signing better guys" almost never works and especially when state's success was largely in part to chemistry and their bench.....

as far as KD, this is a 1 year deal and state can't sign him max long term and after this little experiment blows up in his face, i assume he might lose some perceived value.......this is a completely differnet team, it will take time to gel and they will absolutely take a step backwards

He should have signed that max 1 year deal in OKC with the added Bird money and then jumped if he wanted to......

ntz

tricknollegy
KD is a two year deal, next year the super cap kicks in, there's no reason GS with their bird rights can't resign them all. Unless KD or Steph wants to really just cash in and be the highest paid player in the NBA and the owner doesn't want to write luxury tax checks any more.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
GS gonna be like those Denver teams that would score a ton of points. Except GS will win a few more games.

Country469

who the **** actually watched the nba anyway.....I stopped when the continuation bull**** came full frontal. Its gross. Just have a dunk contest and the professa running the point for okc now.