ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Softball.com:

Billy Packer

Or you should just read. Gullie and myself both said we can't be considered favorites until we win a game at state, which we haven't done in two years. I'd say that's stepping up. I'm sure others on our team would say something but me and Gullie are the only two that are bored enough to engage. Lol

Reading is hard. And this helps pass the time now that it's the summer and all I have to do is golf until fall

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
QC and Wild Rice to Grand Forks, MMB, 3X and as stated by you the most overrated team in ND(DMVW) to Shako

Anarchy wins GF Open. Johnnys in Rec I. 3X should go far in Shakopee. MMB should win a few games. You guys should win a few if you bring your bats. Corral wins Bismarck. ****son Law is now the head on fav in D in my mind.

Bormann9

Good Luck to all teams this week - June is here and softball is in full swing - For those guys heading to Shakopee I'll see you all Sunday should be pulling in late Saturday night.

TT16

Good Luck to all teams this week - June is here and softball is in full swing - For those guys heading to Shakopee I'll see you all Sunday should be pulling in late Saturday night.

Good luck to you as well. Bring home some hardware!

Billy Packer

Shakopee thoughts:

DMVW: T7. Beat some good teams, lost to some good teams. Played well, some tough conditions to score runs. Showed that we can play with some good MN teams..

3x: 4th. Everyone knew they could hit but the new guys in the infield make them more solid defensively than they have been. Didn't see Sundays loss but looks like they lost by 1 to the maniax who they beat by 1 to start the tournament.

MMB: 1-2. Beat the defending champs in OSS but got smoked by blue line.. tough to make a big run in a stacked tourney without your full team. I'm sure they'll rebound and have a good showing this weekend.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Shakopee thoughts:

DMVW: T7. Beat some good teams, lost to some good teams. Played well, some tough conditions to score runs. Showed that we can play with some good MN teams..

3x: 4th. Everyone knew they could hit but the new guys in the infield make them more solid defensively than they have been. Didn't see Sundays loss but looks like they lost by 1 to the maniax who they beat by 1 to start the tournament.

MMB: 1-2. Beat the defending champs in OSS but got smoked by blue line.. tough to make a big run in a stacked tourney without your full team. I'm sure they'll rebound and have a good showing this weekend.

We walked in like 9 runs in one inning against them. They're a good team but it was a game until we did that. I knew losing Johnny was a big deal for us but who knew it would be THAT big of a deal. Also yes, missing our two best infielders hurt as well. Either way, it was a rough weekend for us and hopefully this weekend is better, although I'm not pumped about getting to open against Heartland for the second year in a row, lol.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Interesting outcome from the Forks Tournament

Shako: First off gotta give major credit to how that tournament was run, had no issues even though there was steady rain all Saturday morning and early afternoon, got a field drag after every game and the umpires didn't open up the strike zone to hurry games up. Great complex, a must attend tournament for anyone that has never been before.
Second, Heartland can still hit the skin off a softball, The Box looked good but I am sure they are unhappy with how they ended up if you're not first you're last. I didn't get a chance to see MMB play but from what I heard they got a really tough draw. And there were a lot of walks in one particular game, however in Dennis's defense that wind was brutal. DMVW played well probably should have won at least one more game but anything was an improvement from our last tournament so I ll take it.

See y'all this weekend in Fargo.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Interesting outcome from the Forks Tournament

Shako: First off gotta give major credit to how that tournament was run, had no issues even though there was steady rain all Saturday morning and early afternoon, got a field drag after every game and the umpires didn't open up the strike zone to hurry games up. Great complex, a must attend tournament for anyone that has never been before.
Second, Heartland can still hit the skin off a softball, The Box looked good but I am sure they are unhappy with how they ended up if you're not first you're last. I didn't get a chance to see MMB play but from what I heard they got a really tough draw. And there were a lot of walks in one particular game, however in Dennis's defense that wind was brutal. DMVW played well probably should have won at least one more game but anything was an improvement from our last tournament so I ll take it.

See y'all this weekend in Fargo.

Also in my defense, I'm not a good pitcher. So there's that too, lol. I just need to stick to being a big donkey that hits hard and leave the pitching to the pros.

sendit69

Mich Golden Predictions

Open:
Heartland
The Box
RMI
QC
SOT
Corral Bar
MMB
Dvorak
Dodgers

D
Dahme
D*ckson Law
Inges
Roadhouse 81
Livewire
DMVW
Corral Bar
Aftermath
MDI

Last edited:

cheee

Diamond Dawg
Maybe I missed this conversation but how is Livewire “D” after finishing 2nd at D state last year?
Why are we D again? I have no idea. A handful of us were gonna retire and the rest were gonna hop on other teams. Got the call in December saying we were being put to D+ not C so we could stay D for one more year. Majority of the team came back. A few moved on to other teams. So we said we will give it another year. Mostly due to D nationals being I. Fargo.

bstark28

Starting Player
Mich Golden Predictions

Open:
Heartland
The Box
RMI
QC
SOT
Corral Bar
MMB
Dvorak
Dodgers

D
Dahme
D*ckson Law
Inges
Roadhouse 81
Livewire
DMVW
Corral Bar
Aftermath
MDI

The Open should be interesting, lot of good teams and should be a battle for the money between the seven remaining C teams, especially now that one of the favorites to finish in the $$$ added a B+ player to their C roster, thus removing themselves from the C winnings (or so I was told).

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
The Open should be interesting, lot of good teams and should be a battle for the money between the seven remaining C teams, especially now that one of the favorites to finish in the $$$ added a B+ player to their C roster, thus removing themselves from the C winnings (or so I was told).

Accurate information. We picked up Chad Dahl for this tourney so that he could play. Was a front office move. Lol.

NDSoftballJesus

The Rookie
Busch Light Open:
2 b teams - MMB and Heartland
1 C team - 3x Gear the box

Can't win any money in the Open. That sounds like ND softball to me.

Isn't Chad Dahl the guy from Terrible Swing Tuesday this week? He's really worth $1,400? WOW....

bstark28

Starting Player
Busch Light Open:

Isn't Chad Dahl the guy from Terrible Swing Tuesday this week? He's really worth $1,400? WOW....

Right, but w/ND's stipulation where 3X can't play C tourneys in the state this year, I'd venture to assume that that removes them from the big money too.

At any rate, still have to go out and worry about your own squad, rather than who is playing for what prize pool.

37_int

Coach
Busch Light Open:

Well Chad has been on our roster for the last 4 years, and instead of him not getting to play in this tournament (getting bumped to B+ from B last year) we decided as a team to have him play since it's open. Not even going to go down the mess of the ASA classification path, and some of the approvals/denials that went on this past off season. So yes by adding one B+ player now makes our C team an open team removing us from C $.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
Well Chad has been on our roster for the last 4 years, and instead of him not getting to play in this tournament (getting bumped to B+ from B last year) we decided as a team to have him play since it's open. Not even going to go down the mess of the ASA classification path, and some of the approvals/denials that went on this past off season. So yes by adding one B+ player now makes our C team an open team removing us from C $.

I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe it is. But he definitely played against your team in McQuades in 2015.

ee0f7cf745aea722029abf420a79f868.png

37_int

Coach
I'm not sure if that's true. Maybe it is. But he definitely played against your team in McQuades in 2015.

View attachment 48848
Very certain that is accurate. We were a D team playing up in the C for 2015. Chad would have gone to nationals in OKC that year because C and D were different weekends but ASA rules didn’t allow.

Bormann9

Travis - He isn't on your roster this year right? If he is your a B team and should have to come play in MN with us. haha... I'm sure you guys/Gulmon were aware of that and followed the proper channels. I know Chad tried to appeal but was denied - o well - play on. Can't get down if you don't try.

As far as that other post who cares about that guy - he's just stirring the pot.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
Very certain that is accurate. We were a D team playing up in the C for 2015. Chad would have gone to nationals in OKC that year because C and D were different weekends but ASA rules didn’t allow.

Oh. Well, that explains why I was able to pencil him in on my lineup instead that year.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
Travis - He isn't on your roster this year right? If he is your a B team and should have to come play in MN with us. haha... I'm sure you guys/Gulmon were aware of that and followed the proper channels. I know Chad tried to appeal but was denied - o well - play on. Can't get down if you don't try.

As far as that other post who cares about that guy - he's just stirring the pot.

Not by us. By the national office, in accordance with rules. Can't really appeal a bump from 2017 when it's only 2018. Basically wasn't even a valid appeal, in that sense.