Some big time potential match ups

C
Anarchy v MMB
Anarchy or MMB v New Era

New Era v GS
New Era v Smoke

Smoke v Santa Clarita
Smoke v AMS or QC

Those are just a few of the potential barn burners in the winner's bracket, there are sure to be some epic match ups in the losers bracket.

D
2nd Round potential big games, single elimination there will be a lot of good D teams done playing on Saturday. Top half of the bracket looks to have the heaviest favorites to win it all/ Inges having what looks like a pretty smooth path to the ship in the bottom half.

Corral v Homesteaders
DMVW v CoDak (big match up)
Hawkeye v NES
Katzer v ****son (big match up)
Titan v MDI
Lucky's v Livewire
Rampage v Rhombus
Inges v Wings and Rings

sendit69

Great predictions fellas ..

But i must add, you are overlooking some teams from up North that are coming to take what is theirs....

Go on.......... I' am open to hearing arguments to as why you think RMI (early bird all stars) Hashers (very hot and cold) First Class (playing in C ah ok)? Wild Bills (will get a wake up call in C) Southgate (why even make the trip) Go Hard or Go Home (mystery team maybe they are actually good). Will Finish at the top this weekend.

Enlighten me please.

Jim_Chimney

RMI and Wild Bills will have no problem competing with any of the so-called 'favorites' in the C-bracket as both have beaten QC, MMB, Anarchy, etc. With both teams only getting better this season, there's no reason they won't potentially be contenders down in Bismarck this weekend. First Class might be playing above their heads a bit in C... on that I would agree. The argument for the Hashers being a factor in D should be obvious since they've already 15-runned both Anarchy & DMVW this year. They're definitely a hot/cold squad, but that plays to their advantage in single elim. Southgate is mostly going to down just to have fun.. and I haven't a clue who that mystery GF team is so we'll see how that goes.

Either way, it's clear that a majority of the consistent posters here are from Fargo and that leads to a flood of 'homer' predictions for nearly every tourney. But that's cool, it's fun to scratch each others nuts every once in awhile~

giphy.gif

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
RMI and Wild Bills will have no problem competing with any of the so-called 'favorites' in the C-bracket as both have beaten QC, MMB, Anarchy, etc. With both teams only getting better this season, there's no reason they won't potentially be contenders down in Bismarck this weekend. First Class might be playing above their heads a bit in C... on that I would agree. The argument for the Hashers being a factor in D should be obvious since they've already 15-runned both Anarchy & DMVW this year. They're definitely a hot/cold squad, but that plays to their advantage in single elim. Southgate is mostly going to down just to have fun.. and I haven't a clue who that mystery GF team is so we'll see how that goes.

Either way, it's clear that a majority of the consistent posters here are from Fargo and that leads to a flood of 'homer' predictions for nearly every tourney. But that's cool, it's fun to scratch each others nuts every once in awhile~

giphy.gif

It's also hard to pick any GF teams when none of you ever leave your JV fields. Can't pick Wild Bill's (who I agree have been good in the past) because nobody has seen them this year, can't pick RMI because they didnt do so well on regulation fields when they came to Fargo. If you want to be taken seriously, come to more tourneys and place, and you'll be taken more seriously. My opinion.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Great tournament. Great seeing you all!

A few expected runs, a few big upsets, a few out of state teams doing big things, and a few beers were had.

Congrats to all those that placed!

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I can only speak first hand for the Rec 1 side of things, but it was a fun bracket.

I'm shocked Proz went 0-2. They're the best Rec 1 team in the state, IMO, but they didn't show up at McQuades for the 2nd year in a row.

Wild Rice made a good run, but the Center team hit their way to a well deserved victory. Both teams looked good. Solid hitting and solid D.

Center's bats went cold against JB Brothers who hit their way to the ship. Feel bad for the guy from Center that busted up his knee sliding into 2nd. Hope he gets some good news today; that looked nasty.

As for us, we played well all weekend until we ran into the buzz saw that is JB Brothers. Those boys can play ball. They deserved that 1st place victory. Hope to see them at State for a little revenge!

Good games to everyone we played and watched; it was a real fun weekend.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I can only speak first hand for the Rec 1 side of things, but it was a fun bracket.

I'm shocked Proz went 0-2. They're the best Rec 1 team in the state, IMO, but they didn't show up at McQuades for the 2nd year in a row.

Wild Rice made a good run, but the Center team hit their way to a well deserved victory. Both teams looked good. Solid hitting and solid D.

Center's bats went cold against JB Brothers who hit their way to the ship. Feel bad for the guy from Center that busted up his knee sliding into 2nd. Hope he gets some good news today; that looked nasty.

As for us, we played well all weekend until we ran into the buzz saw that is JB Brothers. Those boys can play ball. They deserved that 1st place victory. Hope to see them at State for a little revenge!

Good games to everyone we played and watched; it was a real fun weekend.
Taylor, Johnny's is sure working hard to become a D team I think with great showings this year, ha ha.

It was a good McQuades weekend and some great ball. Some great surprises during games that is for sure.

At least we mostly finished the tournament before the rain although it would've been fun to see the real results of Smoke vs Corral in the C.

smoke28

Addicted to Softballfans
Taylor, Johnny's is sure working hard to become a D team I think with great showings this year, ha ha.

It was a good McQuades weekend and some great ball. Some great surprises during games that is for sure.

At least we mostly finished the tournament before the rain although it would've been fun to see the real results of Smoke vs Corral in the C.
Yeah it sucks they stopped our game in the second inning because the rain came down. It would have been a fun game to play against them again.

poalrisxltsp

Addicted to Softballfans
Did anyone else notice the large amount of low scoring games? From the games I watched it seemed to me like the ball was different. Didn't have that same "Crack" that it normally does. The Rec 2 games I saw had Zero HR's hit. Even the C teams were not hitting them like they normally would. Talking to the umpires they did not see many either. They also stated none of the balls were new. Just something I noticed. Was a fun weekend overall.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Did anyone else notice the large amount of low scoring games? From the games I watched it seemed to me like the ball was different. Didn't have that same "Crack" that it normally does. The Rec 2 games I saw had Zero HR's hit. Even the C teams were not hitting them like they normally would. Talking to the umpires they did not see many either. They also stated none of the balls were new. Just something I noticed. Was a fun weekend overall.

You're not wrong on that. I think it's because they had us on fields 5, 7, and 8 all weekend which had the winds blowing pretty hard in. We had plenty of hard hit balls in our games that would get crushed and not go out so we started hitting low. In 7 games I think we only hit like 16 HRs and 13-14 of those were from three of us. Tougher to score runs when the long ball is taken away.

Last edited:

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Open
The ND Open teams were no match for Monsta. Heatland and The Box have gone back and forth all year long. Monsta Jv shocked the Super team and embarrass everyone on how to play softball.

C
Will be wide open again for state with Mmb and QC prolly going far again. Corral had a nice run and wouldve been nice to see them get another crack at the Smoke. The Smoke boys can play some defense.

D
Out of state teams made the ship again. Unacceptable. As always, some surprises. DLaw bounced back after losing right away to take 5th. Still think theyre the best team. Dmvw is prolly the best when they show up, but can be beat by anyone when they dont.

Rec1
Williston JBs gets them another D team. Time to step up D*ckinson, Jamestown, Minot. Just saying. Grand Forks will get another with Johnnys.

Not impressed with what I saw in the open. Other than The Box having a decent game against Monsta A, and getting called time limit in the 6th down 7, I wasn't impressed. The San Antonio team obviously couldnt hang with the open field but kudos for trying. The Monsta teams definitely stood head and shoulders above the others. Heartland looked really confused saturday, due to bats and gloves not being 'nsync, but they figured it out sunday and sent that box team back to whatever bar they were still clearly at from the night before.

C looked pretty even from what I could tell. Seemed like a lot of low scoring games. Really didnt see many homeruns, probably due to Big Cats wind theory. Honestly though it didnt look like the balls were coming off that well? Could there be a ball conspiracy taking place because the open hit plenty of homeruns from what I saw?

Better question is will QC every forgive Siver for giving up on his team? Better melt down had to be the sickies pitcher losing his marbles. GS Sports laying the proverbial egg once again....what happened to them? Corral looked good though, maybe RJ on the mound is the answer. It brought the dynasty back to the spotlight.....I thought MMB was going to for sure eclipse the 4 spot. After last years run I thought for sure the Anarchy boys would push through.

D is always a **** show though, lets be honest here. One loss biz makes it anyones game. Really thought after Mich Gld, we were going to see DMVW establish dominance...wasnt the case though. Can beach get those MDI guys on the winning track every again? AMS made a nice run too, those guys are active in the field.

Thats the rant for today....since there is really nothing left until state I suppose everyone will hibernate. tootles

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Not impressed with what I saw in the open. Other than The Box having a decent game against Monsta A, and getting called time limit in the 6th down 7, I wasn't impressed. The San Antonio team obviously couldnt hang with the open field but kudos for trying. The Monsta teams definitely stood head and shoulders above the others. Heartland looked really confused saturday, due to bats and gloves not being 'nsync, but they figured it out sunday and sent that box team back to whatever bar they were still clearly at from the night before.

C looked pretty even from what I could tell. Seemed like a lot of low scoring games. Really didnt see many homeruns, probably due to Big Cats wind theory. Honestly though it didnt look like the balls were coming off that well? Could there be a ball conspiracy taking place because the open hit plenty of homeruns from what I saw?

Better question is will QC every forgive Siver for giving up on his team? Better melt down had to be the sickies pitcher losing his marbles. GS Sports laying the proverbial egg once again....what happened to them? Corral looked good though, maybe RJ on the mound is the answer. It brought the dynasty back to the spotlight.....I thought MMB was going to for sure eclipse the 4 spot. After last years run I thought for sure the Anarchy boys would push through.

D is always a **** show though, lets be honest here. One loss biz makes it anyones game. Really thought after Mich Gld, we were going to see DMVW establish dominance...wasnt the case though. Can beach get those MDI guys on the winning track every again? AMS made a nice run too, those guys are active in the field.

Thats the rant for today....since there is really nothing left until state I suppose everyone will hibernate. tootles

How do you get tossed for the year after winning a game 19-1? That guy has about the worst case of small man syndrome I've ever seen. He's probably a really tall tough guy back in the shire though...