ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Jim_Chimney

Depends on what BEEFY MMB players were there, my guess is they sent their scrubs up there and all the Grand Forks players secretly wanted their autographs. Similar to when the Twins send their player caravan around to all towns in North Dakota, you have to be a super fan to know who the hell they are.

Solid guess, besides the fact that MMB would never allow an actual "scrub" to play for them. My guess is that's why you'll never be on their squad. But yeah, everyone in Forks who saw those sweet-ass MMB hats was just dying for an autograph.. or a ZJ~

Speaking of super fan weirdos though, I wish you all the best in your curious quest to learn about other teams weekend softball plans.. #getalife

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Solid guess, besides the fact that MMB would never allow an actual "scrub" to play for them. My guess is that's why you'll never be on their squad. But yeah, everyone in Forks who saw those sweet-ass MMB hats was just dying for an autograph.. or a ZJ~

Speaking of super fan weirdos though, I wish you all the best in your curious quest to learn about other teams weekend softball plans.. #getalife

He wants us to talk about his team. QC is going to Litchfield.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Depends on what BEEFY MMB players were there, my guess is they sent their scrubs up there and all the Grand Forks players secretly wanted their autographs. Similar to when the Twins send their player caravan around to all towns in North Dakota, you have to be a super fan to know who the hell they are.
Seth, Mellmer, and Matt played with First Class Mortgage. They're kinda beefy.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
How'd everybody end up this weekend. I know a few of the results, but not all. It would have been nice for Rumors to come to DL, we would have enjoyed working them in the silver division.

Hashin _5

How'd everybody end up this weekend. I know a few of the results, but not all. It would have been nice for Rumors to come to DL, we would have enjoyed working them in the silver division.

DL isn't in Grand Forks so there's no way we would ever go there. We prefer these tiny fields so we feel decent about ourselves. It's all about confidence ya know?! What team do you play for?

sendit69

Good Weekend for ball this past weekend weather wise. From what I've heard results from the weekend:

Brainerd
Box/3x 2nd
Rhombus with a good showing got 6th I believe, if they can play like that in D state and Nats they will be a tough out

Litchfield
QC: 6th or 7th not sure exactly but finished just outside the money I believe, the fact they showed up on Sunday is a win in itself.

DL
MMB 1st obviously it was an unlimited HR tournament, now if only they would make state unlimited HR's.
DMVW 4th I think after they shagged balls for MMB during the HR derby they stopped caring
The Box JV 5th couldn't keep up with MMB's varsity team.

There was no tournament in Grand Forks so no Grand Forks teams played this weekend.

I see the old thread peeked its head out of the swamp, lets bury that back where it belongs.

Looked like some ND teams in multiple tiers are heading to fireman's this weekend, is there anything else going on?

Jim_Chimney

I see the old thread peeked its head out of the swamp, lets bury that back where it belongs.

Looked like some ND teams in multiple tiers are heading to fireman's this weekend, is there anything else going on?

You've obviously spent a lot (too much) time watching the beasts of ND slow-pitch and you should really know better than to aggravate them at this point. But since you're all "Curious George" about the weekend, I'll enlighten you slightly..

MMB & the Box will be waxing their taints. Stop by Nails 2000 on Main if you want to check it out or get your hands on a few stray hairs.
Most of DMVW will be at my grandma's baby shower on Saturday so they won't be playing.
Livewire will be taking morning & evening BP on Sat/Sun to prepare for their early August sand-bagging in Bismarck.
QC might go to Fireman's if they can find a couple suckers to agree to ride down with Tony.
Rhombus.. pfff, who cares. Grand Forks/Bismarck.. who cares~

cheee

Diamond Dawg
You've obviously spent a lot (too much) time watching the beasts of ND slow-pitch and you should really know better than to aggravate them at this point. But since you're all "Curious George" about the weekend, I'll enlighten you slightly..

MMB & the Box will be waxing their taints. Stop by Nails 2000 on Main if you want to check it out or get your hands on a few stray hairs.
Most of DMVW will be at my grandma's baby shower on Saturday so they won't be playing.
Livewire will be taking morning & evening BP on Sat/Sun to prepare for their early August sand-bagging in Bismarck.
QC might go to Fireman's if they can find a couple suckers to agree to ride down with Tony.
Rhombus.. pfff, who cares. Grand Forks/Bismarck.. who cares~

We are to old for that much BP fella. Specially on a Saturday and Sunday.

sendit69

I've heard rumblings around the diamonds that Anarchy and their new Nitrous bat is more durable and hotter than anything monsta has put out. Any truth to this or is it just talk? Carl and Monsta a little worried? Saw he's posting about a new technology that will allow him to make a 23oz bat that is durable, something I'd have to see to believe.

jemelehill

Round 1: MMB over Dvorak, Eide over AMS, RMI over Racine, Wild Bills over SOT
Round 2: MMB over Corral, Eide over Sickies, QC over RMI, Wild Bills over Mulligans
Round 3: MMB over Eide, Wild Bills over QC
Round 4: MMB over Wild Bills
Losers-Corral, Sickies, RMI, Mulligans win their 1st. Corral over Sickies, RMI over Mulligans, Corral over QC, Eide over RMI, Corral over Eide, Corral over Wild Bills,
MMB over Corral for the title.

Round 1: MMB over Dvorak, AMS over Eide, RMI over Racine, SOT over Wild Bills
Round 2: Corral over MMB, AMS over Sickies, QC over RMI, SOT over Mulligans
Round 3: Corral over AMS, QC over SOT
Round 4: Corral over QC
Losers- MMB comes back and loses to Corral for title.

Bormann9

The Anarchy bats are good. We have a few guys using them in games/tourneys now and really like them.

C state Tourney finishes:

Top 3 finishers:
RMI
Corral
MMB

Jim_Chimney

C State:

Top 4
Corral
MMB
Hot Ham 'n' Cheese
RMI

D State :

Top 4
Inges
Taintski Floral
Rhombus
Southgate

Last edited:

Jim_Chimney

Round 1: MMB over Dvorak, AMS over Eide, RMI over Racine, SOT over Wild Bills
Round 2: Corral over MMB, AMS over Sickies, QC over RMI, SOT over Mulligans
Round 3: Corral over AMS, QC over SOT
Round 4: Corral over QC
Losers- MMB comes back and loses to Corral for title.

If anybody knows 3B from Corral, you absolutely NEED to get him to a doctor regarding his obvious scoliosis. I know he's super cool and what not, but he definitely has spinal issues that need to be addressed before his next competitive game of slow-pitch~

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
C
1 MMB
2 QC
3 Corral
4 RMI

MMB Corral early sucks. But overall a good, balanced bracket. Winner of Eide-AMS should do some damage.

D
1 DLaw
2 Rhombus
3 Dmvw
4 Inges

Not really any surprises in the finish. There are usually a few upsets at D state. Winner of Dmvw-DLaw to the ship. Some teams may have to play 3 in a row early. That's odd theyd set it up that way. Winner of Rhombus-Inges to undefeated game.