Need advice Monsta Bombardier 375/44 balls

Redimport95

Star Player
I recently purchased a monsta Bombardier. My league uses 375/44 balls. I know the site recommends using 52/300 but i just love the feel of the bat. I understand the duribilty of the bat is affected but how severly. Thanks i just to want the bat to break after 10 hits. Anyone else have issues with these???

kj13

Addicted to Softballfans
It will break. Don’t do it. May not be in 10 swings, but won’t last the season.

Country469

Yeah, everyone who used 44 375s and sends their monsta back will have their warranty denied. Carl, unlike any other person on earth, can tell what cor and comp balls were used to break his bats. Dude is such a genius, no one else on earth can do that but him. He'll void your **** right away and tell you that you lie if you come with any real evidence. You're pretty much screwed now. Sorry bout your luck.

jhitman

Not to hijack, but they ruined the softball 360 show as well and the whole show is about Monsta. My buddy ordered a bat from them last Summer and didn't get the bat for 5-6 months. Great service there...….sorry for the rant..... but everyone is right the bat will get destroyed with the 44 cor 375 comp softballs.

StickCollector

Yes, it will change the longevity of the bat. It wont break in 10 swings. We just changed to 52/300 this year. A lefty on my team has had a Bomb since they were first released. Has been using it since new, he only makes it to about half the games. But he does take BP with it and used it for the 44s. A few other teammates use the DNA, also LC. Use it at your own risk, try not to let it become a team bat.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i played with a guy who used one of the first bombardiers for 3 years with mixes of 44/375 and 52/300's and is a bigger guy. he didn't use it as a team bat and it was fine.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Not to hijack, but they ruined the softball 360 show as well and the whole show is about Monsta. My buddy ordered a bat from them last Summer and didn't get the bat for 5-6 months. Great service there...….sorry for the rant..... but everyone is right the bat will get destroyed with the 44 cor 375 comp softballs.

This. Also, if you need a Monsta to feel like a real man hitting .44 375s then maybe softball isn't the game for you.

jhitman

This. Also, if you need a Monsta to feel like a real man hitting .44 375s then maybe softball isn't the game for you.

I agree TW. The Miken/Worth are great bats IMO. I swung a Monsta one time and really didn't like the feel of the bat. It didn't feel to me to be well constructed.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I agree TW. The Miken/Worth are great bats IMO. I swung a Monsta one time and really didn't like the feel of the bat. It didn't feel to me to be well constructed.

Yeah. I had to be the only person swinging Easton at McQuades in ND this year. You know what? The Eastons performed just fine. I think people were spoon-fed a bunch of BS about how much better Monstas are than other bats. I don't like them either. Horrible feel.

dunkky

I think the hype is over now. I haven't tried either torch or dna, but bombardier that i tried, a good stick no doubt, but it's no close to what monsta fanboys believes it is. I find myself picking up my est xxl most of the time. when connected right, that 1oz endload will out whip any other bat out there that i tried so far. it's insanely hot now, guys are swinging xxl over Harvey and ghost.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
they are def a midload bat even the dna mutated which is supposed to be endloaded i guess. i think they are one of the best bats on the market performance wise. but thats not saying much. every other 2015+ asa bat i've swung is just as hot. i think the biggest thing that has people all hyped up is the 25oz swing weight because lighter means faster which means better performance....duh. but my 26oz est xl weight 25.6oz.

jhitman

Yeah. I had to be the only person swinging Easton at McQuades in ND this year. You know what? The Eastons performed just fine. I think people were spoon-fed a bunch of BS about how much better Monstas are than other bats. I don't like them either. Horrible feel.

Easton's are good if you have the time to break them in. People get too impatient and won't dedicate the time in BP to getting them up to speed.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
There's no doubt that the "M's" perform. Every team this year is using them and killing..bombs, torches DNA's. Demarini took a back seat. Guys that really never hit HR's are blasting with these. I didn't even try (have a few on the team). 25oz and 26oz balanced just not for me

ShortYellowBus

There's no doubt that the "M's" perform. Every team this year is using them and killing..bombs, torches DNA's. Demarini took a back seat. Guys that really never hit HR's are blasting with these. I didn't even try (have a few on the team). 25oz and 26oz balanced just not for me
All new bats are terrific. Monsta is just another option.

If you’re one of the guys who like them and it fits your swing, I can’t say anything that’ll change your mind about them. Enjoy.

However, I blame them for other manufacturers dropping 28 and 30oz options.

das028

We switched from 52's to 44's this year and Ive been gaming my OG Flipper for the very same reason you want to use your Monsta. So far so good.(knock on wood). Got 4 games left, so we'll see

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans

Every PA state tourney 75% of the teams dugouts are full on Monstas. The Amish still swing the demarini though.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans

If you’re one of the guys who like them and it fits your swing, I can’t say anything that’ll change your mind about them. Enjoy.

However, I blame them for other manufacturers dropping 28 and 30oz options.

Oh no not for me. I love demarini...using the Deuce for ASA right now. Just in a slump and then the 145 lb catcher comes up with the 25oz M and makes me look like I should be in the stands :p

Every PA state tourney 75% of the teams dugouts are full on Monstas. The Amish still swing the demarini though.

Ya...it was just my observation also. We still have some demarini's and a few Eastons but M is taking over like the pod people.

ShortYellowBus

Oh no not for me. I love demarini...using the Deuce for ASA right now. Just in a slump and then the 145 lb catcher comes up with the 25oz M and makes me look like I should be in the stands :p

Ya...it was just my observation also. We still have some demarini's and a few Eastons but M is taking over like the pod people.
My pitcher is 140lbs, swings only 30oz bats and leads the league in home runs.

And, he bats from both sides with power.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
My pitcher is 140lbs, swings only 30oz bats and leads the league in home runs.

And, he bats from both sides with power.

Sounds like he's played the game a lot and if he swings a 30oz both sides of the plate, most would think he's played a lot . I probably shouldn't have used size as a determining factor maybe I should have said experience. The guy that I mentioned is a fill in player, and hasn't played a lot of ball. If he switched hit he wouldn't know what to do. The reason I brought up size is even if a player hasn't played a lot there is a possibility that he could tag one even though he hasn't swung a lot. I've see guys over 3 bills not get it out of the infield with consistency but when someone with hardly any ball experience (baseball or softball) and is of slight stature hits a ball like that...have to check the weapon just to make sure? I wouldn't hesitate to give him a different bat and lay down money that he wouldn't have the same result. I've seen too many monster homers this year and just about all have been with the "M" bats...not all but most.

Last edited:

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a guy I play with that uses his bombardier and AM with a red stitch sb12 for 2 years and both sound like shotguns. Neither has broken but they definitely do not have much life left.

Country469

1. My pitcher is 90 lbs and hits it 500 feet and shoots fire out of his ******* while he pump fakes.
2. The amish need to get with Carl and have signature model, sig model of Elija Yoder hiself
3. stfu about monsta

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon

However, I blame them for other manufacturers dropping 28 and 30oz options

I swing 30 oz and it seems only certain models come in this size anymore. It is sad. Did swing a NOW Combat Guilt 2 today on beat up .52 core 300 balls and was quite surprised. Seemed to almost be on par with my 300 hit 2017 30 oz dc41 and was right there with my brand NOW 2017 usssa est xl today. Can’t wait to get the dc and est broken in as none are on par with my beat up 30 oz 2015 blue and orange ressy. Bro just got a 28.5 Purcell (100 swings) and the Guilt2 is definitely performing better at this point. Really surprising and hopefully that changes.

Last edited: