Need an ASA Single wall bat

zaniac

The Veteran
Haven't purchased a single wall bat in forever. Need a good bat for team use. Some of the new ones I'm looking at are the salvo scandium and Anderson flex. Don't want to spend a ton for a white steel. Any thoughts? Has anyone here compared the salvo vs the flex? ****s sporting goods has the flex on sale for 150.... Is that the tie breaker vs the salvo? Thanks for the help:thumb:

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Easton L9.0 and new 2015 Salvo Scandium (SP15SVS) are basically the same bat, one piece singlewall, L9.0 came out in 2013/2014. Both have progressive endloads (1 oz endload for 26 oz bat, 2 oz endload for 27 oz bat). Easton L7.0 is a 2-piece singlewall with composite handle (same progressive endload). Easton L7.0 would have a softer/more flexible handle while the Easton L9.0 would have a stiffer handle. I would think the Easton L7.0 would hit the 44/375 softballs better than then the L9.0 but the L9.0 would do better with the 52/300 softballs.

These are fairly close to the 2012 Salvo scandium as well (SP12SVS) but I am pretty sure that did not have a progressive endload. Check out this thread for a write up on a number of different singlewalls, post # 54 ( we compared the new Evil Prototype singlewall to the Anderson OG Nanotek, Anderson Flex, Demarini White Steel, Demarini Raw Steel, Demarini Ultimate Weapon, & Easton L9.0):

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1413852&page=4

Cannot go wrong with either the Salvo Scandium, L9.0 or L7.0. The Anderson Flex will probably be a more durable bat but I don't think it has as much pop & its hard to get past that metal ting sound it produces. Hopefully Evil sports will get their Evil Prototype ASA approved soon, I liked that bat a lot as well
JJ

zaniac

The Veteran
Thanks guys. This is very helpful. Probably gonna go with one of the eastons and then pick up the new demarini steel when it comes out next month. I figure that will get our team through the season. Good stuff. Thanks for the quick replies.

RollieA

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm also looking for a 1pc single wall aluminum with the new USSSA stamp. What do you guys recommend?

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I'm also looking for a 1pc single wall aluminum with the new USSSA stamp. What do you guys recommend?

OG Nanotek. Model# 11026 was the USSSA only version & the later production runs had the USSSA 1.20 BPF thumbprint stamp (pretty much the ones that have the lettering "SINGLEWALL" on them). Earlier production runs did not have the thumbprint stamp but were USSSA approved.

Later runs of the model #11027 OG Nanotek ASA/USSSA may also have the new USSSA thumbprint but these are going to be harder to find & more expensive as they are still very much sought after in ASA leagues.

Most other post 2012 production one piece singlewalls should also have the new USSSA thumbprint stamp
Easton Salvo Scandiums (SP12SVS, SP13L9, SP15SVS)
Anderson Ignite & Flex
Demarini Ultimate Weapon

Those would be your best one-piece options

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Good info, both of mine are #11027, but nether have the thumbprint. But they do have USSSA on them.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Good info, both of mine are #11027.

Do they have the USSSA thumbprint stamp or just the old USSSA stamp (basically just lettering "USSSA BPF 1.20")? duh--you already answered that

Funny thing is none of my ASA (11027) OG Nano's have the USSSA thumbprint stamp, just the old USSSA stamp. My model #11026 Nano's which have the "SINGLEWALL" lettering also have the thumbprint USSSA stamp, however, I also have a model #11026 Nano without the "SINGLEWALL" letting and that one only has the old OLD USSSA stamp (not the new one)

My guess is that probably around early-mid 2011 ABC started putting the lettering "SINGLEWALL" on all the Nano's & converted to the new USSSA thumbprint stamp.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Come to think of it, not sure if I have ever seen an ASA/USSSA Approved model 11027 with a thumbprint Utrip stamp, & I would say at least 12 have passed thru my fingers in the past 3 years. That might be a question for FriscoKid or the man himself (Tumblebug). I do know for a fact at least some of the Utrip only 11026's have the 2012 Utrip thumbprint (which I believe is still acceptable in Utrip sanctioned leagues).

I have the the salvo connexion from 2012. I love it but its to flexy in the handle for my taste. It crushes 52's and is pretty nice with 44's as well. From what I read the new salvo metal or the L9 is basically the same bat except for possibly the endload oz for oz just a one vs two piece preference?

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I have the the salvo connexion from 2012. I love it but its to flexy in the handle for my taste. It crushes 52's and is pretty nice with 44's as well. From what I read the new salvo metal or the L9 is basically the same bat except for possibly the endload oz for oz just a one vs two piece preference?

In 2012 Easton made 2 top end singlewall metal bats:
SP12SVS-Easton Salvo Scandium one piece singlewall
SP12SVC-Easton Salvo Scandium two piece singlewall (composite handle)

In 2014 the L9.0 (SP13L9) replaced the SP12SVS & the L7.0 replaced the SP12SVC. Biggest change was a progressive endload on the L series bats (1 oz on a 26 oz bat, 2 oz on a 27 oz bat, etc.). In 2015 SP15SVS replaced the L9.0 (SP139.0) with the same progressive endload.

Sounds like you had the SP12SVC (two-piece singlewall w/ composite handle). The SP12SVS/L9.0/SP15SVS is going to be one-piece with a stiffer handle
JJ