Need an opinion

**** move?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

blakcherry329

What you fail to understand is i can objectively discuss things without them being about myself personally. It is the rule, it's not that serious, and i wouldn't have said **** about him or called it out. You asked if they're dbs and they are not. If anyone is really a db it's your team getting pissed about them playing by the rules when all you had to do was pick someone up. Especially the guys not shaking hands. If it's not serious enough to play by all the rules its damn sure not serious enough to ***** out and not shake hands.

You think not taking an out is no big deal. All those things i stated are rules, and I've seen teams do that. I've seen teams ask to play without matching unis, then turn around and forfeit the people that let them slide the next time they play. I've seen teams ***** at another team about not modifying the rules mid-game for any number of reasons, and it usually heads toward a fight because of the way they go about it.

I don't understand how this is so hard to understand. Batting out of order, skipping an ab because of injury, asking for a mulligan, they're all asking for exceptions to the rule because now the game isn't serious. If you haven't seen it, consider yourself lucky.

I totally get it. You're THAT GUY. No problem. I didn't say anyone that disagreed with me was wrong, unlike your "objective" take on it. Since I'm asking about opinions, I give my opinion.
All your examples don't matter because I'm talking about an injury related bypassing of a rule. That's it. What don't you understand? Not sure why you're listing all kinds of examples that have nothing to do with a unique situation. You deal in absolutes, black and white, rules no rules. I do not. There can be some grey area just because I think it's the right thing to do.

Redsfan

If that was the rule you gotta live by it and can't get too mad about a team or ump enforcing it. Rules are there for a reason and if you are keeping score it's serious enough to play by the rules.

On a side note, one league I play in has about a million rules but they hardly enforce any of them. Or if they do enforce something it isn't consistent game to game. Gets pretty annoying having "gray area" on every rule in the book. Personally I think if it's a rule enforce it. Glad I just play for fun now.

Country469

real taco here

if its such a low level fun event that you'd gray area rules, who cares about taking an out either. I'm at those things to hit 500' show bombs for little kids and make your wives regret marrying such overweight unathletic slobs

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I totally get it. You're THAT GUY. No problem. I didn't say anyone that disagreed with me was wrong, unlike your "objective" take on it. Since I'm asking about opinions, I give my opinion.
All your examples don't matter because I'm talking about an injury related bypassing of a rule. That's it. What don't you understand? Not sure why you're listing all kinds of examples that have nothing to do with a unique situation. You deal in absolutes, black and white, rules no rules. I do not. There can be some grey area just because I think it's the right thing to do.
Obviously you don't get it or you'd understand your grey areas are just like those others.

My opinion is you can't control what others do and it's pointless to worry about it. I'd be more worried about my own classless teammates that don't shake hands after like some children.

blakcherry329

Obviously you don't get it or you'd understand your grey areas are just like those others.

My opinion is you can't control what others do and it's pointless to worry about it. I'd be more worried about my own classless teammates that don't shake hands after like some children.
Lol. I definitely get it. you sound like a lot of fun to play with. smh :rolleyes: Glad you're being objective. ;)

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were playing a gsl tourney three years ago and this happened. Our third baseman broke a finger on a hot shot, and had to leave. We asked the other team of they cared of we picked someoneup, they said no, so we picked up a teams base coach because he was the only guy not on a roster.

A real ish tourney, but we were both 0-2 at this point, and it was a 3gg. We came back and as the winning run stepped to the plate with a hr left their coach protested our roster.

Did it suck? Hell yeah it did. Nobody hates that more than the guy standing 50' from the batter wearing body Armor for those innings now wasted, but would you keep playing for a team who's coach didn't do that to keep you In the tournament? Most people wouldn't. That's basically why you have a coach. To make that call, take that heat, but keep you playing. It's one reason i quit coaching. People want you to do way more underhanded crap than that to win just on the chance it might work. I love softball, but the average player is a real piece of work.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
You play the game, by the rules, as they are drawn up in the rule book.
If you do this, you never have to question this kind of thing.
Don't make gray area. Play the rules as designed.

Well - I can agree with Country here - IF the tournament means nothing and is ONLY FOR FUN, then the STATED RULES GOING INTO IT should reflect that a lot of the SERIOUS BUSINESS rules (picky) are suspended for this tournament --- Then everyone is playing with the same set of expectations that the game is not going to be played SERIOUSLY BY ALL of the association rules...

But this is the age old story of softball - some players take everything SERIOUSLY and others think it's all unimportant and JUST FOR FUN...

%%%

blakcherry329

We were playing a gsl tourney three years ago and this happened. Our third baseman broke a finger on a hot shot, and had to leave. We asked the other team of they cared of we picked someoneup, they said no, so we picked up a teams base coach because he was the only guy not on a roster.

A real ish tourney, but we were both 0-2 at this point, and it was a 3gg. We came back and as the winning run stepped to the plate with a hr left their coach protested our roster.

Did it suck? Hell yeah it did. Nobody hates that more than the guy standing 50' from the batter wearing body Armor for those innings now wasted, but would you keep playing for a team who's coach didn't do that to keep you In the tournament? Most people wouldn't. That's basically why you have a coach. To make that call, take that heat, but keep you playing. It's one reason i quit coaching. People want you to do way more underhanded crap than that to win just on the chance it might work. I love softball, but the average player is a real piece of work.
So, Mr. "Rules are Rules" asked the other team to do the same exact thing? Wow talk about contradicting yourself. You should have just played with 9. Why, on earth, would you think that was OK???? I'm appalled at your lack of professionalism.

And of course your Classy teammate weren't pissed by falling for the banana in the tail pipe. The opposing coach was a douchebag of the highest level. "Sure you can grab a player" thinking he was going to win anyway. However, if we lose, I'll just protest the guy we told them that could pick up. I'm sure all of your guys shook hands after that.:rolleyes:

Again, I'm not sure what your point is. You basically had the same situation and expecting the same result and got ****ed. So what is the point here?

blakcherry329

Well - I can agree with Country here - IF the tournament means nothing and is ONLY FOR FUN, then the STATED RULES GOING INTO IT should reflect that a lot of the SERIOUS BUSINESS rules (picky) are suspended for this tournament --- Then everyone is playing with the same set of expectations that the game is not going to be played SERIOUSLY BY ALL of the association rules...

But this is the age old story of softball - some players take everything SERIOUSLY and others think it's all unimportant and JUST FOR FUN...

%%%
I also agree with that, unless injury is involved. Then I think it's situational.

huzzdog

retired
this happened to me in a conference tournament in the winners bracket final. inning prior their guy dove in to second trying to stretch out a single... throw came in.. hit him in the head and concussed him. They had 11guys in the lineup.. nobody on their roster in the dugout.. for reference it was 2012 and the team was The Scene. he comes out of the game.. in was top of 7 they were up 20.. so they made outs on purpose not to get to his spot in the order. it came up... our coach lamented.. but said.. don't send him up we won't take the win by forfeit. a mans safety isn't bigger than a softball game. he was trying to stand up because in the conference.. you don't replace him it's a forfeit. bottom of seven we scored 20 to tie and end up winning in the 8th.
bottom line.. much bigger situation.. same idea... don't be a dooshbag. taking an out in that situation is weak sauce. beat who's in front of you.

huzzdog

retired
yes.
when robert blackburn hit a ball at me so hard i couldn't see it.. and it was snowing and 32. coach decided it best if we just meet each other and party. softball was not being played.

Country469

he played with the dude I lift and golf with this year, not asked back either. IDK what happened to him. Went from leading the conference in hitting to like an average a player

huzzdog

retired
life happens and softball becomes less important to you. to play at the level he did... nobody in history worked harder. he hit more bp than anybody i've ever seen

side note.. i never did. the best year i had, i may have taken bp away from the weekend once. but i did work hard in the gym

huzzdog

retired
yeah roids make a difference for sure
the biggest difference maker for any athlete. especially somebody like me who is more of a good hand eye coordination guy than good athlete. i had above average hand eye but just average athleticism. being in shape and training were huge

Last edited:

Country469

The recovery time is insane for sure. Not just from a weight room gains perspcetive but bouncing back between games and **** sheesh.

listen @dunky get on some roids

Last edited:

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Robo still shows up from time to time. Seen him playing some NSA in Burlington. still a nice guy.

OP-"need an opinion that validates my own"

Hiltz

Built for comfort
So, Mr. "Rules are Rules" asked the other team to do the same exact thing? Wow talk about contradicting yourself. You should have just played with 9. Why, on earth, would you think that was OK???? I'm appalled at your lack of professionalism.

Again, I'm not sure what your point is. You basically had the same situation and expecting the same result and got ****ed. So what is the point here?

The point is he didn't come on here afterwards looking to have his feelings validated.

blakcherry329

The point is he didn't come on here afterwards looking to have his feelings validated.
Robo still shows up from time to time. Seen him playing some NSA in Burlington. still a nice guy.

OP-"need an opinion that validates my own"
Um, no, I don't need anything validated. I wanted everyone's opinion, no matter what. Never said anyone else's opinion was wrong, unlike jbo911 who just contradicted his 'rules are rules" stance, but I digress.

I was just looking for a general consensus. People think the way they think, nothing is going to change that.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

And of course your Classy teammate weren't pissed by falling for the banana in the tail pipe. The opposing coach was a douchebag of the highest level. "Sure you can grab a player" thinking he was going to win anyway. However, if we lose, I'll just protest the guy we told them that could pick up. I'm sure all of your guys shook hands after that.:rolleyes:

First of all, i wasn't the coach. I didn't ask ****. Actually, after the game i said if we were serious about advancing we should've just taken the out. Other coach assumed they'd win, i was wrong about them being 0-2, they'd beaten us earlier, and we assumed we'd lose.

I never said Rules are rules was my opinion, it's fact. I assume a cop won't pull me over for 5 over the limit, but if he does oh well. That doesn't mean i don't drive over the speed limit. You assumed that. You've always heard a tiny portion of what i say, and just assumed the rest.

Since you don't get it, i don't care about your opinion or anyone else's on this topic because it's as relevant as do you like peanut butter.

dunkky

lol. dunno about roids, but i am working on my shoulder and bicep nowadays.

i watched a lot of blackburn's swings on youtube. when it comes to cutting the ball, no one come close.

I was kinda wondering about him just fading out from his softball career. Thought he got hurt badly and decided to move on.

Kirby was the same, was very good but he just retired. there are many other things those are a way more important than softballs for sure.

Country469

well yeah even the best softball players aren't making enough off playing the game each weekend to do anything but live in a bachelor pad and stay single.

roids work tho for real

blakcherry329

First of all, i wasn't the coach. I didn't ask ****. Actually, after the game i said if we were serious about advancing we should've just taken the out. Other coach assumed they'd win, i was wrong about them being 0-2, they'd beaten us earlier, and we assumed we'd lose.

I never said Rules are rules was my opinion, it's fact. I assume a cop won't pull me over for 5 over the limit, but if he does oh well. That doesn't mean i don't drive over the speed limit. You assumed that. You've always heard a tiny portion of what i say, and just assumed the rest.

Since you don't get it, i don't care about your opinion or anyone else's on this topic because it's as relevant as do you like peanut butter.
Are you off your meds??? WTF?